No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the warrior dash is going to be a definite. I'm not ready to give up on the Super Spartan just yet. I still think 6 months should give me enough time to get ready. The Warrior Dash will let me know for sure. As much as I love a challenge, I still wouldn't want to hurt myself doing something I'm not prepared for. My employer would agree with me there. I don't have a job you can do on crutches. BUT, my intention is to be prepared. The obstacles aren't the part that worries me, it the 8 MILES!!! 3 I know I can handle. 8, i'm have my doubts.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
      Why don't you work on the Warrior Dash, and based on that register or not for the Super Spartan? You don't have to do shit you don't want to, dude, and like you said: it's hard to say how prepared you're getting unless you do one. Plenty of time to register still for the Super Spartan between Dec and Feb!
      That seems to be the smartest thing to do in my estimation. I'm not much of a runner either and if I were to do one, it would be the shorter of the 2 to start with. Definitely do the Warrior Dash and see where that sets you for the Super Spartan.
      Georgette

Comment

• Yesterday's workout:

6 rounds of 20 sledgehammer slams(10 right, 10 left) and 5 burpee into a double KB clean and press(1st round was 10, but that was a bit much sustain). 6 rounds with no more than a 15 second rest between rounds.

20 Turkish get ups (10 each side)
        Push-ups, 20-20-12
        sandbag thrusters, 3 sets of 10
        Squats with Bulgarian bag on one shoulder and KB in opposite hand, 2 sets of 10

Tonight is my Friday, then it's 3 days off. Too bad I have a bunch of shit planned to do, but we will try to make it to the beach on one of the days. MUST MAKE TIME FOR PLAY.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata Snatches X2
          Tabata Swings
          Turkish Get-ups, 20 (alternating sides every 5)
          Push-ups, 20-15-10
          Sandbag Thrusters, 5 sets of 8

Comment

• Spent the 1st half of the day at the beach. Everyone had a real nice time. Wore out the kids, they fell asleep in the car on the way home. And of course I thought "hey, it's the hottest part of the day and I've been out in the sun at the beach all day. I know, I'm going to go home and workout outside!"

Today's workout:

4 sets of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 KB Lunges. No break when transitioning from right side to left side.
            Push-ups, 20-20-15
            Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
            Bulgarian Bag squats, 8 sets of 10

Comment

• Yes, and this is why you are a better man than I.

Dave - outside all day 'lets work out!'
              Jon - 'Man the beach was hot, honey please get me a beer.'

Comment

• I say again, Dave: you're crazy! I think Florida heat would kill me.
                August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  Yes, and this is why you are a better man than I.

Dave - outside all day 'lets work out!'
                  Jon - 'Man the beach was hot, honey please get me a beer.'
                  Better man? No. Fucking lunatic? Yes. Being crazy is just so much damn fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                    That's what my husband said to me when I was running sprints in 90-95 degree heat with 70% humidity.
                    Georgette

Comment

Tomato, tomahto

Comment

• OK, I need to come on here and do a quick rant about pediatricians. They are fucking idiots. My youngest went in for her 3 year old check-up the other day. All is good. She is in perfect health and advancing the way she should. Then the idiot doctor says she concerned because of her weight. Apparently the average weight for a 3 year old is 30 lbs and she is 35 lbs. But wait, didn't you also just get done telling us she is taller than average also? So what, we should make her lose 5 lbs and make it so you can see her ribs sticking out? She doesn't have an ounce of excess fat on her! She does have plenty of muscle and can keep up with the older kids on the play ground(can go up a rock wall like nobody's business). So what kind of fucking doctor looks only at what the charts say a child should be instead of actually LOOKING AT THE CHILD. So, to those doctors out there I say FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCKS!

Comment

FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCKS!
                          Hopefully those were your exact words to the doctor

Comment

OK, I need to come on here and do a quick rant about pediatricians. They are fucking idiots. My youngest went in for her 3 year old check-up the other day. All is good. She is in perfect health and advancing the way she should. Then the idiot doctor says she concerned because of her weight. Apparently the average weight for a 3 year old is 30 lbs and she is 35 lbs. But wait, didn't you also just get done telling us she is taller than average also? So what, we should make her lose 5 lbs and make it so you can see her ribs sticking out? She doesn't have an ounce of excess fat on her! She does have plenty of muscle and can keep up with the older kids on the play ground(can go up a rock wall like nobody's business). So what kind of fucking doctor looks only at what the charts say a child should be instead of actually LOOKING AT THE CHILD. So, to those doctors out there I say FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCKS!
                            Right on brother Dave, right on. I haven't taken my kids to their annual appointments in ages. They only go now if they are ill and that's that. I'm going to get ripped on their weight one way or the other; this one is overweight because she's so short, this one is underweight and she's short, this one is just slightly above on weight yet she's tall. STFU doctor's and let us do our thing.
                            Georgette

Comment

• 35lb at age 3? She's healthy as hell, sounds like. Shit, my buddies' son is 38 lb... and he's 20 months old. The kid's a monster. Healthy as hell, so tall he's way beyond the 100th percentile (and always has been) and able to muscle-up over the side of the couch. He was visiting his great-grandmother and saw a 1-lb dumbbell on the floor, so he picked it up. As he was bending down to grab it, he saw another one, so he grabbed that one, too. . . .with the same hand.

Weight means fuck-all, especially as it relates to kids. They grow weirdly anyway. They get awkward-big and then they hit a growth spurt and suddenly the doctor thinks they're "too thin" or some shit. Frankly, you know your kid better than the doctor does. Fuck him and the scale he rode in on.
                              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• 4 days off from working out, I was starting to get antsy. Just didn't have the energy to go out and do it on the work days. The most I've done was 4 or 5 pull-ups on the swing set and the occasional piggy back ride while taking the kids out before getting ready for work each day. The down side of 12 hour shifts. But today I am off so I am back.

Today's workout:

3 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, and 5 KB lunges
                                no rest between right to left side.
                                Push-ups, 20-15-15
                                Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
                                Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10

I know I'm a big "fuck the scale" kind of guy, but today i got on and saw I am now at 173. I'm still gaining muscle too, so I wonder how much fat was lost. My work clothes are starting to get baggy again, that's all I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X