Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah geez Dave... You missed my hitting 199 and the requisite pics.

    Too late. Now I am up 5 lbs due to a family reunion.

    Glad the shoulder is not permanently damaged.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Yeah geez Dave... You missed my hitting 199 and the requisite pics.

      Too late. Now I am up 5 lbs due to a family reunion.

      Glad the shoulder is not permanently damaged.

      i missed pics!!! Ahhhhhh

      serves me right for my AWOL time.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

      "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

      Comment


      • Whatever you do, stay out of the rest of the forum! Just hang out here in Journals, it's toxic out there!

        I made my own stand-up workstation. My monitors were already on movable arms and I can raise them. I made a podium out of a piece of 1' x 4' and I bought an inexpensive anti-fatigue standing mat. I'd prefer one of those desk treadmills, but there's no way I'm gonna buy one for work!

        I'll try to get a pic of my set-up next week and post it here for you.

        The PT exercises should help with the impingement. Strengthens the muscles so the arm raises without that acromion scraping the stuff underneath. My PT explained the whole thing with a life-size model of the shoulder bones and connective tissues. The shoulder is a weird joint!

        The new/revisitied plan sounds good, go with it!

        Comment


        • Page 1049 Post 10481

          Wouldn't want you to miss it. Yes, I am vain like that. Lol
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

          Comment


          • I'll be sure to check them out P.

            Here's what I have going on right now.



            Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            My blog: My Primal Adventure

            "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              Whatever you do, stay out of the rest of the forum! Just hang out here in Journals, it's toxic out there!

              I made my own stand-up workstation. My monitors were already on movable arms and I can raise them. I made a podium out of a piece of 1' x 4' and I bought an inexpensive anti-fatigue standing mat. I'd prefer one of those desk treadmills, but there's no way I'm gonna buy one for work!

              I'll try to get a pic of my set-up next week and post it here for you.

              The PT exercises should help with the impingement. Strengthens the muscles so the arm raises without that acromion scraping the stuff underneath. My PT explained the whole thing with a life-size model of the shoulder bones and connective tissues. The shoulder is a weird joint!

              The new/revisitied plan sounds good, go with it!
              I have my own standup desk too - I just put a file box on my desk and set the laptop on top of that. Easy peasy. I'm too lazy to use it on a regular basis, but it is perfectly usable.


              Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

              Comment


              • Shoulder is a little sore today. Spent a couple of hours playing in the pool with the kids. i may have over done throwing my oldest in the water, but she loves it. I put some stuff my mom sent me on it. She says the people in her gym swear by it. Since I've decided to the the more natural route for anti-inflammatories I hope it works. So far it's just the fish oil and curcumin. If anyone knows of anything else that is effective, let me know.

                Goldie...not to worry, I never read anything in the forums and haven't for a very long time. But here's my question for you, where is your journal? Time to give us another safe port in the stormy seas of MDA forum.

                Pebbles...I checked out your photos, very nice(and I mean that in a totally non creepy-pervert way .)

                Meepster, I wish I could just set my laptop on some boxes. That was my original plan, but they made us set up these giant dual screens that take up the entire desk.

                Here's a picture my youngest drew for me. It's me riding a dragon, and me and the dragon are flying kites. That totally happened, by the way.

                My blog: My Primal Adventure

                "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                  Goldie...not to worry, I never read anything in the forums and haven't for a very long time. But here's my question for you, where is your journal? Time to give us another safe port in the stormy seas of MDA forum.
                  Heh, if I wrote a journal, you could use it to put yourself to sleep at night. I have a boring life... I stick to paleo about 98% of the time, work out regularly, manage stress fairly well, sleep pretty good, and play... that's about it! I have no desire to share my bodily functions with the rest of the world, and I get tired of the Crossfit haters so I wouldn't post my workouts.

                  So there you have it. Boring!

                  Comment


                  • Wow. That picture is wonderful. Lots of Daddy love there.

                    Thank You for checking out my pics.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                    Comment


                    • I can totally see you flying a kite while riding a dragon.

                      My standing workstation:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                        I can totally see you flying a kite while riding a dragon.

                        My standing workstation:

                        nice concept... but being the lazy SOB I am, I like being able to put my feet up on the desk..... lol and on the shift I work, it's an easy feet to do!

                        Comment


                        • That set up would be perfect, but I would have to get the state to spring for those monitor mounting arms you have. Getting them to spend a dime on anything is rough. They even stopped providing us a water cooler. they said there is a sink in the break room and that is good enough.

                          And Goldie, for the record, what you call a boring life is what I would call a success story. What you described is what everyone coming to MDA is trying to achieve. You should start a journal just to give lessons. Oh...and I definitely don't hate crossfit. I'm not a fan of kipping or over the head swings, but I think crossfit itself is awesome. I wish I could find a good one in my area.

                          And Doc, I'd kick my feet up on the desk if I thought I could get away with it.
                          My blog: My Primal Adventure

                          "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

                          Comment


                          • Dave, I know that *you* don't hate Crossfit! But there are a group of MDA'ers who go out of their way to post anti-Crossfit rants, links to anti-Crossfit articles and fail videos, and jump on any thread about Crossfit to tell us how bad/dangerous/anti-fitness our workouts are. I don't need negativity in my life, so I just don't share my Crossfit fun here.

                            I'll post my today's journal entry here:

                            Before work: Walked one hour around the duck pond on base. Saw the Mallard family; no pelican today.
                            Breakfast: Leftover herbed chicken cooked in ghee and a bunch of sliced up sweet peppers.
                            Lunch: Leftover tacos (recipe from one of Mark's Saturday blog posts) with fresh blueberries in organic plain yogurt, and 1/2 oz. dark chocolate.
                            Work: Got stuff done. Going out of town on business next week. Going on the trip with my favorite co-workers.
                            After work: Rowed 2000m then did 5x5 back squats.
                            Dinner: Grass-fed hamburgers and baked sweet potato. Discussed various interesting topics with Sweetie. Had two medjool dates for dessert.
                            Now: Checked email, Facebook, and the MDA journals I follow. Sweetie and I will play with the Goldens in a few minutes.
                            Before bed: Will take a shower and read a book for 15-20 minutes. In bed in time to get 8 hours sleep.

                            See? Boring!

                            Comment


                            • There seems to be new CrossFit boxes popping up everywhere around central Ohio. They are almost as common as Starbucks.
                              Georgette

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                                And Goldie, for the record, what you call a boring life is what I would call a success story.
                                Exactly!

                                Dave, that picture of you is fantastic! Kids draw the best things. Sorry I haven't been responding much. Lots going on here, and I have NOT been Primal/paleo in the last while. I'll try to drop by more often!
                                August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

                                I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X