No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nacho, not a problem. I read your comments, and I'm with you 110%, so use away. My sister, who is in the morbidly obese range, is on it ans it pisses me off. I can't uderstand that if you want the results I have already achieved, then why won't you follow what I have done. I didn't look for the magic pill. I found a new way of life. I don't want to just weigh less and take up less space. I want to be strong and healthy. I went from 250 to now 175. So I am 75 pounds lighter, but I have lost more fat than that. I have put on a lot of muscle on top of it. My arms are bigger around now than when I started, just now they are solid. My quads are getting big enough now that I can't wear regular cut jeans. I wish people would listen. We have found an amazing way of life. We can finnaly live the way we were meant to. AND WE DON'T HAVE TO RESTRICT OURSELF TO STARVATION. Let's face it, I eat likie a fucking king. Why would I want to put such huge restrictions on that. Part of being primal is taking joy in life. That is CW thinking that there must be suffering involved for a diet to work. How is HCG any different than Weight Watchers or the others? Can someone say they are doing Primal Weight Watchers? They are missing the point on the whole PB lifestyle.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
      Can someone say they are doing Primal Weight Watchers?

A few people here have. I assume you could eat primal foods and count the points, though from back when I did WW 7-8 years ago the points for meat were sky high so I'd never get to eat dinner eating how I do now. That is why I quit WW actually. I was hungry as hell all the time.

Comment

• Woke up today at about 1:30, felt pretty good. I've been fasting since 5pm yesterday, and decided to work out fasted today.

3 sets of 5 KB Swings, 5 KB High Pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB Clean and Press, and 5 Lunges w/KB. 3 sets right side, 3 sets left side.
        Push-ups, 20-15-10
        Dumbell Rows, 2 sets of 10
        Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10

Short workout today. I kept the rest between sets very short to keep the intensity high.

Post workout I ate a banana, and then about 20 minutes later I had my usual eggs, bacon, and coffee.

My business idea is starting to come together, and may become a reality soon. I'll fill in all the details as the happen. I've decided to hold off on the fitness side of things for the time being. I want to narrow down my target market to just outdoor/camping/hunting supply for now. If this works out well the maybe a separate fitness idea will come later. I am not planning on leaving my current job just yet. My idea would take minimal effort and time, and I have a plan in mind to have it almost fully automated.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• So last night was the season finale of Game of Thrones. It seemed like an short season to me. Guess I will have to get the books to read until it comes back next spring.

Todays workout:

Tabata KB snatches
          Tabata KB swings
          Tabata KB snatches
          Double KB clean and press, 4 sets of 8
          Dumbell rows, 3 sets of 10
          Push-ups, 17-15-10
          Front squats, 5 sets of 8

Just took a cold shower to cool down and drank my last of the free samples of Mark's Primal Fuel blended with a banana. I've never been big on the protein shakes, but they taste pretty good and don't seem too bad as an occasional post workout treat. In a little while I will start a pot of chilli for later.

Comment

• Started today by mowing the lawn, so we'll call that moving at a slow pace. I guess I really shouldn't call it a lawn, it is more of a giant bed of weeds at the moment, but it was mowed either way.

Today's workout:

2 sets of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 KB circular cleans, and 5 KB lunges
            1 set of all the same stuff, just minus the circular cleans (my grip was pretty smoked at this point and i didn't want it to go flying across the patio).
            Bulgarian bag cleans into a front squat, 3 sets of 10
            Push-ups, 20-15-10
            Dumbell rows, 3 sets of 10
            Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10

Not sure if it was the heat(90 degrees and lots of humidity) or the short rest times between sets, but I did feel like I was about to hurl there at the end.

Comment

• Today is my Friday then 3 days off. Today was supposed to be a workout day, but i decided to rest instead. The other day i think i slightly strained something while doing the circular cleans. I remember letting my form slip feeling something not quite right. I've had stiffness on the right side of my neck shoulder and back. Nothing serious, but I'm going to rest all the same. I'll see how it feels tomorrow and decide what I feel like doing. Let this be a lesson, USE PROPER FORM WITH THE FUCKING KETTLEBELL OR GET HURT. I know this already, and it applies to everything. One brief moment of laziness is now costing me.

Comment

• Words to live by ...Skink. Proper form is o-so-important in all types of workouts. One moment of "laziness" can set you back months....been there done that.

