No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given your last few months of workout insanity, we need picture updates, sir.

I love that intra-state agency rule! I think we have something similar within the Canadian federal government re: inter-departmental positions and interviews. I think.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Great motivation. Your discipline is inspiring. I can't wait to get back to my full workout program after my current theater production is over.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yesterdays workout: body weight stuff

5 sets of 10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups, 30 squats. Done as fast as possible.

Time was limited so no gym, but the body weight worked out OK. With the holiday I don't see a gym until next week. I will be back to training class next week. I'm going to try a local gym and see if they will do a pay as you go kind of deal. We'll see how that works out.

Oh....and it looks like we will be having a white thanksgiving this year. Snow is coming down pretty good and is supposed to continue through tomorrow. I've been doing some self experimentation and doing a cyclic low Carb thing with a one day a week re-feed. It goes without saying that I have already planned for thanksgiving to be the Carb day. Many a piece of pie will be eaten.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Random co-worker: so, you have all the stuff on your desk elevated?
          Me: yep...I prefer to work standing up.
          Co-worker: huh...(very puzzled look on her face)
          Me: it's OK if you think I'm weird.
          Co-worker: I didn't say that(embarrassed look on her face).
          Me: but you're thinking it, and that's cool. I don't mind.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• LMAO, that is awesome. Embrace the weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              LMAO, that is awesome. Embrace the weird.
              Can you imagine her reaction if I let her know that instead of eating lunch I just took a walk instead? I think her head would have exploded.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                Can you imagine her reaction if I let her know that instead of eating lunch I just took a walk instead? I think her head would have exploded.
                Tell her! Tell her! Cull the herd!

Comment

And take pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                    And take pictures!
                    You guys are brutal. I'm easing them into the weirdness. When I have achieved my final form it might be too much to handle. It's one of the side affects of my former career. Hopefully the interview next week goes well and I will be heading back to the world I know. But one step at a time.

Monday it's back out of town for training. This time I plan on heading to the grocery store and keeping food in the room with me. I felt kind of shitty after eating out all week. I also found a nearby gym that said I can either do $10 a day to come in or that a 1 or 2 month membership might be cheaper.

Comment

• We had a catered Thanksgiving lunch at work on Tuesday. I ate ham and a little bit of the cranberry sauce (we went with ham instead of turkey because everyone is having turkey on Thursday.) Skipped the mashed potatoes and gravy, skipped the stuffing, skipped the yams in gooey sauce.

The pie was some sort of pumpkin-looking substance, with crust of course. I didn't have any. My coworkers already know I'm weird because I have a kettlebell in my cube, but they were shocked that I didn't eat any pie. "How can you resist pumpkin pie???" Easy... it looked and smelled disgusting. It was probably made of that no-bake Jello stuff Pumpkin Style Pie Filling.

Dave, whenever I go out of town on business, I try to get a hotel room with a kitchenette. Even if I can't, though, most hotels have those mini-fridges and microwave ovens. With a little creativity, you can do pretty well with just a mini-fridge and a microwave! I put a small container of Seasoned Salt and a mini bottle of Tabasco Sauce in my suitcase . Learned those tricks in the Army!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                        My coworkers already know I'm weird because I have a kettlebell in my cube
                        That is awesome!

I wish we all worked together so we could be weirdo freaks all contentedly collective-like.
                        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• I can see it now. We'd all be standing barefoot at our desks with kettlebells and bacon in hand while Patrick played the mandolin. If that's not a healthy work environment then i don't know what is.

Goldie: the hotel room has a fridge and microwave, but no kitchenette. I may look around the garage and see if I find a hot plate laying around. If nothing else, i can stock up on some rotisserie chicken and some vegetables and be ok with that for a few days. And for the record, having a kettlebell with you at work has made you my hero!

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving Dave. I hope it's as good a one as possible

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                I wish we all worked together so we could be weirdo freaks all contentedly collective-like.
                                Oh, that would be SO nice! No one I work with is weird, and they don't comprehend paleo. It's taken me over a year for them to understand what "gluten sensitive" means. They're all nice about it, though. (Actually, I think they're afraid I'll go postal with my kettlebell!)

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                                I can see it now. We'd all be standing barefoot at our desks with kettlebells and bacon in hand while Patrick played the mandolin. If that's not a healthy work environment then i don't know what is.

Goldie: the hotel room has a fridge and microwave, but no kitchenette. I may look around the garage and see if I find a hot plate laying around. If nothing else, i can stock up on some rotisserie chicken and some vegetables and be ok with that for a few days. And for the record, having a kettlebell with you at work has made you my hero!
                                LOL thanks! It's right by the "doorway" to my cube, and anyone who walks by and notices it asks, "What the heck is that?"

I then demonstrate, usually just a few swings and maybe a one-arm snatch. They back away slowly.

We recently had an "active shooter" exercise at work, and my next-door cube neighbor suggested that I could use my KB as a weapon if I couldn't run or hide and had to fight.

I actually do 10-15 swings every hour or so, just to get a break away from the computer screen.

Rotisserie chicken, veg, and salad stuff are good options, I've done the same. You can also scramble eggs in the microwave, they just cook a lot faster than you'd think and you need to stir them frequently.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Comment

Working...
                                X