Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    Cool stuff! I'll head over once I have Internet at home again. Been without for 7 days now. I only have the 3G on my phone. : /
    Yeah, come on over. It's a Wordpress blog, so it should be mobile friendly until you get your internet back. And hey, there is nothing really bad about taking a technology break once in a while anyway.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's Workout(done fasted):

Tabata Burpees
      Tabata KB Snatches X 2
      Tabata KB Swings
      (1.5 min. rest between Tabata sets)
      Dumbbell Rows, 2 sets of 10
      Push-ups, 20-15-10

With the heat today I thought I was going to die. I thought I was going to throw up after the Tabata of swings. Good times. After I had a my post workout meal. I don't know if you'd call it breakfast or lunch, but I had a banana followed by a pork steak with creole seasoning seared in the skillet. Came out nicely. It's back to work tonight. 8 hour night only(thank god) so I will be off at 3am. Then it is just a couple if more days until I off again on Sunday.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Yeah, it was 46C (115F?) out yesterday with the humidex. No air-conditioning. It was freakin' brutal. No way I was going for a run.
        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Yeah, it was 46C (115F?) out yesterday with the humidex. No air-conditioning. It was freakin' brutal. No way I was going for a run.
          Yep, gotta love summer time. No AC? I would be spending my day at the nearest establishment that sold cold refreshments in frosted mugs if I were you.

Comment

Yeah, it was 46C (115F?) out yesterday with the humidex. No air-conditioning. It was freakin' brutal. No way I was going for a run.
            Pretty much the same here. I have no AC in my car. Pretty much soaked on the drive to work this morning.
            Georgette

Comment

• Well last night was interesting at work. I go in expecting to get out early at 3 and find out that "Due to manpower issues" I will be staying until 6am. OK, 3 hours Oscar Tango never hurts. My intention is to find a quiet place to hide and wait to go home. Instead I end up getting in a pretty primal workout. A bunch of guys were seen trying to break into cars, and then run from the Sgt. We catch 1, and then I get into a short foot chase with 2 more that I lose sight of(this was my warm-up sprint). So now the helicopter and K9 unit show up. Well my adrenaline is all amp'd up, so I go with K9 as back-up on the track. We then spend about an hour walking/running/crawling through some inhospitable and rough terrain. It wouldn't have been too bad if yesterdays workout hadn't already smoked my quads. With the exception of finding every spiderweb in the area with my face, it was actually fun(even though they got away). The down side was I was drenched in sweat and my pants and boots were soaked from the wet ground. I still had 3 hours left in the shift and had to spend it with wet socks and "swamp-ass".

The thing is, before PB there is NO WAY I COULD HAVE DONE THIS.

Comment

• Sounds like a fun night in a weird way.
                Georgette

Comment

• That sounds freakin' intense! As Geo said, sounds like it was fun, in a weird way. Certainly a test of your Primalness!

PS: google "nathan fillion psa swamp ass". Damn funny stuff!
                  August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

That sounds freakin' intense! As Geo said, sounds like it was fun, in a weird way. Certainly a test of your Primalness!
                    ^ This. Neither rain, nor, sleet, nor swamp-of-ass will stop Dave kicking butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      Neither rain, nor, sleet, nor swamp-of-ass will stop Dave kicking butt.
                      HAHAHAHA.....You just made coffee shoot out my nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                        HAHAHAHA.....You just made coffee shoot out my nose.
                        I hope that didn't burn.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Spent yesterday and today down in Miami at the folks house, taking the kids to see the grandparents. My mom wanted to take them to see Winni the Pooh. It was a good time, and no I didn't eat popcorn or candy. Later it was steaks on the grill and vegies, and yes a couple of beers. Today I got up and lazed around the house while my mom, wife, and oldest daughter went shopping. I honestly don't care how big the bill was as long as I didn't have to go. When they got home I went outside for some exercise.

Today's workout: I was going to do some sprints, but while doing some warm-up sprints at about 75% my right quad started bothering me. I decided to err on the side of caution and not do sprints. So instead -

3 mile run(at moderate pace). At each .5 mile mark i did 20 push-ups, 10 pull-ups, and 10 dips. The pull-ups weren't traditional. I did them off a tree branch. Instead of pulling up to reach my chin over the top, I held the branch so I was facing parallel to it and pulled my head to the side of the branch alternating sides each rep. I was feeling pretty good at this point and was going to start doing some plyometric stuff by jumping up on a picnic table, but my wife came out and said the kids were waiting for me to go swimming in the lake. So, for my cool down I played in the lake with the kids.

Later was dinner at Chili's. It wasn't my choice, but mom had a coupon for a discount. I had Fajitas without the tortillas. After we went back to their house for coffee and desert. I had 85% chocolate. I have reached the point that 85% is too sweet and I really prefer the 90%. Now we are back home, and the kids are worn out and crashed in the car on the way here. Extra heavy lifting for the day by carrying them in the house. I was feeling a little hungry so I just had some sliced tomato with fresh mozzarella, EVOO, and balsamic vinegar. That's not a bad snack, is it?

Comment

• That sounds like a good time. I almost always tend to order fajitas whenever we go out to dinner. I know that as long as I don't eat the tortillas I'm staying fairly primal plus they're damn tasty.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              That sounds like a good time. I almost always tend to order fajitas whenever we go out to dinner. I know that as long as I don't eat the tortillas I'm staying fairly primal plus they're damn tasty.
                              The fajitas definitely taste good. I wonder about the oil they're cooked in though. I'm sure it is some combination of canola and soy oil.

Comment

• Today's workout:

8 rounds of 10 sledgehammer slams left side, 10 sledgehammer slams right side, 5 KB snatches left side, 5 KB snatches right side. about a 45 second rest between rounds. This was harder than I thought it would be.
                                Double KB Clean and press, 3 sets of 10
                                Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
                                Push-ups, 10-10-10
                                Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10
                                Bulgarian bag squats, 3 sets of 10

It was hot as a motherfucker out today during the workout. I'll be glad when fall gets here and it cools down a little. My clothes were so drenched in sweat I looked like I had jumped in the lake. Today was going to be a rest day, but I have training tomorrow and have to go in early and won't be able to workout. Got it in today though.

Comment

Working...
                                X