No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was finally able to check out the latest pic and you definitely need a new pair of jeans lol. I think the wife would like that.
    Georgette

Comment

• Yep, the new jeans will have to wait until payday though. I just thought it was funny that I anticipated size 34 and it was a 32. I guess all the squats I've been doing have been paying off. The regular fit jeans, although loose in the waist, were a little tight in the thighs. I'll have to look for the relaxed fit.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Old Navy's relaxed and loose fits are great. Stumpy wears their loose fit. I think that once he starts the new job, he'll be in a 38" waist not too far off. He's always had the thigh problem and that's from playing football all 4 years in high school. He has some wicked thighs.
        Georgette

Comment

• Geek has a similar problem. I don't think they still carry it, but Old Navy's Loose Straight were what he'd go for, with loose cut Levi's (no clue what the number is, sorry, it's a loose boot cut) as a second option. In reality, his size is as hard to find as mine, but for a different reason (apparently, 31x32s are one of the most popular sizes and they're always gone by the time he gets there.) He has a similar issue with shirts: His shoulders, neck, chest, and arms are a medium, while the rest is a small. American Eagle vintage fit and Old Navy smalls, along with the Express MX1 line and certain variations of Gap t-shirts are about all he can wear without having gobs of excess fabric around his abdomen.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I forgot to mention, Stumpy's now wearing my XL tees. Thank God I have a lot of men's XL shirts or he'd be screwed.
            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
              I forgot to mention, Stumpy's now wearing my XL tees. Thank God I have a lot of men's XL shirts or he'd be screwed.
              Back in college, I used to swipe Geek's button downs to wear over whatever tshirt/ tank top I was wearing that day, after I was gently told that Hawaiian shirts didn't look good on me. I guess I could go back to doing that now that I'm my college size (smaller, actually.)

(I need to pick up more army/ navy surplus cargo pants. I miss those.)
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Its been a good day today. After picking my oldest up from school, we've spent the day palying outside. We dug in the sandbox, had a good game of backyard tag, and then played in the hose. Fun had all around. The girls are taking a Spongebob break while I am waiting for the coals to get just right on the grill. Definitely obeying the primal laws today.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Spongebob. I love Spongebob.
                  Georgette

Comment

• Ohhhhhhhhh...who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Comment

• Well dinner was awesome. NY Strip cooked over mesquite coals, with a giant mixed green salad. Later I have some 90% chocolate waiting for me.

Tomorrow is a workout day. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I want to do something so brutal it will be banned in most countries for violating the Geneva Convention or something. Maybe a bad-ass circuit or multiple back to back Tabatas(who knows, maybe both). Hmmm....so many choices.

Comment

• Finished todays workout. It was done in a fasted state(well, with the exception of some coffee this morning). I'll just call this Tabata Workout #1:

Burpees Tabata

2 min rest

Sledgehammer Tabata

2 min rest

Kettlebell Snatch Tabata

2 min rest

Kettlebell Swing Tabata

2 min rest

Kettlebell Clean Tabata

2 min rest

Bulgarian Bag Clean to a Front Squat

Its a good thing I was fasted because I would have puked otherwise. Just took a cold shower to cool off and getting ready to eat some lunch.

Comment

• Damn! You crazy, sir.

I've been doing my modified Spartacus circuit and it's been intense. I like how it's mixed cardio, strength and endurance... exactly what I need!
                          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Dammit!!! I had almost forgoten I wanted to start putting the sSpartacus stuff in there. That's also what I like about doing the multiple Tabatas. You are working the strength side of things with the weight, but you are getting a killer endurance/cardio part to it also. I need to go back and refresh myself with Spartacus. I may need to do some improvising or modifications to work with what weights I have. I should look into some cheap dumbells. Can't hurt to have a few around. What weight would you recommend for that circuit?

Comment

• You could probably use 15 or 20 lb dumbbells without much issue. I use 10 lb and still can't do full station times (modified at 40 sec and not 60!) for the rows and presses. The jump splits/lunge jumps? Fo'getabou'it. I die after 15 seconds.

So yeah. I'd go with 20 lb for you. I'm not as focused on strength stuff as you are, so 10 lb is good for me. I'm trying to keep my body happy with how it seems to want to develop in composition, which is to say more of a lean build vs muscular build.
                              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• I am definitely feeling the affects of yesterdays workout. But it's that sweet soreness that I like. I have no idea if it was a good workout by professional standards or not. All I know is it challenged me and made me push myself. So suck on that Crossfit, who needs you!(just kidding to all those who love Crossfit). One day I hope to educate myself on these things, but until then I will just keep doing what I'm doing and try to find what works.

Work tonight. It's only an 8 hour shift, so no big deal. It's amazing what a difference those 4 hours make between an 8 and a 12 hour shift. This is my short week too, so just today, Friday, and Saturday, and then off again. I'll be home tonight at 3am, and then workout time when I get up. As is normal for me, I have no clue what I'm going to do yet.

So I'm playing with the kids today, and we are pretending to be camping in the living room. My daughter has a tent set up and all her stuffed animal set up around the camp fire. She then tell me she is going to make the food on the fire. She then proceeds to trap one of her stuffed rabbits and cook it. Yep, that's my girl.

Comment

Working...
                                X