Primal Journal - Knifegill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha. Sushi burrito.

Try oil-pulling with coconut oil, 20mn / day before brushing your teeth or first thing in the morning.
    I hate brushing my teeth. But coconut oil does leave a clean feeling after I have to brush. Which I will, if I keep eating sugar.

Staying full: I had a much harder time at the beginning of reintroducing carbs. Now I am almost back to 2-3 meals a day. Gelatin helps a lot. Now when I get hungry it is mostly because I am insanely full during dinner for about 500 cals and I had also weight trained that day. Later I will probably eat more before bed. I would recommend hydrolyxate gelatin and add it to drinks.

Mood: I find that low carb makes me have an even temper... But I also never get euphorically happy either. On carbs I am really happy for no good reason again.

Coconut milk: you can still drink some. No need to cut fat to 0%. I use trader Joe's light coconut milk and go through quite a bit of it until I figure out how to drink milk again (lactose intolerant now after cutting it out long time ago due to CW healthy).

I am still getting a decent amount of fat in. About 2-4 eggs a day, beef or lamb (not always the leanest cuts), and then light coconut milk. Just no bulletproof coffee or massive amounts of nuts. Also I stopped buying bacon.
    I find cutting fat too low makes me develop cravings for fatty junk food like ice cream and milk chocolate.

Today I ate (training day, so tons of food at dinner)
    -4 types of tea
    -Lite coconut milk, gelatin & coffee x2 until 1pm
    -1 piece lamb shoulder, 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 cup egg whites & 1/2 tbsp gelatin in 1-2 tsp ghee for lunch
    -maybe 8oz gelatinous beef from neckbones (picked out of my pot of bone broth made with these meaty bones) for dinner/before bed.
    -10-12oz 1% cottage cheese with cinnamon
    -1 slice of pumpkin custard (made with gelatin, eggs, pumpkin purée, spices, sugar, maple syrup)
    -2 12oz bottles of oj (one before gym; one after)
    -1 or 2 slices of pineapple

Tomorrow I will be more conservative (meat, melon, egg white, cottage cheese) since I am not training.

I try to eat my fat/protein earlier during the day and more carbs around dinner. Helps with sleep, workout recovery, and with curbing hunger throughout the day. Also it is like a 24 hr carb cycling regiment.

I like the protein/fat one meal and carbiness later. Might try to incorporate that to see how it feels.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Depending on your bodyweight you can still fit 60g of fat in there pretty easily without gaining especially if you're exercising. Coconut oil(and milk) and heavy saturated sources will actually help you improve insulin sensitivity in response to sugar. It's just too much fat can often create huge surpluses in addition to carbohydrates which is why some may advise against too much fat.

Also, it's best to have most(not all) of your fat in the evening and protein and carbs during the day. Though I'd have some coconut oil during the day as opposed to night because it revs me up, personally.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Oh, and enough calcium and its proper metabolites will make it so you don't need to brush much. I imagine more shit gets stuck in your teeth from meat rather than sugar. I use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda anyway personally, but that's cause cigarettes and coffee stain your teeth plus I drink some coke(straw) and red bulls(straw)
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Depending on your bodyweight you can still fit 60g of fat in there pretty easily without gaining especially if you're exercising. Coconut oil(and milk) and heavy saturated sources will actually help you improve insulin sensitivity in response to sugar. It's just too much fat can often create huge surpluses in addition to carbohydrates which is why some may advise against too much fat.

Also, it's best to have most(not all) of your fat in the evening and protein and carbs during the day. Though I'd have some coconut oil during the day as opposed to night because it revs me up, personally. Übermensch
          Interesting. I've even see people rail against the entire concept of macro-combos, championing the human digestive system as infallible and able to digest any combination of foods...but what about us bloaters? I think it's still up to the individual. It depends on which carbs I eat, but I can have any fat with any meat and it goes fine, while some carbs (fruit starches?) with meat give me trouble. But I can apparently eat a big monomeal of carrot, potato and onion and seaweed soup with meat all together just fine.

