No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took some time off(4 days to be exact) and I think the recovery time helped. The tightness in my quads is gone and yesterday's workout felt good.

Yesterday's workout:

3 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges
    I take no break in between switching from right side to left side so it is like one continuous set.(50 rep set!!!)
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 20-15-10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10

The morning(afternoon really, damn night shift) before the workout I added a banana with my breakfast. I think it helped, so maybe I will up my carbs just a little bit on workout days. Nothing crazy, just a bit.

Ate dinner kind of late last night, so I wasn't really hungry this morning and fasted until lunch(steak and eggs ) I'm thinking later this afternoon I might try and take a short run, maybe just 2-3 miles(maybe throw in a set of burpees here and there for good measure).
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Well, due to things out of my control, the run tonight got put on hold. First, it poured down rain with a shit load of lightning. Then, my wife wanted to take a walk by herself. A) I want to encourage her to exercise whenever possible, and 2) if she ain't happy then nobody is, so she's getting in her walk. Tomorrows workout will have to be double tough to make up for it. I need to give it some thought and make it a real puker.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Hope things are alright on the home front, Dave!

How's your training going? Is the idea of the Spartan Race coming up in six months spurring you on or stressing you out?
        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Everything is good here(except when I can't go run!). The thought of the Spartan race is both spurring me on and stressing me out(or should I say scarring the shit out of me) all at the same time. But it's OK, I actually perform better under pressure.

Comment

• Eustress, baby.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• You want to know what is really fucking crazy? I put a link on my twitter account to my post saying I think the hcg diet is stupid, and now I have 4 followers that sell the hcg injection and drops, as well as a other BS scam diet shit. Are they really that fucking stupid?

Comment

• Hcg spammers have no sense of irony, I guess. I still have hope that Nigerian princesses with their millions do, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick View Post
                  hcg spammers have no sense of irony, i guess. I still have hope that nigerian princesses with their millions do, though.
                  lmfao

Comment

• So what kind of fucking retard decides to go outside and workout when it is 95 degrees in the shade? Yep, this kind of retard right here. I figure if I torture myself now, the spartan race won't be such a shock to the system.

Today's workout:

Tabatas of the following with 1.5 minute rest in between
                    Burpees
                    KB Snatch
                    KB Snatch
                    KB Clean and Press
                    KB Swings
                    (by the time i got to the swings i thought i was going to die)
                    Squats with a Bulgarian bag over one shoulder and a kettlebell in the opposite hand hanging down between the legs(alternating sides each set), 6 set of 10
                    See-Saw Presses with KB's, 3 sets of 10(or sets of 20 if you want to look at it that way. 10 each side)

Holy fucking hell is it hot out there today. I literally felt like I was cooking. But like I said, torture myself now so the Spartan race isn't a shock to the system. Hell, it will be a nice cool February morning when I do that. Tomorrow I would like to get in at least 3 mile run. Nothing crazy, just a moderate pace. Need to start a little more endurance stuff.

Comment

• Okay, Dave. Pictures time. Let's see them guns now! You were looking like a badass brick shit-house months ago. I'm surprised you aren't Tabata swinging the Hulk as a warm up!

Pictures!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                        Okay, Dave. Pictures time. Let's see them guns now! You were looking like a badass brick shit-house months ago. I'm surprised you aren't Tabata swinging the Hulk as a warm up!

Pictures!
                        Hahaha, I'll see what I can do. I am kind of lazy when it comes to that stuff.

Comment

• You'll feel better for it, and it's great reinforcement on your progress and efforts.

Comment

• Holy shit, it is fucking hot outside(South Florida in the summer time, duh). I wanted to make sure I got a run in today anyway. I could feel the heat radiating up off the pavement. So the heat, combined with the daily big-ass thunder storm looming in the distance, I kept it to just 2 miles with 15 push-ups at the .5 marks(2 miles and 60 push-ups). I felt good and could have kept going, so next time I will do more. I really want to get some vff's. The pavement is way too fucking hot to go totally barefoot on right now, and I'm not getting the best form in shoes. The fall semester will be starting up soon and the wife will be bringing in a paycheck again, so maybe then I can get some. Until then my Nike Frees will have to do.

Comment

• So, on December 3 there is going to be a 3.1 mile Warrior Dash race held in my area. I think this could be a good warm up event for the Spartan race at the end of February. It could also tell me just how un-fucking-prepared I am for the 8 mile Spartan Race. For someone who has never been that into running(even when I was good at it and did it often for sports training), 8 miles is a long fucking way and is kind of freaking me out a little as you can tell. But don't worry, I still plan on doing it.

Comment

• Why don't you work on the Warrior Dash, and based on that register or not for the Super Spartan? You don't have to do shit you don't want to, dude, and like you said: it's hard to say how prepared you're getting unless you do one. Plenty of time to register still for the Super Spartan between Dec and Feb!

Comment

Working...
                                X