No announcement yet.

Carla's Primal Pregnancy Log!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news!!! I avoided the fried sopapillas at dinner last night... I wanted to order them soooo bad but I resisted and had oranges for dessert instead. Yea me! (I didn't avoid the tortilla chips though... )

I also started supplementing 5,000 IU of D3/day today... I have an appointment with my OB on Monday and will see if he will have their lab test my levels while I'm there.

Work has been crazy busy too! I don't see this letting up anytime between now and when the baby is due either...

Thursday - 10/28/2010: Day 7

Food:

9am: From Starbuck's - 1 grande whole milk latte

12pm: From Frank's Chophouse - cup of broccoli soup w/ chicken broth & cream base, foot long beef hot dog w/ chili & cheese (no bun), side of grilled broccoli

3pm: Was craving something sweet after that massive lunch, so... 1 "think thin" gluten free peanut butter bar, 4 squares of dark chocolate

7:30pm: grass fed ground beef cooked in butter, sauteed red cabbage, a few pieces of brie

Cheats:

*4 squares dark chocolate

Activity:

6am

Warm-up:

10 squats
    10 push-ups - on knees
    3 rounds

Work-out:

Shoulder Press: 5-5-5
    65#-70#-75#

Then

50-40-30-20-10: double-unders
    30-25-20-10-5: push-ups
    (alternate between DU and push-ups on each set)

Completed in 14:14
    Last edited by Carla; 10-28-2010, 06:51 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

I slept horribly last night! I woke up at 2am hungry and stressed thinking about work... After tossing around for an hour I finally got up to get something to eat. After eating I managed to pass out at 3:30am but then had to get up again at 4:30am for my workout! Ugh. I'm glad I worked out though. I'm feeling much better now... Hopefully, tonight will be better.

Friday - 10/29/2010: Day 8

Food:

3:15am: 6 clementine oranges, 3 flourless oatmeal cookies (from Sunday's batch), glass of whole milk... Felt SO much better after eating!

9:30am: From Starbuck's - 1 grande whole milk latte

11:30am: From Beck's Prime - baked potato w/ grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, sour cream, & butter

6:30pm: smoked beef sausage, jalapeņo cheese, cheddar cheese

9pm: grilled ribeye steak, asparagus, and red bell pepper

Cheats:

*3 oatmeal cookies

Activity:

5am

Warm-up:

10 squats
      5 push-ups - on knees
      10 good mornings
      Run 200m
      2 rounds

Work-out:

20 KBS - 35#
      20 box step-ups - 20"
      5 push-ups - on knees
      Run 400m (after first 4 rounds only)
      5 rounds

Completed in 26:26
      Last edited by Carla; 10-29-2010, 07:42 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

Slept great last night! Got in 10 hours of sleep with just 2 bathroom breaks!!! Nice!

Going to check out our farmers market for the first time now...

Saturday - 10/30/2010: Day 9

Food:

9am: 2 cups coffee w/ half and half, 4 flourless oatmeal cookies (from Sunday's batch)

1:30pm: smoked beef sausage, jalapeņo cheese, cheddar cheese

4pm: 1 medium apple, cheese, handful of 72% Ghirardelli chocolate mini discs

8:30pm: from Thai Bistro - stirfried chicken w/ cashews, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, onions, and ~1/3 cup pork fried rice

Cheats:

*4 oatmeal cookies
        *handful of 72% Ghirardelli chocolate mini discs

Activity:

None
        Last edited by Carla; 10-30-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I made an awesome flourless chocolate torte last night. I didn't sample it yesterday because I was full but I had a few bites today. It is delicious but I really can't eat more than a few bites at a time. It is SO filling. It's made with 10 oz of 72% bittersweet chocolate, 2 sticks of butter, 5 eggs, 1/4 cup strong coffee, 1/4 cup sugar, & vanilla. Best torte ever! And it's just sweet enough to satisfy my recent cravings for desserts...

Another great night of sleep... 9 hours! I need to take advantage before the baby comes along...

Also, I met a bunch of great farmers at the market yesterday. I'll be going back next weekend with a cooler so I can buy some bison and pork.

Sunday - 10/31/2010: Day 10

Food:

9am: 2 cups coffee w/ half and half (1 regular, 1 decaf), 5 mini chocolate biscotti

12pm: smoked beef sausage, jalapeņo cheese, cheddar cheese

2:30pm: ~5 small bites of flourless chocolate torte

3:30pm: 1 medium apple, jalapeņo cheese, cheddar cheese

7pm: At my friends Halloween party (I was sooooo bad... ) - 4 mini Snickers candies, 2 sugar cookies, tortilla chips w/ goat cheese/leek dip & spinach/artichoke dip, a couple slices of Brie, 6 mini sausages wrapped in phyllo dough

Cheats:

*5 mini chocolate biscotti
          *5 bites flourless chocolate torte
          *4 mini Snickers candies
          *2 sugar cookies
          *tortilla chips
          *phyllo dough

Activity:

None
          Last edited by Carla; 10-31-2010, 07:02 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

34 weeks pregnant today!! I have my OB appointment today, then again in 2 weeks, then every week until my delivery date!

Monday - 11/1/2010: Day 11

Food:

7:30am: 1 cup decaf coffee w/ half and half

10am: 1 cup half caff coffee w/ half and half, 4 slices bacon, 3 eggs scrambled in bacon fat w/ 1/2 red bell pepper

11:30am: 1 medium apple

1:30pm: a couple of handfuls of red grapes

2:30pm: small slice flour-less chocolate torte, 1 glass skim milk (I normally go for the whole milk but this is all we have in the house!)

