Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nachobrawler View Post
    Good stuff, Skink. Wifey and I have touched on it in all of our discussions. I got one in last night that sunk home. I told her body fat loss is primarily a hormonal activity and eating a high carb, CW diet will stimulate the body fat storing hormonal pathways- not fat loss. She of course, had never heard or looked at it from that perspective. And she didnt respond.

Score! Me....

Slowly, like a glacier, she is coming around....I can feel it...
    Booyah!! Sorry had to do that for you.
    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by nachobrawler View Post
      Good stuff, Skink. Wifey and I have touched on it in all of our discussions. I got one in last night that sunk home. I told her body fat loss is primarily a hormonal activity and eating a high carb, CW diet will stimulate the body fat storing hormonal pathways- not fat loss. She of course, had never heard or looked at it from that perspective. And she didnt respond.

Score! Me....

Slowly, like a glacier, she is coming around....I can feel it...
      Good to here it Nacho. Just a matter of time.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Todays workout:

Did the things in the video that look like a burpee followed by a clean and press, 5 sets of 8
        Chin-ups, 4 sets of 6
        Push-ups, 3 sets to failure, 1 set on the knees to failure
        Front Squates, 5 sets of 8
        Turkish Get-ups, 20(10 each side)

Felt pretty good. It's hot as balls out today, so I was sweating like a motherfucker out there. In a little while I'll be getting me a big bowl of leftover chili.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• What weight are you using for the Turkish Get-ups?
          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
            What weight are you using for the Turkish Get-ups?
            I'm using a 35# kettlebell. It may not sound like much, but it gets the job done.

Comment

• Damn, man. That'd definitely get the job done!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Let me just say that leftover chili tastes better than the first day I made it. I ate more than I should have, but it tasted so damn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                  Let me just say that leftover chili tastes better than the first day I made it. I ate more than I should have, but it tasted so damn good.
                  If its the recipe I'm thinking of, I've made that before and added some extra heat. I may make it this weekend and freeze it.
                  Georgette

Comment

• Its the recipe from the PB Cookbook for bison chili, I just used beef instead of bison. Definitely need to spice it up. The way it is in the book is pretty bland. I guess they have to do that so everyone can eat it. You can always add heat, but you can't take it away.

Comment

• I like the heat lol.
                      Georgette

Comment

• I need to make a Bulgarian bag.

Comment

• Should be able to make one of those pretty easily, though. If not, just tear the stomach(s) out of a cow with your bare hands and swing it around a bit.

Comment

• I figure I just need an old innertube, some duck tape, and something heavy to fill it with.

Patrick, i think you mentioned something like this once. i don't think I'm ready for this yet.

Comment

• Yup! That's what Erwan Le Corre was doing during an interview. Here's Part 1 of that interview. At about 55 sec, they start showing him doing stuff while he's chatting. At 6:17, he starts to do those Turkish Get-ups with the tree. There's another spot where he does one-handed lifts with the tree, both hands, then does plyometric push-ups where he's jumping over it on the ground.

This guy's gotta be my ideal human being, at least in terms of fitness. I'm a huge fan, and I'm gunna do my damnedest to be able to register for the 7-day Thailand course in Nov 2012.

Last edited by Patrick; 05-12-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Today's food - Breakfast was 3 eggs scrambled with ground sausage, 3 cups of coffee with heavy cream. I had lunch again today. Why am I hungry mid day all of a sudden. Growing boy I guess. Had a big salad of mixed green, cucumber, green onions, and tomato with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Later today I will finish off the chili for dinner.

Tonight I am back to work. Just a 8 hour night, so home at 3am.

Comment

Working...
                                X