No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave, Dd posted a pic of his boxer clad butt on the booty builder's thread.

Thanks for the cookie tip Goldie.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      Just plain macadamias are crack to me! I call them crackadamia nuts...

I usually only make paleo cookies for special occasions. Christmas, birthdays, a pot-luck at work to prove to coworkers that paleo doesn't have to be totally restrictive.

The best recipes I've found for paleo/primal cookies are by George Bryant, Civilized Caveman Cooking. My extremely SAD coworkers say "are you SURE this is gluten free?" while nom-ing down on them!
      I've heard of his site, but haven't checked out yet. It will be on my list. It would be nice to have a few options for a "carb refeed".

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Dave, Dd posted a pic of his boxer clad butt on the booty builder's thread.

Thanks for the cookie tip Goldie.
      There was a butt thread? And I missed it!!! That's what I get for being antisocial in the rest of the forum.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Today's workout(see...I am doing the regular again):

15 minutes AMRAP

5 swings
      5 goblet squats
      5 push-ups
      5 pull-ups

Not exactly setting a world record pace, but a "hard workout" is a subjective thing. Today this was a good for me for where a am right now. When the timer said 3 minutes remaining I felt like I was going to puke a little, so I guess that means i went hard enough.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• For the record, I did not eat my body weight in Easter candy today. I did, however, give my best attempt. Breakfast was good with 3 strips of bacon, 1 blue egg, 1 green egg, and 1 orange egg. Lunch/early dinner was ham and mashed potatoes, so good there. The jelly beans and peanut butter filled chocolate eggs(approximately 132 lbs worth), maybe not the best choice. Tomorrow is another day. Good food and good workout planned.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• ROFL I guess there's benefits to being Buddhist. Nary a chocolate egg was in our house this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            ROFL I guess there's benefits to being Buddhist. Nary a chocolate egg was in our house this year!
            Nor mine..... though a chocolate bunny or two was seen.... none consumed..... carrot cake with cream cheese icing... entirely different story....

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
              There was a butt thread? And I missed it!!! That's what I get for being antisocial in the rest of the forum.
              __________________________________________________ _________________

Today's workout(see...I am doing the regular again):

15 minutes AMRAP

5 swings
              5 goblet squats
              5 push-ups
              5 pull-ups

Not exactly setting a world record pace, but a "hard workout" is a subjective thing. Today this was a good for me for where a am right now. When the timer said 3 minutes remaining I felt like I was going to puke a little, so I guess that means i went hard enough.
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100567.html There you go squire, liking that workout!

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              ROFL I guess there's benefits to being Buddhist. Nary a chocolate egg was in our house this year!
              Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              Nor mine..... though a chocolate bunny or two was seen.... none consumed..... carrot cake with cream cheese icing... entirely different story....
              And nor mine, no chocolate crossed my threshold, a mixed grill curry with a cauliflower bhaji starter might have though....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Um DD, we have seen your ass...not lacking in any way.
                Off to find thread with DD's ass, back later -
                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'm glad everyone else was able to stay full primal during the holidays. I'm afraid converting to Buddhism wouldn't help me much, I'll never let go of my belief in an anthropomorphic bunny that craps colored eggs and hands out chocolate statues of himself. It's bad enough I had to abandon my faith in the Flying Spaghetti Monster due to a gluten intolerance.

It would appear that DD's backside is a popular thing around here. Now that I have the link I will check it out. The thread that is...not DD's ass(Don't judge me!).

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Today's workout:

Double KB clean and press, 3 x 12
                  Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                  Goblet squats, 3 x 12
                  Push-ups x 40
                  Body rows, 3 x 10

Felt ok today. I fasted all day(with the exception of A.M. coffee) to help clear the crap from my system. I felt good about the pace I kept, especially considering the massive food hangover I've had all day. I'm feeling good over all though, and will ramp the workouts up a little next week.

Comment

• And it's on page 24.
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Today's workout:

Single KB snatches, ladders each side of 15,12,9,6,3
                      Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                      Double KB clean and press, 4 x 10
                      Body rows
                      KB swings x 40

Felt good again today. I think I will be ready to ramp things up more next week. I will slowly ramp thing up each week until I reach Beast Mode.

So, yesterday I had to go to conference. Everyone told me that yes it is boring, but they do feed you. I assumed the worst, and figured there would be nothing for me. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes it was boring, but the food was decent. I loaded up on salad and grilled chicken breast. After loading my plate I turned and looked at the people behind me and asked "Oh, did you want chicken too?" To bad, fools...suck it.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                        "Oh, did you want chicken too?"
                        ROFL!

I went to a coworker's retirement lunch yesterday. Luckily, it was a place with a decent salad bar... and grilled chicken wings!

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB snatch 2 x 20 each side
                          pull-ups, 3 x 10
                          KB swings, 2 x 20
                          Body rows, 2 x 10
                          30 second rest between all

I was in hurry today, so I did a quick one. I was going to a BBQ at a friends house. The food was mostly primal, but desert was enjoyed. No gluten, but plenty of sugar.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata snatches x 2 (1 minute rest between)
                            Double KB clean and press
                            Pull-ups 2 x 10

I had a lot more planned, but had to cut it short. I was noticing some tightness and cramping in the low back. Part of me wanted to just keep motoring through and make myself finish the workout. But another part of me(the non-retarded part) decided it isn't worth hurting myself over. I'm thinking still too little water and maybe not enough sodium in my diet.

Listening to people at work talk about all there ailments is driving me crazy. These people need some paleo, and quick. I'm sure I'll rant more on this another day. Like the diabetic co-worker talking about all the bad numbers at the last doctor's appointment while shoveling cake into her mouth.

Comment

• I can commiserate about unhealthy coworkers. I have one who gets winded walking down the hall. Another was saying that her doctor was pleased that she got her A1c down to 7.9... and she is diabetic taking meds for it and is at least 100 pounds overweight. WTF? I think she must have misunderstood what her doc said. 7.9 is NOT good.

Good for you to listen to your non-retarded part! I learned a while ago to be sure to drink enough and salt my food. My Sweetie came over to the dark side (primal) about six months ago, and only in the past few weeks has he listened to me and been drinking more water and salting his food. Guess what? No more midnight leg cramps! (Gee, maybe I do know something after all!)

Comment

• That reminds me of when the cake-shoveling co-worker was bragging about having taken the stairs one morning, and was huffing and puffing. We're only on the second floor.

I haven't been using that much salt lately and it shows.

Glad your husband has seen the light. My wife has seen the light, but is still not on the path. Thinks she doesn't have the will power. Frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                                X