Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    Cool! Looking forward to hearing how it goes with your daughters and how they like it.

On second reading, maybe Mark wasn't discounting my WOW idea as being too similar to the Auroch Stalk one? I can't tell now. Let me know how you interpret this email:

Great idea, Patrick. In fact, we've already done a similar WOW: WOW: The Auroch Stalk | Mark's Daily Apple

Thanks for sending it along and Grok on!

Best,
    Mark
    Yeah, I got the feeling he liked it. The comparison to the other WOW sounded like a great minds think alike kind of thing.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Oh, and something I don't think I've put up here anywhere, so I"ll share it here and in my journal:

MOVE on Vimeo

You will fucking dig this, man. Move is a little flashy (literally), but Learn and Eat are both a bit gentler on the eyes, even if they aren't as fancifully edited.
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabatas -
        Snatches X2
        Swings X2
        Push-ups, 20-20-17
        Chin-ups, 3 sets of 6
        Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10

It was hot as 10 motherfuckers out today. It's 89 with a "Feels Like" temp(whatever that means) of 98. The kettlebells were getting slippery with all the sweat. I tried to keep the rest between tabatas to just enough to catch my breath. By the second set of swings I thought I was going to puke, good times. What is wrong with me that i enjoy that feeling so much. Now I am guzzling down water and just ate a banana(gotta replenish those glycogen stores, you know) Later in I'll have some leftover chili.

Tonight it's back to work. Just an 8 hour night(thank god) so i'll be home at 3 if all goes well. I have to be up early tomorrow, it's orientation day for my oldest at school. She'll get to meet her 1st grade teacher and see her classroom.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• The two youngest have orientation tonight. They go back Monday. Honestly cannot believe that it's time to go back to school once again. Summer flew by.
          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
            The two youngest have orientation tonight. They go back Monday. Honestly cannot believe that it's time to go back to school once again. Summer flew by.
            I hear you, I don't know where this summer went. At least she likes school and is looking forward to going back. the complete opposite of me at that age.

Comment

• My two youngest love school and the oldest hates it. I constantly worry about the oldest dropping out.
              Georgette

Comment

• Got about 6 hours of sleep today. That's not too bad, right? My daughter likes her new teacher and already loves the classroom and her desk. There will be about 3 or 4 girls from her kindergarten class in with her, so she will already know people. She was a little disappointed her best friend is in the other class, but they do a lot of combined class activity and have recess together, so they still get to see each other. The teacher was so happy that someone came in. I guess not too many were taking the time to do it. Found out that do to budget cuts, the PE teacher was laid off. Now the music teacher is the music/PE teacher, and there will be limited time in art class. It figures. The 3 areas I would like her to spend more time in are what the government decides to cut. Well, I've never relied on the school to be her primary teacher anyway, that is our job.

My wife decided to stop and get some chocolate cream filled doughnuts as a "School Orientation Celebration" treat. These were one of my major weaknesses in my pre-PB days. Even though I was plenty full of eggs and bacon, the smell was starting to get to me. I decided to get some 90% chocolate and coffee and that took care of the cravings just fine. Just 2 squares, didn't go crazy. This is the first time i've had a craving in a very long time. There was a time when i would have been overwhelmed by the craving, now it is just like "meh, don't want it that much".

Comment

• So I am sitting outside drinking my coffee, trying to soak up some vitamin d while watching the kids play, and some gnats land in my cup of coffee. Ah well, fuck it....just a little added protein, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                    So I am sitting outside drinking my coffee, trying to soak up some vitamin d while watching the kids play, and some gnats land in my cup of coffee. Ah well, fuck it....just a little added protein, right?
                    A little extra protein never hurts
                    Georgette

Comment

• Spent the day at the mall. Had to buy new shoes for the 1st day of school, but somehow we managed to go into every other store and buy crap we don't need. God, I hate the mall. So when we got home I did what I always do to relax and unwind. Yep, workout time.

Today's workout:

3 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5, KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, and 5 KB lunges
                      Push-ups, 20-15-15
                      Dumbbell rows, 4 sets of 10
                      Bulgarian bag squates, 5 sets of 12

Big week ahead of us. School starts, my oldest turns 6(although we already had the party a while back since her birthday is always the first week of school and no one one show up to a party then), and we may have a hurricane sitting on top of us by Friday. I may just go ahead a put the shutters up on all the small windows now, just in case. That way it will save time if I have to do it for real.

Comment

• This is why I try to avoid malls at all costs. Hate those places and I'm a woman lol. I'm starting to find workouts help with stress as well. Hopefully the hurricane heads off track.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Worked out today, but I really wasn't feeling it. I was up early and REALLY felt like taking a nap earlier in the afternoon, but was never able to get more than a few minutes of closing my eyes a couple of times. The workout felt sluggish, but I got through it(kinda shortened it a little).

Today's Workout:

Tabatas -
                          Snatches X2
                          Swings X2
                          Push-ups, 20-20-15
                          Dumbbell rows, 2 sets of 10
                          Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10

Just finished dinner, and now watching Tinker Bell: Great Fairy Rescue for the 10,001 time. Almost time to get theses kids clean, read some stories, and get them to bed. I have some 90% chocolate waiting for me. Tomorrow is my oldest's official 6th birthday, even though we had her party a little while back. Gramma and Grampa are coming up to take her to dinner, and then back her for cake and ice cream. Yes, i plan on fucking up some birthday cake. That things has been sitting in the fridge starring me down for the last 2 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                            Yes, i plan on fucking up some birthday cake. That things has been sitting in the fridge starring me down for the last 2 days.
                            I think after watching Tinkerbell for the 10,000+ time I would want to fuck up more than just a birthday cake. Your patience is astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              I think after watching Tinkerbell for the 10,000+ time I would want to fuck up more than just a birthday cake. Your patience is astounding.
                              It's not all that bad! It's better than some of the shit cartoons out there.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Fuck that bday cake up, sir. It has it comin'.
                                August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Working...
                                X