• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 12
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    5 rounds as fast as possible of 20 swings and 10 push-ups.

Wow...the swings and push-up combo at the end kicked my ass. Good time though. I'm feeling a lot better now that I'm back into the routine of it. Soon I'll drag the big sand bag out and really pick things up.

Thanks for the well wishes from everyone. I know something good will come along.

And Patrick, I guess I forgive you this time. i remember that rain you would have had to ride through. i bet it was a bitch. I guess I can forgive you not stopping.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Rain schmain. I only died like twice!
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 3 x 10 each side.
        Pull-ups, 3 x 10
        Cement block thrusters, 3 x 12
        body rows, 3 x 10
        3 rounds as fast as possible of 20 swings and 10 push-ups.

Lucky I got this in. It had been raining all day and thought I would have to make up something in the house. The rain did break and I went out. Ground was just dry enough to not slip and bust my ass. I was going to make it longer and do 5 rounds of the swings and push-ups, but they were kicking my ass today. I wanted to work in some walking lunges, but I think it was a little too wet out. Besides, I had chicken thighs in the crockpot that were calling out to me.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

- 6 rounds as fast as possible -
          10 swings, 10 cement block thrusters, 5 pull-ups, 5 push-ups.

Had limited time, so it had to be fast. Had to get the workout in, eat dinner, and then head to soccer practice. This was pretty good, though. The thrusters immediately after the swings turned out to be a bitch.

Comment

• Thrusters are always a bitch, no matter what you've done right before them!

Comment

• Today Workout:

8 rounds as fast as possible -
              10 swings
              10 cement block thrusters
              5 pull-ups/body rows
              5 push-ups

Basically the same workout as the other day with 2 more rounds added. Also, alternated between pull-ups and body rows each round. Pace was real fast...I even impressed myself. I thought I had to do a fast workout to go to soccer practice, but after I came in and got a shower I was told it was cancelled. Not that I mind, it was a good workout. But I would like to do a longer one and get the big sand bag out for some heavier stuff.

Goldie, I'm glad it's not just me. I have mixed emotions about thrusters. I hate them and love them at the same time. i have the same feelings about burpees, but it's even more intense.

Comment

• I also have a love-hate relationship with thrusters.

I like burpees, though.

Yes, I know. I'm warped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  I like burpees, though.

Yes, I know. I'm warped.
                  "She's a witch!"
                  August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                    "She's a witch!"
                    Are you sure? Does she weigh as much as a duck?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Today's workout:

50 yard sandbag carry
                      sandbag cleans 3 x 8
                      12 see-saw press, 10 pull-ups x 3
                      Bear-hug squats 3 x 10
                      50 yard sandbag drag

Got the big bag out today, so felt good about that. The sandbag carry and sandbag drag were really just getting the bag out of the garage and putting it back. The drag might have been the toughest part though.

So got annoyed tonight. Seems like my father-in-law has this comment at least once every couple of months, "Your not really going to eat all that, are you?" My answer: Yes. Yes I am. I'm done pointing out that i eat twice, sometimes just once, a day. His normal eating schedule is morning snack, breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack. So please continue having your shitty, never feel satisfied, 7 meals a day, and will have my feast that keeps me satisfied for the next 16-18 hours. Oh...just FYI, it was a big bowl of chili and rice I was having post-workout for dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                        Are you sure? Does she weigh as much as a duck?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB Clean and Press, 3 x 10
                          Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                          Goblet squats, 3 x 12
                          Body rows, 3 x 10
                          Swings, 40-30-20

Felt good today. I wanted to do it yesterday, but had too much stuff going on. I'll try to get another in on saturday if it's possible. Saturday is soccer day for both girls. Oldest's team is 2-0 so far. Youngest is learning well. In her age group they don't really keep score yet. Hell, your doing good if you get them to run in the right direction. Did I mention I got roped into being an assistant coach for the little ones? They are mostly 4 and 5, with a few 6 year olds..."Herding Cats" is the only term that comes to mind.

Still on the job hunt. Getting a little tired of the term "Over Qualified", especially when the job that I'm over qualified for pays more than my current job that requires a 4 year degree. And another thing, what the fuck is up with the on-line applications that ask you to up-load you resume and then ask you to spend the next half hour typing in all the same fucking information that is in the resume you just up-loaded?

Doc, thanks for the clip. I love that movie. I may have to go and get my Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                            "She's a witch!"
                            Watch out or I'll turn you into a newt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              Watch out or I'll turn you into a newt!
                              He'll get better.....

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 3 x 10
                                Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                                Goblet Squats, 3 x 10
                                7 rounds of 10 swings and 5 push-ups, no stopping.

The plan was originally to do this yesterday, but we were too busy. Not enough hours in the day sometimes. I had planned to do 10 rounds of the swings and push-ups, but after 7 it felt like I was stabbed in the side with a spear....non-stop is a bitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X