I hope the rest works and you didn't seriously injure something....
                If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

• @Nacho, yep. The worst part is I know better. With lifting 99% isn't good enough when that 1% can do a lot of damage. It was nothing serious, but I'm still feeling a little tightness. I learned my lesson, though. Giving it one more day of rest just to make sure.

Comment

• Took the kids to the pool yesterday. Everyone had a good time, even though a got just a tiny bit sunburned on the shoulders. It's not bad and I got plenty of vitamin D.

Yesterday's workout:

2 Tabatas of KB snatches
                    2 Tabatas of KB swings
                    Push-ups, 20-17-12
                    Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 8

Back is feeling better. Just a little bit of stiffness, but good overall.

In other news, I decided to start a blog of my own. It wont be as eloquently written as Patrick's, but I will say all the things I want to say. Come by and read if you like, just be warned I'm still tinkering with the layout and stuff. Be kind, i'm new to this technology stuff.

Also, I will be opening an online store that sells camping, hunting, and outdoor equipment, as well as some tactical police and military stuff. It's not open yet, but I will let you know when it is.

Comment

• That's good news all around -- the workout, your back and the blog! Let us know the blog address when you've got 'er started.

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                      Also, I will be opening an online store that sells camping, hunting, and outdoor equipment, as well as some tactical police and military stuff. It's not open yet, but I will let you know when it is.
                      That's fucking awesome! Which niche market are you focusing on, or are you keeping it general?
                      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                        That's good news all around -- the workout, your back and the blog! Let us know the blog address when you've got 'er started.

That's fucking awesome! Which niche market are you focusing on, or are you keeping it general?
                        Thanks Patrick. The blog should be in the signature line. The market will be general outdoor stuff. I still have some work to do with getting all the business licenses and such(i want this all to be done right, and be a legitimate business) so i'll let everyone know when it is up. There will be a web site as well as an e-bay store. I'm not quitting my day job(or night job in my case) just yet, but I've already discussed it with the wife and if that were possible in the future it may be part of the plan. If that were the case i would then start focusing on fitness stuff as well. Having just finished the Four Hour Work Week(and started reading through it again) I have a different view for my future, and now I have a plan. Nothing is set in stone, so i'll deal with issues as the arise.

Comment

• Back to work tonight after what may have been the shortest 3 days off ever. I'm convinced that someone is stealing hours from my days. I was going to work out today, but decided against it. I'm tired, feeling some DOMS from the other days workout(don't know why, it wasn't that bad), and it is raining and I don't feel like doing shit. Time to go figure out what I'm going to eat for dinner. I have leftover pork chops from last night, just need something to go with it. OK, I'll stop crying about dumb shit now. I sound pretty whiny.

Comment

• Woke up pretty early today. Kids were being kids and made plenty of noise. Only about 4.5 hours of sleep. Figured since I was up it would be a good time to get a workout in at the end of a fast.

Today's workout:

2 sets of 6 swing, high pulls, snatches, clean and press, and lunges with kettlebells.
                            Push-ups, 20-15-11
                            Bulgarian bag cleans into a front squat, 3 sets of 10
                            Dumbbell rows, 2 sets of 10
                            Sandbag thrusters, 3 sets of 10

I kept the rest periods between sets to just the bare minimum time to catch my breath to keep the intensity level high.

Now for breakfast. Probably bacon and eggs, but I need to let my stomach settle for a little bit after working out.

Comment

• Well I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing. Just did one on Tabatas, a topic near and dear to my heart.

I hope you all don't think less of me for monitizing the site. A brother's got to try and put some cheddar in his pocket when he can. The google adds are pretty ridiculous. They say they try to put things that apply to your content. Really? Jenny Craig? At least the Amazon stuff I can suggest things I really do support(like Mark's book).

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                                Well I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing. Just did one on Tabatas, a topic near and dear to my heart.

I hope you all don't think less of me for monitizing the site. A brother's got to try and put some cheddar in his pocket when he can. The google adds are pretty ridiculous. They say they try to put things that apply to your content. Really? Jenny Craig? At least the Amazon stuff I can suggest things I really do support(like Mark's book).
                                I finally read your blog. I like it. The Jenny Craig ad made me laugh, especially after seeing your reaction to it. Pretty classic.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X