• Today's workout:

Push-ups, 45-35-20
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Cement block thrusters, 4 x 12
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    Tricept extension(on rings), 3 x 10
    Bicep curls(on rings), 3 x 10
    Walking goblet lunges, 2 x 20 - 2 x 15

Switched things up a little today. It was a nice change of pace.

In other news, my mother in law has been freaking out if my kids try to walk into the backyard without putting on shoes first. Apparently she is convinced that stepping on bees is unavoidable. To listen to her talk there must be 500 bees per square foot of yard. Either that or she doesn't want them winding up like their freak dad. Little does she know that both kids have asked for their own pair of "Monkey Feet" shoes.

Speaking of "Monkey Feet", the VFF's are starting to get a bit funky. Time for a scrubbing.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• 500 bees per square foot...so much honey...Mmmmm. I like my women like I like my coffee...covered in bees!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        500 bees per square foot...so much honey...Mmmmm. I like my women like I like my coffee...covered in bees!

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Wow, okay, I was not expecting that.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            500 bees per square foot...so much honey...Mmmmm. I like my women like I like my coffee...covered in bees!
            Eddie Izzard forever!
            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
              Eddie Izzard forever!
              Preach it Brother Patrick. Preach it.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata snatches
                Cement block thrusters, 3 x 12
                Pull-ups. 3 x 10
                Walking lunges, 2 x 20
                Push-ups, 35-20-12
                Body rows, 3 x 10
                Swings, 1 x 60

It's been raining, but dried up enough to get the workout in without getting too muddy. Got good and sweaty.

Sunday's workout: playing in the park. We took the kids to Oglebay Park down in Wheeling. We took a paddle boat ride on the lake. It's the kind you peddle, and it's harder than it looks. At least when you are trying to go fast and peddling by yourself. After we played on the playground. They have these chains hung low to the ground like a slack line with other chains higher up to hold on to. I tried walking them without the support line, and that is hard as fuck. Fun though. We went out to dinner, but couldn't find a decent place and ended up at Perkin's. I just said "fuck it" and ate a cheeseburger, bun and all. Oh well, nt the end of the world.

On saturday we had gone to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner. It is pretty much the only decent steak place near by. I had the prime rib. It was really good, even if it wasn't as rare as I like. I heard quite a few people ordering steak and asking that it be cooked "really well done." Really? Do you even like steak? Just order the chicken. I'm also of the opinion that steak sauce is for people that don't like the taste of steak.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                  I heard quite a few people ordering steak and asking that it be cooked "really well done." Really? Do you even like steak? Just order the chicken. I'm also of the opinion that steak sauce is for people that don't like the taste of steak.
                  Screw the chicken, just go vegetarian. Really well done, what a travesty. I agree about steak sauce it is for those you mention and for those who can't cook a steak correctly. If your steak needs sauce you need to learn to cook.

Comment

• I'd say steak sauce is for minute steak. All other steaks have to stand on their own.

People want steak well done?! Burn those witches.
                    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Today's workout"

1 pull-up, 2 push-ups, 3 squats - max rounds in 10 minutes.

Thunder storm outside today, so I did this one in the house. Holy crap, this was a ball buster! I was tempted to slow down, but i forced myself to g at full speed through the whole thing. I just told myself that it is just 10 minutes, and I can go through any sort of hell for 10 minutes. Total number of rounds completed: A Butt Load. Seriously, who can actually keep count when your huffing and puffing with sweat running in your eyes?

Comment

• Today's workout:

100 KB Snatches, done as fast as possible.
                        Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                        Push-ups, 35-20-15
                        Body rows, 3 x 10
                        100 KB Swings, as fast as possible.

I didn't time them but I was happy with the pace with the kettlebells. Some definite huffing and puffing going on.

So, Sunday we took the kids to the Children's Museum in Pittsburgh. It was our second visit and the kids love it, so we went ahead and bought a membership. It pays for itself in 2 visits, so it's worth it.After we were going out for some dinner. My wife gave me an ear full of how our dinning options are always so limited due to my eating habits. I gave in and let her pick. We ended up going to Di Felice Brothers(supposedly ranked #1 for something). I don't mind the occasional cheat when good food is involved, so what the hell. Disappointed does not come close to describing it. It tasted like a fucking PIzza Hut pan pizza. What a fucking joke. So I got to feel like crap and didn't even get good pizza. Today I came home from work early. there was a water main break, and I guess the FDA gets all funny about making vitamins and supplements when you can't do things like wash your hands, so we were sent home. We went down to Wheeling and hung out in the Cabelas store for a while. We had dinner at a steak place. It was decent, but nothing special. It's real food though. The same argument came from my wife about limited restaurant choices. I asked just how fair it is to me that I have to feel like crap because she doesn't want to listen to crappy country music in a chain steak place. It's not my fault our choices in this area are shit. I will only want to eat in a place were something resembling real food is available.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata snatches x 2 (1 min rest in between)
                          Cement block thrusters, 3 x 12
                          Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                          Push-ups. 35-20-15
                          Body rows, 3 x 10

Warm-up today was about an hour walk with the dog, then right into the workout. It was done fasted, so even if I did less stuff than other days it kicked by ass pretty good.

About to go cook up a bunch of meat for the holiday celebration, then it's of to the local parade. Not sure if there will be fireworks tonight or not.

Happy 4th everyone....don't blow any fingers off tonight.

Comment

• Exercise reorganizes the brain to be more resilient to stress. Now go work up a sweat.

Comment

• More reasons to go workout.

Epigenetic changes to fat cells following exercise.

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB Snatches, 3 x 10 each side
                                KB Clean and Press. 2 x 8 each side
                                Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                                Goblet squats, 3 x 10
                                Push-ups, 40-20-15
                                Body rows, 3 x 10

Used the heavier KB today, so lower rep range. Still kept the rest intervals fairly short, so intensity was pretty high. Still having the same issue with the goblet squats where I get fatigued in the arms from holding the kettlebell before the legs get fatigued. We already have plans to go to Lowe's today for some other stuff, so I will be getting several sand bags to make one heavy one(100-150 lbs) and a smaller one(50 lbs).

Yesterday wasn't an official workout, but I did help my father in law clear a tree that fell. He cut the trunk into several decent sized logs and suggested I roll them over to a brush pile. Fuck that, I stood them up on end, dead lifted them up, carried them to the pile and threw them as much as possible. It was kind of fun. After we took the kids into town for the delayed 4th of July/Summer festival. The parade was pretty crappy so I was hopping the festival part would be better. It wasn't. One crappy bounce house that was way too small for the amount of kids there. Most of it was crappy baked goods and churches giving away free bibles. It was looking like the food choices were going to be just as bad. My wife went with a cheese steak and the kids had fries. I was loosing hope when I saw an old man and his wife running a BBQ stand off to the side. I got a half rack of ribs and a chicken leg and thigh. They put the sauce on the side for me so I could get a little bit of the flavor without it swimming in it. They did a really good job...I devoured that shit. The "festival" sucked, so we left. We took the kids to the pool and had a pretty good time there, so the day was saved.

Comment

Working...
                                X