Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
    What the fuck is up with the jean manufacturers? Apparently they now only design jeans for men with no ass and toothpick legs. I have yet to find a pair that fit.
    It's the same for us gals, kinda. We're stuck with either "skinny" jeans that only fit if you're six feet tall and weigh under 100 pounds, or "boyfriend" jeans that... yeah, look like they'd fit better on your boyfriend. I've worn blankets that fit better than "boyfriend" jeans.

Hmm... maybe you should try women's "boyfriend" jeans!

hahahaHAHahaha...

Nevermind.

Have you tried old school Wranglers?

Comment

• My husband still swears by Levi 501 button fly.

Good to hear from you.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        It's the same for us gals, kinda. We're stuck with either "skinny" jeans that only fit if you're six feet tall and weigh under 100 pounds, or "boyfriend" jeans that... yeah, look like they'd fit better on your boyfriend. I've worn blankets that fit better than "boyfriend" jeans.

Hmm... maybe you should try women's "boyfriend" jeans!

hahahaHAHahaha...

Nevermind.

Have you tried old school Wranglers?
        HAHA...yeah...did I mention that I live in a small town in West Virginia, and I'm already considered to be weird? I can only imagine how shopping in the women's section would go over.

I've looked at all brands, including wrangler.The problem is shopping is limited in my area. When you look in walmart, you are lucky to find anything smaller than a 38 waist. To be fair to them, those are the most common sizes the sell. If I go to the shitty mall near by it's just all those skinny pieces of shit. It sucks that I have to drive in to Pittsburgh to get anything. I will be looking forward to the day you can 3D print jeans in your own home.

Never did do any kettlebells today. It was too nice a day, so we spent the afternoon in the park. It was fun, and we were plenty active. Hopefully the rain holds off long enough tomorrow to do it. Oh...and i heard we may get snow again Tuesday. And after getting to wear shorts and a t-shirt today.
        My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          My husband still swears by Levi 501 button fly.

Good to hear from you.
          Those would be great if I could find them, but it is slim pickin's.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Online shopping?
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

Those would be great if I could find them, but it is slim pickin's.

Any "farm stores" in your area? They generally carry all styles, makes, sizes in jeans.

Comment

• Carhart jeans are pretty good, and durable. Their carpenter pants fit nice and loose, which I prefer... not a big fan of tight fitting pants.

Comment

• I used to buy 34 inch jeans and pull them in with a belt for the lack of ass and leg reason, have found that Costco own brand jeans are quite generous in there dimensions!

Comment

• Um DD, we have seen your ass...not lacking in any way.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Um DD, we have seen your ass...not lacking in any way.
                      Why thank you kind lady, compliments will get you everywhere!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                        Why thank you kind lady, compliments will get you everywhere!
                        Hmmmm. Maybe a visit to Bristol is in my future.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Online shopping?
                          Online shopping for jeans scares me. I've never tried on 2 pairs of jeans that fit the same. I'd be afraid of what I'd get.

Originally posted by Shelli View Post
                          Any "farm stores" in your area? They generally carry all styles, makes, sizes in jeans.
                          When I lived in Florida we had some feed and western wear stores that always had a wide variety, but nothing up here. You'd think with farms near by there would be, but no. Walmart is the big draw in this area.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          Carhart jeans are pretty good, and durable. Their carpenter pants fit nice and loose, which I prefer... not a big fan of tight fitting pants.
                          Carhart jeans are god, but nothing close by. I would have to go online or take an hour or so drive to the Cabela's store.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                          I used to buy 34 inch jeans and pull them in with a belt for the lack of ass and leg reason, have found that Costco own brand jeans are quite generous in there dimensions!
                          That's what I do now. Thank god for belts!

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          Um DD, we have seen your ass...not lacking in any way.
                          Not sure I want to know just how you have seen his ass. i didn't think MDA allowed those types of pics.
                          __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Today's workout:

Double kettlebell clean and jerk, 1 x 15
                          Pull-ups, 2 x 10
                          Body rows, 1 x 10

Very short workout. The plan was to ease my way back into the routine so I don't wind up doing more damage than good. As soon as I got started I didn't feel good at all. After the first set of kettlebells I was feeling some cramping in my legs. I knew the culprit right away. 1st, not enough warm up. I was still cold and stiff. 2nd, and maybe more responsible, dehydration. Before I even went out there I was thinking that I haven't drank very much water all day. At least I have identified the problems and know how to correct it. Another important thing is that the seal has been broken. The workout, as pitiful as it was, was still something. Once I get started I have a much easier time keeping the momentum going.

So here is some free advice: If you ever have to call Microsoft for tech support, just throw your computer away and buy a new one. The other night I spent an hour and half on the phone with seven different people, only for them to tell me a "Level 2 Technician" would have to call me the next day. It would appear that "Level 2 Technician" is code for "Has a grasp of the English language." It's amazing how when they understand you things get done quickly.

Comment

So here is some free advice: If you ever have to call Microsoft for tech support, just throw your computer away and buy a new one. The other night I spent an hour and half on the phone with seven different people, only for them to tell me a "Level 2 Technician" would have to call me the next day. It would appear that "Level 2 Technician" is code for "Has a grasp of the English language." It's amazing how when they understand you things get done quickly.
                            This is why I buy Apple computers. I have never had to call a technician for help in the 11 years I've owned them (two).

We have PC's with Windows 7 at work. All our geeks know everyone well. I bring them cookies (paleo ones, but they don't know the difference!) We have pot luck lunches together. At least they all speak English!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              I bring them cookies (paleo ones, but they don't know the difference!)
                              You know...I've doing this paleo/primal thing for like over 4 years and I have never had a paleo cookie. I am such a slacker. I'm too lazy to learn to make them. The closest I get is chocolate covered macadamias once in a while. Those things are like crack to me.

Comment

• Just plain macadamias are crack to me! I call them crackadamia nuts...

I usually only make paleo cookies for special occasions. Christmas, birthdays, a pot-luck at work to prove to coworkers that paleo doesn't have to be totally restrictive.

The best recipes I've found for paleo/primal cookies are by George Bryant, Civilized Caveman Cooking. My extremely SAD coworkers say "are you SURE this is gluten free?" while nom-ing down on them!

Comment

Working...
                                X