No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Knifegill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure my max push-up number is determined almost entirely by my body weight. This yogurt and potato kick has thrown about ten pounds of water weight on me this week. I hit the gym just now and was DONE by my 30th rep. after hitting 45 a little while ago while I was leaner during Zach and my ab race. BUT I'm cutting out the yogurt to see whether it's the sweetened dairy or the nightshade potatoes making my right hip gradually ache more and more. Subsequent water dumping should get my push-up numbers back to where they were.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Remember that yogurt is not the same as plain old milk. With yogurt, you get lactic acid and that's probably going to affect your body differently than milk w/ sugar would. At least, I think that's what the Peat stuff says, but I don't really understand the mechanisms behind it all.
      Depression Lies

Comment

Whether warrior or slave, the caged man still sings.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Fun work prank. Set your font to HUGE, and something with accent/blobbiness to it. Set your color to brown and use "-" to create a giant turd, and message it to people. Some good alt codes for turd splatters are alt + 798, 519. I use "chiller" font, it's blobby and splattery. Perfect.
          Last edited by Knifegill; 11-02-2013, 01:31 AM.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

When we come into your room to draw blood, please rest assured, you DO NOT NEED TO TELL US TO TURN ON THE LIGHT. How can people be so intensely dumb? How can i poke your veins in the dark? Yes, we go by feel, but NO, nobody ever does things in the freaking dark around here.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I hit the gym. Then I apologized and grabbed an ice pack for it's bruise.

Did 195lb. incline bench press, 5, 5, 10, 1 slo-mo rep. OMG, my veins were exploding out of my chest and neck!

Did 5 "jerk and cleans" or whatever abomination/excuse for them I'm actually doing, still getting form down at 95 pounds. Making sure that overhead press actually goes up, and not out at all.

Did plate curls x 10 with two 25 pounders while I was putting the weights away on a whim.

Forgot, yesterday I deadlifted 205 pounds 5 x 5. That's all I did. I swear I almost died.

And I'm getting the tiniest bit of discomfort in my tummy which suggests that 1 pound of ground beef, six eggs, two potatoes and three carrots might have been too much to eat at once.

And earlier I had some trader joe's pumpkin ice cream and a small bag of dates.

My shoulders have grown. Perhaps an update is due...
              Last edited by Knifegill; 11-03-2013, 01:56 AM.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Balance. I try and try to do without it, to set every dial all the way to one end or the other and not have to mess with it. But it keeps coming back. A time for this, a time for that, but only when this is more than that and so-and-so is okay with it. Enough to make a man crazy! Now the thought of the post about boredom and how it's supposed to motivate us to innovate and discover, prepare and gather in advance. Meanwhile I've trained my mind to mostly be still, to stop moving, to lie placid, knowing such passions, hobbies and goals are so far out of my reach that wanting to live a good life only reminds me of how miserable and trapped I really am. For the wealthy and the very poor, lofty goals and plans are free for the execution. Not for me. Not for anyone like me, we cannot go anywhere or do anything. So THIS is a time for abject silence, THIS is a life to apply stanch abstinence from hope, inspiration and ideas - because they only hurt. Dial set to silence for self-preservation. And it is working well so far.

On the bright side, my back is growing a sort of backpack of meat since I started playing with the barbell.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

New Old People Magazine Gives Old People Something To Read While Waiting To Die | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Tried it again. Ate a bunch of chocolate, got a bunch of diarrhea. I guess I'll save chocolate for laxative use for a while! Might come in handy if the spud cannon gets loaded improperly again...
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                      Tried it again. Ate a bunch of chocolate, got a bunch of diarrhea. I guess I'll save chocolate for laxative use for a while! Might come in handy if the spud cannon gets loaded improperly again...
                      What is a bunch? Is it all the fiber you aren't used to on a low carb diet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      ------
                      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Maybe the trick is not eating a "bunch" right off the bat
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• I had four Justin's Dark PB Cups and a Large Chocolove bar, almonds and...salt... or something.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Too much fiber. Gut not used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            ------
                            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Maybe, but fiber usually clogs me...
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Maybe, but fiber usually clogs me...
                                I've found that with IBS, depending on the state of the gut at any given time, you can either get constipation or diarrhea with the same thing. Stimulant laxatives are different, but for fiber, it can go either way for me. it just depends on whether I'm currently a bit constipated or things are moving "normally".
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X