Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
    Just don't hurt the kettleballs. They're innocent I tell ya!
    HAHA, yep....I'm just about to go out and fuck them up right now.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Heh I find these forums to be great for pissing myself off when I feel a strong masochistic streak emerging. Thankfully, that streak doesn't manifest often.
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        Heh I find these forums to be great for pissing myself off when I feel a strong masochistic streak emerging. Thankfully, that streak doesn't manifest often.
        Yeah, I must have been feeling REALLY masochistic today. I was reading a bunch of stuff here, and I don't normally do that. I will go back to reading the main blog and those journals I care to follow.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's Workout:

100 KB snatches for time = 6:18
          Tabata KB swings
          20 Turkish Get-ups
          Bulgarian Bag cleans into a front squat, 3 sets of 10
          Squats with heavy bag on 1 shoulder and KB in opposite hand, 3 sets of 10

Oh, and I should also count what I did earlier. While out in the yard with the kids earlier in the day I would do 4 or 5 pull-ups or chin-ups whenever I walked by the swing set. So I did probably around 30.

Now I have some chili waiting for me on the stove. It was a bison chili recipe, but grass fed beef will have to do.

Comment

• I gotta get me some bison methinks.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

I gotta get me some bison methinks.
              I'd love some bison, but it is around $7.40 a lb and beef is about $5. So the choice is simple.

Comment

• If you were ever wondering how hot the food you just put in your bowl is, DO NOT test it by putting your finger in it.

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                  I'd love some bison, but it is around $7.40 a lb and beef is about $5. So the choice is simple.
                  Get both and revel in meat-filled glory?

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    Get both and revel in meat-filled glory?
                    I have made it with bison and beef and it comes out pretty good. Once the wife has her paycheck coming in again with the new semester I'll make another big meat order. i wasn't thrilled with my last order from the place I was using, so I'm looking for another source. I was trying to find something local, but most want you to drive half way across the state to pick it up. There's always Slanker's or US Wellness Meat.

Comment

• Funny you should say that, Jon. I usually buy 200g each of: minced lamb, pork and beef. Then I just kneed it all together and cook it up in one batch with 1/4 cup of parsley, a shallot, some allspice, pepper and salt. It's good enough to just eat with a spoon, but I usually dish it onto salads, omelets.... whatever. (Though I do also just eat it with a spoon when I'm feelin' lazy.)

Comment

• A good meat mixture is awesome, but price is a hassle at times. Dave, you live in FL where it's largest Ag export is beef (at least it was 10 years ago) and you can't find decent meat? WTF man?

Comment

• Yep, there is a shit-ton of beef in Florida, but grass-fed/finished there is really only a handful. There is only 1 that I know of on my end of the state, and when you look at there prices you would think they were selling you gold. Most are in central and northern Florida. They seem to have decent prices when buying in bulk, but wont ship. They want me to drive up and get it. I would like to start exploring the different farmer's markets to see what they have, but the work schedule makes it hard. There are quite a few families around here that have very small herds on their property. I would guess if they did sell their beef it would be at something like a farmer' market.

Comment

• So Mark wrote me back about the WOW I submitted and said thanks but the Auroch Stalk was very similar. (Very true!) Never expected to get an email back from him, though, so that was cool!

Comment

So Mark wrote me back about the WOW I submitted and said thanks but the Auroch Stalk was very similar. (Very true!) Never expected to get an email back from him, though, so that was cool!
                              Eh, I see them being pretty different. the other one is more of a slow speed crawl in a plank position. Yours was more a fast pace grok crawl, crab walk, frog jump, push-up kind of thing. The only similarity is there is crawling involved. I still like yours and have implemented it at my house.

Comment

• Cool! Looking forward to hearing how it goes with your daughters and how they like it.

On second reading, maybe Mark wasn't discounting my WOW idea as being too similar to the Auroch Stalk one? I can't tell now. Let me know how you interpret this email:

Great idea, Patrick. In fact, we've already done a similar WOW: WOW: The Auroch Stalk | Mark's Daily Apple

Thanks for sending it along and Grok on!

Best,
                                Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X