No announcement yet.

Carla's Primal Pregnancy Log!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been feeling too primal lately but I'm going to keep logging... I feel if I don't log anything then I'll slip into eating bad ALL of the time...

Saturday - 11/6/2010: Day 16

Food:

9:30am - 1 medium whole milk decaf latte

12:30pm - 5 slices bacon, 3 eggs cooked in bacon fat, 1 medium apple

5pm - bag of microwave popcorn topped w/ melted butter & hot sauce

9pm - Out on a dinner date w/ hubby - split two appetizers: fried pork belly & rabbit meatballs, dinner: duck breast w/ arugula salad, split dessert: apple crumble w/ ice cream

Cheats:

*bag of microwave popcorn
    *apple crumble w/ ice cream

Activity:

7:30am

Warm-up:

10 ring rows
    5 push-ups
    25 mountain climbers
    3 rounds

Work-out:

10 push-ups - on knees
    20 box step-ups - 20" box
    10 kipping pull-ups
    40 air squats
    50 slam ball - 12# ball
    3 rounds

Completed in 24:14

Rest then...

~150m walking overhead lunges w/ 10# plate
    Last edited by Carla; 11-07-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

You're still more primal than I am. *claps!* The popcorn won't killya. And hey, you know, when you look back on these logs from your increasingly primal future, they'll serve as a good reminder of how well you're doing, how far you've come, etc. IMO that's part of the point of journaling!
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Sunday- 11/7/2010: Day 17

Food:

9:30am: cup of coffee w/ half & half, 2 "wally" biscotti

1:30pm: 4 eggs scrambled in butter w/ 1/2 jalapeno, 1 medium apple

2:30pm: handful of red grapes

8:30pm: homemade stew made with grass-fed bison meat, onions, garlic, jalapenos, zucchini, green bell peppers, yellow squash (I got all of these ingredients at the farmers market yesterday!! ), 2 handfuls of red grapes

Cheats:

*2 "wally" biscotti

Activity:

None
        Last edited by Carla; 11-08-2010, 05:49 AM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
          You're still more primal than I am. *claps!* The popcorn won't killya. And hey, you know, when you look back on these logs from your increasingly primal future, they'll serve as a good reminder of how well you're doing, how far you've come, etc. IMO that's part of the point of journaling!
          Thanks Jenny!!! I needed that!

Comment

Monday - 11/8/2010: Day 18

Food:

6:30am: cup of coffee w/ half & half & splash of skim milk (resorted to throwing this in there b/c I'm running low on the half & half... )

8:30am: cup of decaf coffee w/ the last of my half & half, 1 sour cream pecan muffin

1pm: 3 oz grass fed bison jerky, a couple handfuls of almonds

8:30pm: spinach salad w/ gorgonzola cheese, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, red onion, & raspberry vinaigrette, & 3 large slices pizza w/ pepperoni & jalapenos

Cheats:

*1 sour cream pecan muffin
            *pizza bread

Activity:

None
            Last edited by Carla; 11-09-2010, 08:25 AM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

Tuesday - 11/9/2010: Day 19

Food:

8am: medium half & half (half caf) latte

12pm: 3 eggs scrambled in butter w/ spinach

1pm: "think thin" gluten free chocolate fudge bar

7pm: I was BAD! From Dominos: 1 medium thin crust pepperoni & jalapeno pizza (yes.... the WHOLE pizza!), 1/2 order of cheesy bread

Cheats:

*pizza
              *cheesy bread

Activity:

None
              Last edited by Carla; 11-10-2010, 07:36 AM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

35 weeks & 2 days pregnant today... I've been pretty ravenous lately and can't seem to get enough food! Pizza has been a major craving lately and I want it again today. I'm feeling pretty good still so it's hard to feel bad about it... It hasn't been making me feel bad like it used to... I eat and then I'm hungry again a few hours later...

I'm up to 155 lbs now. That's 25 lbs more than my pre-pregnancy weight. But I gained most of this early on in the pregnancy. I haven't gained much (just a couple of pounds) over the past few months. But, my baby is still growing on track and my belly is getting much bigger! Bathroom breaks are very frequent now too!

Wednesday- 11/10/2010: Day 20

Food:

8am: cup of coffee w/ half & half

9:30am: cup of decaf coffee w/ half & half, 2 wally biscotti

10:30am: 4 medium slices regular crust pepperoni & jalapeno pizza (leftover from Dominos)

2:30pm: 2 medium slices regular crust pepperoni & jalapeno pizza, 1/2 order cheesy bread (leftover from Dominos)

8pm: 2 medium slices regular crust pepperoni & jalapeno pizza (leftover from Dominos), LOTS of nacho cheese doritos

Cheats:

*2 wally biscotti
                *pizza
                *doritos

Activity:

5:30am

Warm-up:

400m run
                5x5 bear complex - 35#

Work-out:

Shoulder Press: 3-3-2-2-1-1
                55#-65#-70#-75#75#-80#(f)

Then

Run 400m
                7 push-press - 55#
                10 power clean - 55#
                3 rounds

Completed in 11:30
                Last edited by Carla; 11-11-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

Things are sure to get weird appetite-wise as your body starts clamoring for calories, various pregnancy cravings, etc. I'm sure it'll be hard to manage! I'm sympathetic (though I can't relate heheh) (well actually I've gained a little weight back which is good!)

