Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    That pic brings a lump to my throat.... 2 actually.... damn that looks cold...
    I have the right gear for it. Heated ski boots, heated glove liners. If my feet and hands are warm, so is the rest of me!

And the squeaky/crunchy sound of skis over cold snow is like music. The view, the sound, the smell of pines... heaven!

Comment

• Wow..get home from work and find a bunch of new foul mouthed comrades. It's almost like I'm one of the cool kids now.

Today's workout:

Deadlifts 5 x 5 (after 2 warm up sets)
      Goblet squats, 3 x 10

Workout was cut short today. The plan was to also Trap bar deadlifts and KB swings. One of the fitness instructors was having a class in the room I do my stuff in and I got kicked out. Not really safe to do swings out in the main gym area. I can't complain too much. I rather enjoyed watching the instructor doing her exercises. Strictly to monitor her form, I assure you. I was just admiring her posterior chain if you will.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
        It's almost like I'm one of the cool kids now.
        You've always been one of the cool kids! Now others have joined!

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
        I was just admiring her posterior chain if you will.
        Of course.

Comment

• Last day of this fucking training(for this week anyway). The best part is I haven't learned a fucking thing. We were also told that we are the last group that will have to do these long classes. After this most will be moved to online classes and in-office training(something I said they should be doing since day 1). Just imagine how much tax money is being wasted. They have to pay for the hotel, a per diem for my meals, and reimbursing me for the mileage on my car. I understand that this is the government way, but I am also a tax payer and it pisses me off.

I not really feeling in the mood to head to the gym tonight. I think I will do a bunch of push-ups, body weight presses, dips, and planks tonight. I didn't really work my legs that hard last night, so maybe some air squats to top it all off.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Update: I'm seriously considering skipping all forms of exercise, ordering a bunch of chicken wings from the restaurant next door, and watching Netflix all night.

Confession time, I think the training and cold weather got to me the other day. I had to buy a new printer for home. Why, you might ask? It gave me one to many "PC LOAD LETTER" error messages, and I recreated that scene from Office Space. Actually I punched it once, and I didn't think it was even that hard. Apparently it was enough to smash the insides and break the scanner glass. I might need to watch that in the future.

Comment

• Eh sounds like you needed a new one anyway. Relax and go for the wings.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                Wow..get home from work and find a bunch of new foul mouthed comrades. It's almost like I'm one of the cool kids now.

Today's workout:

Deadlifts 5 x 5 (after 2 warm up sets)
                Goblet squats, 3 x 10

Workout was cut short today. The plan was to also Trap bar deadlifts and KB swings. One of the fitness instructors was having a class in the room I do my stuff in and I got kicked out. Not really safe to do swings out in the main gym area. I can't complain too much. I rather enjoyed watching the instructor doing her exercises. Strictly to monitor her form, I assure you. I was just admiring her posterior chain if you will.
                Thanks for the welcome tovarishch....I always say that the eyes need a workout, a much forgotten area....And fair play some of your workouts are brutal!

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                Update: I'm seriously considering skipping all forms of exercise, ordering a bunch of chicken wings from the restaurant next door, and watching Netflix all night.

Confession time, I think the training and cold weather got to me the other day. I had to buy a new printer for home. Why, you might ask? It gave me one to many "PC LOAD LETTER" error messages, and I recreated that scene from Office Space. Actually I punched it once, and I didn't think it was even that hard. Apparently it was enough to smash the insides and break the scanner glass. I might need to watch that in the future.
                I feel like doing that to my work PC on an hourly basis, unfortunately the pain in the arse thing ain't mine to trash....

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Eh sounds like you needed a new one anyway. Relax and go for the wings.
                Hearken to the voice of wisdom....

