No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dayum!!!!! Awesome results you're getting!! I keep telling myself I need to take pictures but I chicken out. No one has taken a picture of me since October, 2010.

BTW, steak and eggs is a great breakfast
    Georgette

Comment

Thanks Geostump. Not Dayum-worthy yet, but I'm working on it. I give it another 6 months and the Dayums will be flying left and right.

And yes, steak and eggs is a great breakfast, as well as lunch, dinner, and midnight snack. Anyone who says otherwise just ain't right.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

I had steak and eggs Saturday. I really could go for some now.
        Georgette

Comment

Dinner was good tonight. Wife was working so it was leftovers. The t-bone steak was almost as good as the first night I cooked them(Icook a damn good steak). With it I had a salad that was probably large enough to feed a family of 4, but it hit the spot. For desert 4 squares of 90% dark chocolate.

The workout tonight went well. Started out with 2 tabatas doing kettlebell snatches with about a minute rest between them. Then on to double kettlebell clean a press, 3 sets. Then 3 sets of dumbell rows. Then 3 sets of squates with the heavy sandbag. And finally 3 sets of push-ups.

Now just laying in bed watching tv waiting to get tired. Going to take the magnesium citrate and let it do its thing. I know it would probably help not to be watching tv before bed, but nobody is perfect.

Tommorow night it is back to work. At least until I win the lottery and retire.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

Up today at about 7:30 am. I have to work tonight, but hopefully they will let me go early since I have training tommorow afternoon. With any luck I'll get out of there around 2 or 3am.

Breakfast today: 4 eggs over easy and a small mountain of bacon. 2 cups of coffee with heavy cream, probably 1 more cup later.

For dinner later I have some top sirloin fillets thawing. I will probably fry them in some bacon grease. It sears the outside nice and crispy while keeping the middle nice and rare. That and a big ass salad.

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
              Hey, what do you know it worked. The before pic was from the christmas 2009, about 2 months before starting and the other one is fairly current. Still have a way to go, but getting better.
              Dude, you look like a fucking beast -- like Beowulf about to go tear some limbs off creatures of legend. Holy shit... That's amazing progress and then some!
              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Yes, skink, awesome pics and amazing progress. One can definitely see a distinct, noticeable difference between the before and after. Big time! Keep posting the progress!

oh, and I gather from your posts you are as much of a steak fan as I am! Awesome. Nothing beats a big, fat, steak grilled on your own grill. Im am a HUGE fan!!!!
                If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

Hey, thanks for the comments(Beowolf, huh? I always thought he'd be taller than me.). I'm not where I want to be yet, but at least getting there is enjoyable now. And Nachobrawler, words cannot describe my love for steak!

Comment

Steak is a beautiful thing. It's a tie between that and bacon.
                    Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                      Hey, thanks for the comments(Beowolf, huh? I always thought he'd be taller than me.). I'm not where I want to be yet, but at least getting there is enjoyable now. And Nachobrawler, words cannot describe my love for steak!
                      Yeah, those are some kickass arms dude, and as for steak...oh yeah, so freaking good. Keep it up man. You're rocking it.

Comment

Well, I have a cool-ass boss so I will be rolling out of work early tonight so I can get a normal amount of sleep and maybe even eat something before going to training tommorow. This is really goos since I didn't sleep at all today before coming to work. Hmmmm...lets see...I can go take a nap, or I can go outside a play with my little one. I've said before that daddy can't say no, but I think it's actually more that daddy doesn't want to say no. They won't be little forever, and I won't know what to do when they are older and are too cool to hang out with dad. It reminds me of when my oldest was a new-born and my wife, sounding all worried, said "what is this on her finger?" Well I jumped up and ran over to see what was wrong. When I got there she says "Oh, nevermind...it's just you wrapped around it." She was right and it hasn't changed.

Dinner tonight: Top sirloin filets done in the skillet in bacon grease. They came out good, but a little too done for me. More medium-rare than rare. Everyone else is ok with them, I just like them bloody. Also a big salad...but normal big, not like the other night.

Comment

So, the last couple of days...let's see.

Thursday, woke up around 10 am after about 8 hours of pretty good sleep. Had sausage and eggs, and of course coffee with heavy cream. A little later I ate 2 tangerines(was in the mood for sweet. Then off to training. It was pretty fun. Got to run some obstacle courses(dragging 150 dummies, flipping a tracktor tire, jumping over walls, and all that stuff). Did a little DT and then was time to break for dinner. No one could quite understand how it was that I wasn't going to eat. Yeah...I ain't eatin'. After that did a bunch of shooting guns, which is always fun. On the way home I stopped and picked up a rotiserie chicken. It was ok. Not the biggest chicken eater. But it was lat and I didn't want to make a lot of noise in the kitchen and wake up the whole family. Finally a couple of squares of 90% chocolate.

Friday: Sleep pattern messed up from the day before, so up at 7:30 am and I am back to work at night. I really needed a nap, but my oldest daughter was so upset by not seeing me on thursday I couldn't do it to her again. Our routine on workdays is I wake up when she comes home from school, I eat breakfast, and we go outside and play until I have to get ready for work. Maybe I should have taken a nap, but we played instead. Those are my priorities.

For breakfast bacon and eggs and coffee with cream. For dinner I had some leftover chicken from the night before. I heated it up by throwing it in the skillet after cooking some bacon. Yes, the bacon grease makes it taste better.

Went to work that night, so ended up staying up for 24 hours.

Woke up today around 1:30pm. Ate some bacon and eggs, drank some coffee, then outside to play with the kids. Dinner was chuck steak made on the skillet in butter(not thegreatest steak, but it's inexpensive and what we have until shopping day gets here) and some green beans with butter.

At work now. It's my friday and 4 days off after this. Will try to get some good workouts and play time in.

Comment

sunday: slept until about 1pm. breakfats was eggs and bacon. played outside with the kids for a little while and then it was time to go grocery shopping. came home and then worked out for a while. did a nice mix of kettlebells, sandbag, and body weight stuff. pushed myself pretty hard and felt pretty good. diner was hamburgers(no bun of course) with pickle, onion, tomatoe, and dijon mustard. for desert some 90% chocolate.

today: up around 7am. felt a little tired and could have used more sleep, but thats how it is. breakfast was eggs and bacon(shocker). ran errands most of the day, then picked up the oldest from school. for dinner it was a london broil that came out a nice medium rare and a salad that was big enough to feed a small country. later will be some more 90% chocolate. the chocolate is definitly my weakness.

Comment

Chocolate's your weakness, eh? The London Broil would be mine. A butcher here wraps sausage with bacon, and then wraps the London Broil around that. It's rare he has it in, but I always grab some when he does! Amazing. One could easily make that, I suppose, but I'm lazy.

Your workout sounds awesome! I'm envious.
                              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                A butcher here wraps sausage with bacon, and then wraps the London Broil around that.
                                That sounds fucking awesome! I will be making this soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X