Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climbing gym?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Had a good days sleep and woke up around 12:30. For breakfast I chopped up some bacon with some diced onions and mixed with some scrambled eggs. Oh yeah, and 2 giant cups of coffee with heavy cream. For dinner I cooked some delmonico steaks in the skillet in lard. I also cooked up a couple of andouille sausages, and a mixed green salad.

The fun with the family turned out to be family day in the backyard. It was as fun as going somewhere else and a lot cheaper.

Todays workout:

2 Tabatas of kettlebell snatches
      1 Tabata of kettlebell swings
      Push-ups- 20, 17, 12, 10
      Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10
      Kettlebell cleans into a front squat, 3 sets of 8
      20 Turkish Get-ups, 10 left 10 right

I had a very proud moment during the workout. I was on the patio while the kids played in the backyard with my wife. My oldest daughter told me to look because she and her sister were exercizing too. They were running around, doing push-ups, and my oldest even started doing burpees. My kids are learning something from me. I'm just glad they are learning this and not remembering the bad lifestyle lessons I used to teach.

Oh yeah, and the wife was making her comments about liking to watch me workout. That wasn't too bad either.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
        I had a very proud moment during the workout. I was on the patio while the kids played in the backyard with my wife. My oldest daughter told me to look because she and her sister were exercizing too. They were running around, doing push-ups, and my oldest even started doing burpees. My kids are learning something from me. I'm just glad they are learning this and not remembering the bad lifestyle lessons I used to teach.
        Awesome! Hurray for being a positive role-model!

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
        Oh yeah, and the wife was making her comments about liking to watch me workout. That wasn't too bad either.
        Even awesome'er!

bow-chicka-wow-wow!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Woke up a little tired this morning. I think I stayed up too late watching Game of Thrones, but I'm addicted to that damn show. I will need to find the books.

For breakfast a took some sage sausage and mixed with some diced onions, then threw 3 scrambled eggs in. Topped it with some roasted garlic salsa. Very good. The coffe goes without saying. Having to say I drank coffee is like saying I plan on breathing today.

I have a BBQ brisket in the crockpot for tonight.

Today is the day I plan on making my Bulgarian bag. Hopefully I can find an innertube to do it. I hate when I can't find things and have to get them online. That will delay me for like a week and it fucking annoys me. I like to do things when I want to do them.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Your food talk is making me damn hungry! Stop talking/writing about such things as BBQ brisket! My mouth is watering just thinking about it...
            If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
            James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

• If just the thought of it makes your mouth water then it's a good thing your not in my house. It smells AWESOME in here!

Comment

• I haven't drank any coffee for 2 days straight and I miss it. Oh well, will have my fill of it tomorrow morning.
                Georgette

Comment

• I'm having a pork chop + baco-chard for supper. I can't stop snacking on garlic-stuffed green olives, though. Christ those are good.

Comment

• Here's the new Bulgarian bag. It's 50 lbs, and as its turns out that is pretty damn heavy for one of these.

Who needs a gym.

And the pull-up bar

Last edited by skink531; 05-16-2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Wow! Nice gear, man. That Bulgarian bag came out really well!

Comment

• Did plenty of moving at a slow pace today. Trips to home depot picking up decoritive rocks and sand for landscaping. So moving and carrying heavy things at a slow pace. Later we took the kids to the park. It was a good day. Oh, in case you've ever wondered, Home Depot employees will give you a mix of dirty and confused looks when you run down the isles pushing a racing car shopping cart with a small child in it. Oh well, no one told me to stop so I didn't.

The brisket turned out excellent. Had that with a giant salad. Getting ready now to enjoy some 90% dark chocolate.

Got the bulgarian bag done, and like I said it is about 50#. It will be good for some things, but I think I will go back tomorow and make another one a little lighter to do other things. Considering it only costs around $17 to make, it won't be that bad. I saw one online for around $215!!! Are fucking kidding me? So there's is leather and has a couple extra handles, it ain't worth an extra $200.

Comment

• Wow!!! I need to make one of those now! That's a damn nice set of equipment you have there!
                          Georgette

Comment

• Woke up this morning and made some scrmbled eggs with seage sausage topped with roasted garlic salsa(I love this stuff). My wife has also found a way to benefit from the PB. As I'm sitting on the couch drinking coffee she says "do you want to make me an omlette?" Well of course my answer was "not really". Here response was how could I expect her to stick to this way of eating if I won't help her. Touche. Needless to say I got my ass off the couch and made her an omlette with sauteed onions and mushrooms, and added a little fresh mozzerella. I spent more time on her breakfast than I did on my own.

After breakfast I her my youngest yelling "daddy look at me". She has her feet on the book shelf and is stretched out with her hands on the couch, making a little human bridge. As impressed as I am with her physical ability, I tell her to get down 'cuz we don't want booboos.

We'll be of to the store I a little while. I think I will make the slightly lighter bulgarian bag today. I will want a lighter one for more endurance type work.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                              After breakfast I her my youngest yelling "daddy look at me". She has her feet on the book shelf and is stretched out with her hands on the couch, making a little human bridge. As impressed as I am with her physical ability, I tell her to get down 'cuz we don't want booboos.
                              Hahaha! That makes for such a great mental image.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                Hahaha! That makes for such a great mental image.
                                Yep.. it was one of those times you wish you had your camera with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X