No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slices of eggplant also rule! (. . . as long as you generally like eggplant, that is.)
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• I never really had a taste for zucchini or eggplant, but I can see that it would be more of a traditional type crust which is nice. It seem like the zucchini recipes I saw have other stuff mixed in, so I imagine you could mess around with the recipe and make it taste how ever you want.

Last night I broke down and agreed to go to an Italian restaurant with the family. Normally I resist since there aren't usually a lot of options for me and I end up still being hungry after. Last night we went to Buca Di Beppo which was actually a good choice. They have a gluten free menu, and seemed pretty cool about answering questions and catering to requests. I went with a big chopped antipasto salad and the chicken saltambocca(just ask that they don't dust the chicken with flour). The only negative is that they are a bit pricey. Everything is al a carte and in big portions meant for sharing with the table. It won't be a regular place due to the price, but it will be a nice option on occasion.

Potato Starch: I started it a while back, but was very inconsistent up until this past week, so only a very short observation time so far. 1st, (***TMI Alert***) poop is perfect. All those charts that say what a perfect poop looks like is exactly what I have every time regardless of what I at(which hasn't always been the case). I was never a blood sugar tester, so no info there. Here is what I find the real interesting thing so far...DREAMS. I am now a firm believer in the gut-brain connection. The only way to describe it would be that dreams prior were like watching TV on a 19 inch black and white set, and dreams now are like a fucking I-MAX theater. Not only that, but I apparently now have Hollywood screenwriters working in my brain based on the stories and plots going on in there. Also, the dream recall in the morning is amazing. Before I was lucky to remember the basic gist of the dream, but the details were gone. Now it is all there.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• So...on the TMI front...when I read my eye/brain has a tendency to skip - it is like I am reading one line, see another, then go back to what I was reading. Normally that is not an issue until I read this "***TMI Alert*** poop is perfect a 19 inch black and white set." Needless to say I was Oh, right...learn to read Jon, learn to read like normal people.

Comment

• If you ain't shitin' TV's then you ain't right!

Last edited by skink531; 01-19-2014, 08:28 AM.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• ^Ouch.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
              ^Ouch.
              I think as long as you have enough fat in yu diet it should be ok.

I've noticed things can take a weird turn around here real quick. I don't know what is more disturbing. That we started talking about pooping TVs, or that I found a picture of it on the internet in like half a second.

Yesterday's workout:

Sled riding! We had some more snow, so I went out with the kids. It was cold as 10 motherfuckers out there too. I find that going down the hill gives you a god core workout, while the uphill hits the legs(obviously). Had a couple of good wipe-outs where a did a couple of good back flips down the hill. who knew gravity could be so much fun.

Tomorrow I am off again for more out of town training. You know, for all the shit i need to know for this job, I should be making more money.

Comment

• Well, if you can imagine it, then it is on the internet.

Sledding sounds like fun outside of the multiple motherfuckers coldness scale (one I will gladly steal for future use). Good luck on the training.

how I feel about the cold - http://theoatmeal.com/comics/log_out

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  how I feel about the cold - Log out, right now. - The Oatmeal
                  I just now looked at that link. That is funny shit, and yep, that sums it up.

So yesterday I drove down to the training. Somehow I made here in one piece. An amazing fact considering I wad driving in the snow storm from hell, and apparently every snow plow in the state had the day off. No snow today, but it was -9 when I left this morning and I think the high made it all the way to 12. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as cold and another 1-2 inches of snow. I fucking hate winter.

Today's workout:

Back squats
                  deadlifts
                  goblet squats
                  snatches(just one set...I've missed doing them)
                  swings

Good hard workout, but I miss my outdoor backyard gym. still a long time to spring.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Dumbbell bench press
                    Dumbbell rows
                    Kettlebell overhead press
                    Lat pull-downs
                    Tricep extensions
                    Reverse grip lat pulls

I felt a little sluggish in the beginning, but it got better. My first set of the bench press sucked, and it's all the snow fault. Apparently the cracks and crevices of my shoes were packed with snow and ice and kept slowly melting during my workout. When I went to start the bench press my left foot slipped in a small puddle of water from my shoe throwing me off and causing the weight to almost fall out of my hand.

Comment

• When the weather is crappy (snow or rain) I carry my workout shoes into the gym and change there. But then, us folks out west here don't panic when we get a few inches of snow...

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                        When the weather is crappy (snow or rain) I carry my workout shoes into the gym and change there.
                        You know, I do that at home. I guess I'm lazy when travelling.

But then, us folks out west here don't panic when we get a few inches of snow...
                        I'll have you know we are in the ARCTIC VORTEX OF DOOM!!! (formerly known as winter)

Comment

• Today's workout:

walking the dog in the snow. Climbing hills in the snow was actually a pretty good workout. Had a sweat going under all the layers. My dog is like a little kid in the snow. She accidentally found a snow drift that was about as deep as she is. After that she kept wanting to jump head first into the deep snow. Apparently she never gets cold.

Here is a picture out the front door of the driveway.

Comment

• Oh, nice view!

You can send some of that snow out here. We're a bit low for the month...

Comment

• It's a nice view, but sucks to try and get down in the snow. And please, help yourself to all the snow you want. I'm getting impatient for spring.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Dumbbell bench press, 5 x 5
                                Dumbbell rows, 3 x 10
                                Kettlebell overhead press, 3 x 10
                                barbell overhead press, 1 x 15
                                Tricep extensions, 5 x 10
                                Lat pull-down, 3 x 10
                                Reverse grip lat pull-down, 3 x 10

Well...it's fucking cold out. Tonight's low will be -8. Tomorrow will get ALLLLLLLLL the way up to 11, and then back down to -9 at night. I know my Canadian friends are probably thinking "-8? That's sweater weather! Suck it up!"

Back at training again until Thursday. On Friday I go down to Charleston for another interview doing investigations for the state. Fingers are crossed, but not getting my hopes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X