No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 4 very long days of work I am finally off. It felt like an eternity. Its been aabout 4 days since I've even worked out, just didn't have it in me to go outside and do it. Today was different though. Played outside with the kids, with plenty of piggyback rides, and finally got to workout.

Today's workout:

100 kb snatches (time 5:10)
    100 kb swings (time 4:44)
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 20-15-15
    Bulgarian bag front squats, 5 sets of 10
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I'm pretty sure piggyback rides count as a workout.

Comment

• Well, I was going to workout today, but I need another day to recover. My legs(especially my hamstrings) are fucking sour as shit. Taking that long break and then doing 200 reps with a kettelbell smoked them pretty good. Still got some play time in with the kids, I was just moving a little slower than usual. Tomorrow I should be good and recovered and can get that much harder of a workout in. If the weather stays nice I'll set up some kind of circuit in the backyard.

I saw all the new journals started since the 30 day challenge began. I was a little annoyed at first, since I just want to read the ones I read. But then i realized i was being a dick. Good for these people for starting this lifestyle. I'm sure a few will drop off as they go, but those that stay may be good additions to the forum. Who know maybe I will even read a couple of other journals. Wow, I'm becoming less dickish in my old age.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I think more than a few will drop off. I'm saying at least 50%-75%.
          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
            I think more than a few will drop off. I'm saying at least 50%-75%.
            Yeah, 75% minimum I think. I just didn't want to be discouraging to anyone.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Circuit - 10 rounds for time

Sledgehammer Slam - 5 left side, 5 right side
              Kettlebell Snatch - 5 left side, 5 right side
              Sandbag Thrusters - 5
              Push-ups - 5

Total Time = 18:57

Pull-ups - 3 sets, 8-7-7. Done differently today. Did them straddling the bar so my head comes up to each side of the bar, alternating each time.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                Yeah, 75% minimum I think. I just didn't want to be discouraging to anyone.
                Nah, you're just realistic. We know that this can be a difficult lifestyle to keep up with. Most go into this with the idea that this will be their magical pill and will cure everything. Yeah, it does fix a lot but you have to be patient and want it.
                Georgette

Comment

I saw all the new journals started since the 30 day challenge began. I was a little annoyed at first, since I just want to read the ones I read. But then i realized i was being a dick. Good for these people for starting this lifestyle. I'm sure a few will drop off as they go, but those that stay may be good additions to the forum. Who know maybe I will even read a couple of other journals. Wow, I'm becoming less dickish in my old age.
                  I had a very similar thought-process.

Yeah, it does fix a lot but you have to be patient and want it.
                  this is so true!
                  (field) journal
                  primal start-weight (3/11): 154
                  current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Comment

• Today's workout:

Double KB clean and press, 5 sets of 10
                    20 Turkish Get-Ups (10 each side)
                    Chin-ups, 8-6-5
                    Dumbbell rows, 3 sest of 10
                    Squats with heavy bag on one shoulder and kettlebell in opposite hand, 3 sets of 10
                    Heavy bag front squats, 4 sets of 10

So, on Wednesday after mowing the lawn i got a small blister on my right thumb, just below the web of my hand. well, when I did the sledgehammer stuff that day I had ripped the blister open. I finished my workout that day, and today's was done too, but it is a bit tender. I guess the workouts will toughen it up quick enough. Luckily it's not in a spot that has a big effect on my grip, it just hurts like a motherfucker when i hit it.

Comment

• Today's Workout: Done at around hour 19 or 20 of a fast.

4 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges
                      Push-ups, 20-17-14
                      Dumbbell rows, 3 sest of 10
                      Sandbag thrusters, 3 sets of 10
                      heavy sandbag cleans, 3 sets of 10
                      heavy sandbag front squats, 3 sets of 10

The fast today wasn't planned, just happened that way. I still haven't eaten and I feel good, but I am ready to start cooking. Part of the reason i was busy this morning is we are looking to adopt a dog. I found one that, according to what they wrote about the dog on-line, matched what I was looking for. I wanted a young spayed female yellow lab(mix is ok as long as it is predominantly lab) that is good with other dogs and small kids. So I called the dog rescue place and verified that this is what I'm looking for in a pet. They said yep, that's what it is. So I drive an over an hour north to go check it out. When I get there i find a pit bull that may have a small bit of lab(but not that you could tell by looking at it). I take the dog out for a walk and one of the other trainers with another dog tells me to be careful since the dog I have is known to be dog aggressive. I bring her back and ask about how she would be around small children, and the guy says "oh, she might play a little rough with small children." WTF!!! How does this dog any any way meat the criteria ask told you about? If you don't have a dog that would suit my family right now just tell me. I won't get angry. You could write down my name and number and if something comes in you think i would like then call me. Don't make me waste my time, gas, and toll money to see something I told you I don't want! Well, there are some others i can look at, and some are closer to home, so we'll see what we find.

Comment

• That doesn't sound like a fun day at all period. We have a male full blooded Australian Shepherd and a female mutt. I'll take the mutt over the pure bred any day of the week. She's quiet, extremely obedient and only barks when there is need for concern. The pure breed is loud, doesn't take direction well and will bark at everything including falling leaves. You really do have to watch out for breeders. They'll say anything to get rid of a dog.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Here it is a little after 2 am on a sunday morning. I'm sitting here at work, and I have a little time to look on the interwebs. I won't say it's the "Q" word right now since that makes all hell break loose. I really want to get a hard workout in later today after I wake up. I haven't done shit since the 19th and I'm feeling lazy as fuck. the last couple of weeks I have had no energy to go and do anything on the days I work, especially on the 4 day stretch. 12 hour shifts are great for having extra days off, but they do suck for trying to do things on the work days. So right now I'm drinking shitty gas station coffee to keep me going for the last 4.5 hours and then it's 4 days off.

Comment

• Yesterday's workout:

100 KB Snatches (5:23)
                            100 KB Swings (4:57)
                            Push-ups, 20-15-15
                            Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
                            Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10
                            Heavy bag front squats, 4 sets of 10

felt pretty sluggish in the beginning, but I guess that can be expected with the long break between workouts. Need to try harder not to get so bogged down that I have such big gaps anymore. Also, I need a heavier kettlebell, but funds are low so I will have to make due with what I have for a little while. I haven't run in a while now. I will try to get out and do a couple of miles sometime in the next few days.

In other news, cinnamon and heavy cream in coffee = dessert for breakfast.

Comment

• Just a quick update. Not that numbers mean too much, but I did break the 170 plateau. Today's weight is 169.

Comment

Just a quick update. Not that numbers mean too much, but I did break the 170 plateau. Today's weight is 169.
                                Wooohoooo!! Freakin' awesome, man! Congrats! Any idea what your target weight might be, despite weight being a relatively silly measurement?
                                August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Working...
                                X