• Show
Clear All

• Today's Workout:

KB Clean and press, 3 x 10
    Chin-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats 3 x 12
    See-Saw press, 3 x 10
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Doing chin-ups on rings is kind of awkward. Your arms want to rotate in and you have to work hard to keep your palms facing the right direction. The workout started out sluggish, but I felt good once I got started. I still cut it a little short. No reason other than I was getting hungry.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• If you can, Dave, lower your rings until they're a few inches off the ground, and hold onto them to do pushups. That's freaking hard, too!

Comment

• Today's workout:

5 rounds of 10 swings, 10 goblet squats, 5 see-saw press, 5 pull-up/chin-up(alternating), 5 push-ups.
        1 minute rest
        3 rounds of 10 swings, 5 lunges each side, 5 see-saw press, 5 pull-ups/chin-ups, 5 push-ups.

I had been feeling tired today(and even had to take a short nap earlier in the afternoon), but I made myself get out there. Felt good once I got started. It is a day like this that it would be nice to have a workout partner or belong to a crossfit gym. The final 3 round set was supposed to be another 5 rounds, but I wasn't feeling it. It would have been good to have some extra support around to keep me motivated at the end.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        If you can, Dave, lower your rings until they're a few inches off the ground, and hold onto them to do pushups. That's freaking hard, too!
        You know, that was the plan when I bought them. The problem is that I am lazy, and didn't want to adjust them up and down every day. I should start doing dips in them too, as well as the push-ups.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 3 x 10
          Pull-ups, 3 x 10
          Goblet squats, 3 x 12
          Body rows, 3 x 10
          Swings, 1 x 50

Felt good once I got started, but getting started was a chore. It had been one of those days at work. Reminded me all the more of why I hate it there. That, and my phone said it was 60 degrees(and a little colder where I was in the shade), so maybe that's why it was hard to get started. Kettlebell handles get cold.

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 3 x 10
            Pull-ups, 3 x 10
            Goblet squats, 3 x 12
            See-saw press, 3 x 10

Quick but effective. Went pretty hard and fast, and kept the intensity high.

On the career front, things are looking up. Got a couple of things coming up on some job prospects. Yesterday was a career fair and did some networking. Got a call back today and an interview set for Tuesday. We'll see how it goes. It would definitely alleviate some of the stress in our lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
              On the career front, things are looking up. Got a couple of things coming up on some job prospects. Yesterday was a career fair and did some networking. Got a call back today and an interview set for Tuesday. We'll see how it goes. It would definitely alleviate some of the stress in our lives.
              I'm sending good karma vibes your way! I hope things work out!

Comment

• Hoping for a positive job change soon.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 1 x 10 each side
                  Pull-ups, 2 x 10
                  Renegade rows, 1 x 10 each side
                  Swings, 2 x 20

Not much today, but it was all I wanted. I probably could have used a day off, but wanted to go out and just get the blood flowing a little. Not that I was looking to be a couch potato all day. I did spend a couple of hours hiking(once with the dog and another time with the kids). Just having a little stress issues today, so I wasn't looking to do too much.

Comment

Working...
                  X