I'm sure you'll be able to get back to 130 (or whatever your goal is) no problem afterward. Plus, remember you're going to lose something like 15 pounds as soon as the baby's born -- the baby's birth weight plus the amniotic fluid, plus the water that was added to various support systems (blood etc.)

It's none of my business, but out of curiosity -- planning to breastfeed? It's supposedly a great way for the kid to help vampire the weight right off of you. I didn't lose weight myself when BFing but I suspect that's about my diet at the time and low supply issues; this time will hopefully be different on both fronts! Other women say their bodies seem anxious to hang onto a certain %fat when breastfeeding so... results may vary.
                  "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                    Things are sure to get weird appetite-wise as your body starts clamoring for calories, various pregnancy cravings, etc. I'm sure it'll be hard to manage! I'm sympathetic (though I can't relate heheh) (well actually I've gained a little weight back which is good!)

I'm sure you'll be able to get back to 130 (or whatever your goal is) no problem afterward. Plus, remember you're going to lose something like 15 pounds as soon as the baby's born -- the baby's birth weight plus the amniotic fluid, plus the water that was added to various support systems (blood etc.)

It's none of my business, but out of curiosity -- planning to breastfeed? It's supposedly a great way for the kid to help vampire the weight right off of you. I didn't lose weight myself when BFing but I suspect that's about my diet at the time and low supply issues; this time will hopefully be different on both fronts! Other women say their bodies seem anxious to hang onto a certain %fat when breastfeeding so... results may vary.
                    I just had a few slices of pizza for a late breakfast... Leftovers from yesterday!!!

I DO plan on breastfeeding. I'm shooting for a year but we'll see how managable that is once I go back to work. I'm planning on pumping at the office to help with supply. Hopefully that will work!

Comment

Between the entire pizza and the Doritos I ate yesterday I have been a model in non primal eating!! So, I'm recommitting myself starting today... I'm starting a new count and I'm going to stay clean for the next 2 weeks (up until Thanksgiving!!!). Wish me luck!

Thursday - 11/11/2010: DAY 1

Food:

8am: cup of coffee w/ half & half

2pm: can of sardines packed in mustard, handful of macadamia nuts, 1 medium apple

4:30pm: lots of baby carrots

7:30pm: salad of spinach, cucumber, snap peas, red grapes, walnuts, olive oil, and red wine vinegar, grilled pork medallions wrapped in bacon, grilled asparagus, red grapes

Cheats:

None

Activity:

None
                      Last edited by Carla; 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

Pizza and Doritos! Avoid, avoid the triangular temptresses! Their orange-stained wiles lead only unto... Uh... Well my joke-analogy brain stopped right there, so sad.

I pumped at work and it can be challenging for sure. I'm lucky I have a private office... Also got a cheap tiny fridge so I didn't have to be carrying milk bags to the nasty fridge in the kitchen.

And washing pump parts in the equally-nasty kitchenette? With nosy coworkers? No thanks! Soooo convenient to just wipe the parts, pop them in a ziploc in the fridge, use again when its time, and then just wash them at home at the end of the day.

Comment

Well, DAY 1 of my re-commitment to healthy eating was a success! Feeling good but still ravenous!!!!

Friday - 11/12/2010: DAY 2

Food:

6:30am: medium half & half latte

10:30am: 4 egg omelet cooked in butter w/ cheddar cheese slices

to be continued...

Cheats:

None

Activity:

5am

Warm-up:

1000m row
                          Completed in 4:51

8 push-ups - on knees
                          10 squats
                          8 ring dips - using 1.5" band
                          3 rounds

Work-out:

10 kipping pull-ups
                          20 push-ups - incline off of a 20" box
                          30 squats
                          4 rounds (only did 5 pull-ups on last round due to blood blister that formed on my palm...)

Completed in 26:00

Comment

Wow! Looks like you are kicking butt for your Day 1! Great job!
                            sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

Hey Carla -- how's pregnancy going? How are you?

Comment

Hey girl!!! I'm good! I just got tired of logging my food... Things just got really busy and I'm enjoying reading more than writing! I'm still on track to deliver on 12/12. No signs of an early delivery... Eating is good. I stopped my CF workouts last week and have switched to walking and LOTS of housework and organizing!!!

How are you? Any new news?

Comment

Working...
                                X