• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's workout:

Hill sprints -
    warm up sprints x 3 at 50-70% intensity

Sprints x 6 at 100%

WOW...thought my legs were going to give out on the least one. had the kids out cheering me on, so I had to push hard.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I was too late for my Mom too. She had already been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. We were able to give her 4 good years, however. For that I am grateful.

Now to get my husband and sons on board...
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I think I might need a 12 step program for my macadamia nut problem.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

27 sit-ups
          18 push-ups
          1.5 mile run

Sounds like a weird and pretty lame workout, I know. I have applied for a job(I won't go into the details of it so I don't jinx it), and it requires a physical agility test and the minimum standard is 27 sit-ups in 1 minute, 18 push-ups in 1 minute, and a 1.5 mile run in no longer than 15 min. 20 seconds. All pretty easy stuff, so I was shocked to see people fail it. After the run part I heard guys that were pretty close to half my age saying they were going to go home and crash after this. I was a little surprised at this since my plans were to go home, eat some lunch, and then spend the day doing yard work. I definitely got more of a workout from the yard work. The only thing I am a little bit ashamed of is that I did not wear the VFF's for this. I thought at first it would make me stand out an be memorable, but then I thought that might not always be a good thing. I decided to go traditional with the shoes, and play it safe.

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 4 x 8 each side
            Pull-ups, 3 x 10
            Goblet squats, 3 x 12
            Push-ups, 30-20-15
            Body rows, 3 x 10

Good workout today. It was short, but I kept the rest periods between sets to about 30-40 seconds so the intensity level was good.

Comment

• I just want to say that if you're not cooking bacon to go on your salad and then using the bacon grease to make salad dressing, then brother you ain't livin'.

My father in law mentioned to me that whenever I make dinner the house ends up smelling like bacon. I responded with "You're welcome." That was the only thing I felt was appropriate as a response, but I don't think that was the one expected.

Comment

• LMAO Great response. 100% on the money.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata snatches x 2
                  Tabata swings x 2
                  Cement block thrusters, 4 x 10
                  Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                  Push-ups, 40-20-10
                  Body rows, 3 x 10

Haven't done a tabata type workout in a while, and it kicked my butt. Now we are getting ready to go for an early father's day lunch to beat the crowds on sunday since decent restaurants near by here are limited. Going to a steak house to get the largest steak they have.

Comment

• Not that I advocate eating cake, but this one is awesome.

And I think this just belongs here.

Comment

• Well, my father's day lunch/dinner was nice. We went to the Texas Roadhouse. Not the fanciest place, but short of driving in to Pittsburgh it's the best we can do. I went with the 20 oz. bone in ribeye with sauteed onion, loaded baked potato, and green beans(cooked with bacon...woohoo!). I may have had a few bites of whatever they call their version of the awesome blossom, and maybe a margarita or 3. Don't judge me!!! Anyway it was nice. Right now I am watching kid's movies while drinking some hard pear cider. Wasn't in the mood for beer and the bloating that often accompanies it. The cider has a nice light and refreshing taste that goes pretty good in the warm weather. Never had pear cider before. It's pretty good.

Comment

• Happy belated Father's Day!

I like cider as a drink option as well. I tried a lot of different flavors at a craft beer event back in March.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          Happy belated Father's Day!

I like cider as a drink option as well. I tried a lot of different flavors at a craft beer event back in March.
                          Thanks, it was a nice day and the cider was I nice change of pace. I do like a good beer every now and then, but they don't carry much in the way of good beer locally.
                          __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Today's workout:

Tabata snatches
                          Double tabata swings
                          Pull-ups, 3 x 10
                          Cement block thrusters, 3 x 10
                          Push-ups, 30-20-15
                          Body rows, 3 x 10
                          Bicep curls(body weight on rings), 2 x 10

Double tabata swings damn near killed me, but it felt good when I was done. I decided to throw in some curls 'cuz hey, you gotta be ready for the pool come summer time.

Comment

• What are double swings? Two kettlebells?
                            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• That would be a double Tabata, so an 8 minute interval. Just one kettlebell.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Nice, man!
                                August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Working...
                                X