Comment

• Back home right now. One week of boring ass training left. Just so you understand how boring it is, I'm learning all about the exciting world of Medicaid. I got back on Thursday, but had to turn around and drive down to Charleston yesterday for my interview. I think it went well, but I thought the same thing about the last one. They actually spent more time talking about what the job entails and the perks of the job than they spent asking me questions. But they did make it clear that there is another weeks worth of interviews and only one opening. It would be nice to get it since it would be about a 5k a year bump(not to mention a take home car which wouldn't suck). Anyway...hoping, but not holding my breath.

An observation on the potato starch: the other day I probably doubled the recommended dose, and lets just say that it was good I was alone in a hotel room and not here with the family. Oh...and definitely good thing there were no open flames around, if you catch my drift. So lesson learned - 4 TBSP good, 8 not so much.

It finally warmed up a little. Supposed to get up the the high 40's today. Who would have thought a kid from Florida would be calling 40's a warm up? It has thawed enough that my kettlebells are finally not buried in snow(still to cold to use them out there).

Even the dog seemed surprised to see them.

Comment

• Cute pic. Training sounds awful.

RS...I am having a really hard time with the gas. I am taking 3 tbsp. I started taking it at night only because taking it during the day caused many near embarassing moments. Hard on the ego. I have had the urge to quit, but I really believe in the potential benefits. No cool dreams yet, but deep sleep.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Cute pic. Training sounds awful.

RS...I am having a really hard time with the gas. I am taking 3 tbsp. I started taking it at night only because taking it during the day caused many near embarassing moments. Hard on the ego. I have had the urge to quit, but I really believe in the potential benefits. No cool dreams yet, but deep sleep.
                      I never had a problem with the gas until that 1 time. And like I said, it was my fault for doubling the dose. What I did was start real slow with less than a TBSP to begin with and slowly worked up to the big dose. I think I gave my gut time to adjust.

So today was a real pleasure. This is my last week in the training(Thank Cthulhu). i had the pleasure of driving in a snow storm to get down here. They called to tell us that the class for today was cancelled well after we were past the half way point and were better off just continuing on. Since we are still on the clock we had to go to the training center and pretend to work for the day. It was a bit of a stressful morning, so I am going to skip the workout and just relax. I'll make it up tomorrow and wednesday, and crush it on those days. The good news is that I will be able to get back to a normal routine again after this week. That means normal gym days and normal meal prep. Not that I have been off the rails, but the food choices at times have been trying to pick the best of the bad to get by.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Lat pulls, 3 x 10
                        Dumbbell bench, 2 x 5 - 2 x 8
                        Dumbbell rows, 3 x 10
                        KB overhead press, 4 x 10
                        Reverse grip lat pull, 4 x 10 - 1 x 15
                        Tricep press, 3 x 10

Felt sluggish at first, but it got better. i think all the traveling is just taking it's toll. I'm looking forward to getting back to a normal routine. I'm looking even more to spring and outdoor workouts again.

Has anyone noticed that when people see that you are in to fitness they feel the need to tell you about how "healthy" the are? The instructor in the class was telling me how he hasn't eaten red meat in years to stay healthy. I didn't have the heart to tell him I eat 1 or more pounds of red meat on most days.

Something I saw in the gym today. Now, I'm not the one to say anything about someone's choice in workout footwear. Hell, I'm the guy that was barefoot for the majority of the years and then wears the VFF's most times now. But CROCS? Come on...that's just fucked up.

Comment

• Wait, you mean Crocs are not the height of fashion?

Comment

• Ooooohhhh I'm so disappointed, I had almost enough money saved up for my workout Crocs, and now I hear they're not fashionable?

*le sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              Ooooohhhh I'm so disappointed, I had almost enough money saved up for my workout Crocs, and now I hear they're not fashionable?

*le sigh*

Just use the money to get some heels. I hear they are all the rage for deadlifts these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                Wait, you mean Crocs are not the height of fashion?
                                Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                                Ooooohhhh I'm so disappointed, I had almost enough money saved up for my workout Crocs, and now I hear they're not fashionable?

*le sigh*
                                I don't know shit about fashion, but I'd say there may be a better option out there function wise. Hell, you can get a pair of chucks for 40 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X