Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
    So I'm playing with the kids today, and we are pretending to be camping in the living room. My daughter has a tent set up and all her stuffed animal set up around the camp fire. She then tell me she is going to make the food on the fire. She then proceeds to trap one of her stuffed rabbits and cook it. Yep, that's my girl.
    Too cute!
    Georgette

Comment

• Got home at 3am, asleep at 4, up at 10. 3 cups of coffee with breakfast, and now another cup before getting ready for work. I'm sure I'll have another cup in the middle of the night. Yep, it's going to be one of those nights.

Todays workout:

I was reading up on the RKC tests and saw I would need to snatch a 53# kettlebell 100 times in 5 minutes. Yes it is a distant future goal, but I thought id see how i'd do. I used a 40# bell and still only got 60 reps in 5 minutes. Have a ways to go. Now the rest of the workout

Double kettlebell cleans into a front squat, 3 sets of 8
      Push-ups, 20-15-10
      Kettlebell rows, 3 sets of 10
      Sandbag Thrusters, 6 sets of 10
      Turkish Get-ups, 5 left side, 5 right side

It was humid as fuck out today, so I sweat like a motherfucker. I looked like I had jumped in the lake.

Well, time to get ready for work.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Woke up early today, so I'm gonna be tired tonight(what's new). It was just too noisy in the house to get in real sleep. Kids were just being kids, so I can't be angry about it. It's Friday for, so I will have 3 days off to recover. Just ate some scambled eggs with sausage and diced onions, topped with roasted garlic salsa. If they ever told me salsa wasn't primal I would cry. Now I'm sipping the first of many cups of coffee.

So last night a friend of mine was dragged. Yep I said dragged, about 150 feet. He was assigned to a DUI check point. This dude pulls up and is hammered. He tells the guy to turn of his car and the guy won't do it. He then reaches in to turn off the engine(not the brightest move, I know). With his arm inside, the guy rolls up the window, pinning his arm, and then takes off pulling my buddy with him. After about 150 feet he pulls his arm out and rolls on the ground. The guy goes a little further and then crashes. All this because he was drunk and had a little weed. Now he's facing felony charges and my buddy is out of work with injuries(luckily they weren't bad). What the fuck is wrong with people.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• OMG. So sorry to hear about your buddy. I hope your buddy's ok and not too shook up about this. Be safe tonight.

BTW, I have a youtube vid on my journal you may be interested in.
          Georgette

Comment

• Just checked out that video, and yes that would be super bad-ass to do. I just don't have an extra $1200 laying around at the moment.

Comment

• We know a guy that's going to do that this summer and our friend is going to do that in 2-3 yrs. I would be crazy enough to do that. Wonder if they let chicks do that?
              Georgette

Comment

• Great job Skink! that is awesome progress and simply amazing!

Seriously, one thing us women cannot really get away with is losing that much weight and NOT replacing our jeans in between. Well, we can but baggy jeans on women is just not attractive and guys can get away with it and still look great. Or is it just me? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by moo View Post
                  Great job Skink! that is awesome progress and simply amazing!

Seriously, one thing us women cannot really get away with is losing that much weight and NOT replacing our jeans in between. Well, we can but baggy jeans on women is just not attractive and guys can get away with it and still look great. Or is it just me? LOL
                  Moo, I'm in between a 14 & a 12 in misses dress clothes and wear 16's and 14's in denim. I could probably wear these jeans for a while.
                  Georgette

Comment

• Damn, Dave. Hope your buddy's alright. Like I've said before, I really hate people sometimes. Damn drunks harming others.
                    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• @Moo: Thanks. I'm not a fan of the baggy pants look, so I need to do some shopping.

@every one else, my buddy is doing good. His arm swelled up like a pumpkin, though. They gave him some good pain meds, and now he is just waiting for workman's comp to send him for an MRI.

Lets see...yesterdays workout:

2 Tabatas KB Snatches
                      1 Tabata KB Swings
                      (1 min rest between Tabatas)
                      Double KB Clean and press, 5 sets of 8
                      Push-ups, 20-15-10
                      Front Squats with KB's, 5 sets of 10

Today is a rest day, but I will get some good play time in the yard with the kids. No school for the holiday, so we can't let the time go to waste. I'll wear them out good.

Comment

• LOL glad to hear you are not a fan of baggy pants. I'm not a fan either. There is a fine line between relaxed fit and baggy.

Geo - when I started doing SF I lost 3" rather quickly in my belly button circumference and my jeans would just not stay up. How do you get away with it? Some jeans can be belted sure but some cannot. My goal is not really to have to buy smaller jeans, umm.......I am a denim snob and that would cost me some major buckarooos. I guess that is inevitable though.

Comment

• New jeans today. Size 31 waist relaxed fit. Even I didn't think I had gotten down that far.

Comment

• Right on, man! 31" waist club! RAWR!
                            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by moo View Post
                              LOL glad to hear you are not a fan of baggy pants. I'm not a fan either. There is a fine line between relaxed fit and baggy.

Geo - when I started doing SF I lost 3" rather quickly in my belly button circumference and my jeans would just not stay up. How do you get away with it? Some jeans can be belted sure but some cannot. My goal is not really to have to buy smaller jeans, umm.......I am a denim snob and that would cost me some major buckarooos. I guess that is inevitable though.
                              Because I lose rather slowly. Seriously i don't lose fat fast at all. I can wear 14/16 in denim and 14/12 in dress pants. Denim is a stiffer material so sometimes you need a larger size to compensate. Plus, I buy the majority of my clothes from thrift/consignment shops.
                              Georgette

Comment

• I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my life and how I want to live it. I have come to the very strange and surprising conclusion that maybe I don't want to stay a cop. I haven't settled on this idea, but it is a thought I have been having. Since becoming Primal I have been really thinking about what my priorities in life are. I had wanted to be in law enforcement for as far back as I can remember and have been doing it for almost 13 years now, so it had become a large part of my identity. But now it seems that what I want out of life and my priorities have changed some. I want to be able to work less and spend more time with my family. I would like less stress in my life so the time I do spend with my family is better quality. I'm not sure I can do this in my current position. When I say less stressful I don't mean not challenging. I'm not saying I want to be a lazy bum and just have someone else take care of me. I find myself enjoying work less and less. I want to find a way to combine my work and play into one. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, or even if I will. But I want my life to work for me, if that makes any sense. But like I said, being a cop kind of becomes part of your identity, so this will be a hard decision to make.

Well, that was kind of a lot of rambling that didn't really make a lot of sense as i read it. I'll try and clarify it as it makes more sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X