Oh, and enough calcium and its proper metabolites will make it so you don't need to brush much. I imagine more shit gets stuck in your teeth from meat rather than sugar. I use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda anyway personally, but that's cause cigarettes and coffee stain your teeth plus I drink some coke(straw) and red bulls(straw)
          Cool. I find coffee does not stain my teeth, but tea (kombucha) does. During steak and eggs and similar menus, I don't really even have to brush my teeth. Dairy makes scum, and fruit snacks do, too. Whole fruit, not as much, and apples actually clean them.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Look on the bright side... You haven't gotten obese or snorting pixie stix yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
            ------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

These potatoes make my muscles all swollen! I look like a GI JOE toy, for crying out loud. I'm even thicker because my pecs and lats are protruding, but my abs are still mostly visible. But I didn't do a whole lot better in the gym than I ever do, really. Then again, I've been doing slo-mo, partial reps, and static holds more, so I'm pretty torn up right now. Can't wait to do another 800-push-up day and add more reps to my max. Taking the benchpresses easy until my shoulders stop aching.

Been eating a 1/2 gallon of yogurt when I get home in the morning, and meat and veggies before work.

Still lots of kombucha! I need to brew more, I'm already looking at several days without it as it is!

And potatoes make spongy, wobbly stools. It's kind of goofy-looking.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I'm always coming up with silly new guidelines. Lately I've been telling myself (in effort to gain more rest days and compensate for my terrible memory) that I'll only workout on even days. So the 26th, the 28th, etc. But I work nights, so I don't know what the heck to do about midnight. I guess count the whole shift as the date it was when I clocked in.

I think chocolate was giving me diarrhea. I gave it up for a week by mistake, just lost track and forgot to eat it, and my poops have been a lot more normal. BUT I'm also eating potatoes and yogurt again, both at once, because I love having 5 variables at once to make suere I don't learn anything.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

You didn't give up chocolate for a week. You ate my chocolate the last few days! And, then you had the audacity to forget about it. It's not like the baby and working every day for two weeks straight have destroyed any remaining ability to remember durations of time, or anything!

Comment

You didn't give up chocolate for a week. You ate my chocolate the last few days! And, then you had the audacity to forget about it. It's not like the baby and working every day for two weeks straight have destroyed any remaining ability to remember durations of time, or anything!
                    Right, I ate some, and got a little squirt. That's when I realized I hadn't eaten chocolate hardly at all for a while!
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
                      Nice to see you back Aldergirl Congrads on the little bundle of joy! I'm sure you have your hands full with all the highs and lows this period of time brings xx
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Baby is doing awesome. He had his bath today and enjoyed the whole thing!

Just hit the gym, did:
                        10 strict-form wide grip pull-ups
                        Rest 2 min
                        10 underhand, close-grip pull-ups, with leg lifts and went as high up as I could
                        Rest 2 min
                        5 strict, wide pull-ups
                        15 body-weight squats
                        rest 1 min
                        5 close-grip underhand pullups, hung out on the last one for a slo-mo death rep
                        curled 45 pounds x 10 per arm
                        rest 1 min
                        Did 1 rep 1-arm push-up each arm, legs felt crampy at it so I just ended those.
                        Held 10 pound dumbbells at full extension to each side for just over a minute. Sounds easy, burns great!
                        rest 2 min
                        10 more underhand pull-ups
                        45-pound (90 total) plyometric farmer carry, across gym 4 times.
                        Assisted 1-arm reverse pull-up, 1x each arm, let down slowly
                        As an afterthought on the way out of the gym, new record - 25 dips in one set. Yay!
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                          I think chocolate was giving me diarrhea. I gave it up for a week by mistake, just lost track and forgot to eat it, and my poops have been a lot more normal. BUT I'm also eating potatoes and yogurt again, both at once, because I love having 5 variables at once to make suere I don't learn anything.
                          Haha I am terrible about doing that. I usually try a bunch of things at once and then knock out one at a time to figure out what's helping/hurting. I've found that using cocoa powder in my smoothies doesn't bother me, but chocolate in bars (even without soy lecithin) bothers my gut.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

Haha I am terrible about doing that. I usually try a bunch of things at once and then knock out one at a time to figure out what's helping/hurting. I've found that using cocoa powder in my smoothies doesn't bother me, but chocolate in bars (even without soy lecithin) bothers my gut.
                            From chaos, comes order!

I worked out well yesterday, but am not sore today. Now I'm torn between my "exercise whenever I want or when I have time" ideas and my every other day idea. I think free will trumps any confusion, and if I feel like more exercise, I'll do it. I'll just do different stuff. Which sucks, because I did all of my favorite stuff already. I can work on my clean and jerk form, I guess. Bah. Maybe I'll just run up and down the stairs.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Did a really quick workout after work this AM, focused on time under tension, partial reps and super-slo-mo pul-ups and push-ups.
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Benefit to unisex restrooms #496: The feminine blood box thingy makes for a convenient toiletside coffee table.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X