4pm: handful of pretzels... okay I really need to stop with all this junk snacking!!

8:30pm: grilled Italian sausage w/ carrots and cucumber on a toasted French bread roll, 1/4 French bread roll w/ butter and blackberry jelly

Cheats:

*small slice flour-less chocolate torte
            *handful of pretzels
            *1 1/4 French bread roll
            *blackberry jelly

Activity:

5:30am

Warm-up:

12 tire step-ups - ~20 in
            12 push-ups (mix of on toes and knees)
            3 rounds

Skill work:
            drop snatch w/ 25# bar

Work-out:

AMRAP in 20 minutes:
            10 squat snatch - 35#
            10 ring dips - w/ 1.5 in band
            10 KTE - more like knees to waist

Completed 4 rounds
            Last edited by Carla; 11-01-2010, 07:53 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

Exciting time, isn't it? Had any sonograms lately? (I always consider them sort of a fun way to "visit" the baby. Like a prison visit!)

... 9 hours of sleep?! How are you managing that? Do you sleepwalk to go pee?

Man, all that bacon sounds good. Wish I liked it. Everybody else seems to; I must be missing out!
              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                Exciting time, isn't it? Had any sonograms lately? (I always consider them sort of a fun way to "visit" the baby. Like a prison visit!)

... 9 hours of sleep?! How are you managing that? Do you sleepwalk to go pee?

Man, all that bacon sounds good. Wish I liked it. Everybody else seems to; I must be missing out!
                No sonograms since the 20 week visit where they checked that the baby was okay. All my visits since then have just consisted of them measuring externally to make sure she is growing.

9 hours straight is RARE! I usually have to get up but lately I've been trying to drink a lot of water during the day and then not drink anything 2 hours before bedtime. That helps...

Comment

It's tempting to limit water intake before bed, but I find I don't really feel right if I do that. Then again I love water.

They're kicking it up a notch with us -- starting next week we'll have weekly quick sonos to measure and check fluid levels. They didn't do that with DD #1 though -- they keep telling me not to worry about the contractions, but then mentioned the sonos in that context, so seems like that's what is making them extra cautious.

You and your exercise have inspired me to get my pool stuff together again. I haven't actually _gone_ to the pool but I plan/want to, and that's the first step. If I could just get myself to do a couple times a week before Baby Day, my abs will be that much better able to deal with it post c-section (or so I imagine.) As it is I'm far too whiny and chilly to go walking like we used to so... we'll see how that goes. The pool is heated, which is nice.
                  "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Tuesday- 11/2/2010: Day 12

Food:

9am - cup of coffee w/ half & half, 8 mini chocolate biscotti

1pm - From BBQ restaurant - 1 1/4 sausage links

2pm - handful of macadamia nuts

7pm - beef stew (beef, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef broth, carrots, & tomatoes)

Cheats:

*8 mini chocolate biscotti

Activity:

None

Comment

Wednesday - 11/3/2010: Day 13

Food:

5am - several handfuls of red grapes

8am - small half & half decaf latte

10:45am - 6 slices bacon, 3 eggs scrambled in bacon fat w/ 1/2 red bell pepper

11:30am - 1 medium apple w/ peanut butter

4:45pm - handful of macadamia nuts

7pm - beef stew (beef, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef broth, carrots, & tomatoes), 3/4 sausage link added into stew

Cheats:

None

Activity:

6:30am:

Warm-up:

400m run
                      KB skill work - 8kg

Workout:

1 minute each (score is total reps per round):
                      Row for calories
                      Kipping pull-ups
                      Slam ball - 12#
                      Front squat - 55#
                      Rest
                      4 rounds

56, 55, 58, 58
                      Last edited by Carla; 11-04-2010, 08:32 AM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

Thursday- 11/4/2010: Day 14

Food:

9am - 1 cup coffee w/ half & half, 5 mini chocolate biscotti

12pm - beef stew (beef, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef broth, carrots, & tomatoes)

2pm - handful of macadamia nuts, couple handfuls of red grapes

8:30pm - salad of spinach, cucumber, carrots, olive oil & red wine vinegar, beef stew (beef, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef broth, carrots, & tomatoes), small slice flour-less chocolate torte

Cheats:

*5 mini chocolate biscotti
                        *small slice flour-less chocolate torte

Activity:

6:30pm

Warm-up:

400m run
                        miscellaneous exercises w/ 10 & 15# plate

Work-out:

AMRAP in 15 minutes:
                        15 jumping pull-ups
                        Run ~150m
                        10 wall-ball - 10#

Completed 6 2/3 rounds
                        Last edited by Carla; 11-05-2010, 08:17 AM. Reason: Adding food & activity for the day.

Comment

What type of bar are you using for rows? (assuming you don't mean rowing machine)

I've been reading a lot about DIY gym equipment lately in relation to rows. Seems like that might be a good gateway exercise to pull-ups later.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                            What type of bar are you using for rows? (assuming you don't mean rowing machine)

I've been reading a lot about DIY gym equipment lately in relation to rows. Seems like that might be a good gateway exercise to pull-ups later.
                            It is a rowing machine I use. Rowing for calories is just a way that I can count something for the 1 minute interval of that workout.

Rowing has been a great substitute for running. I can still run but sometimes it is uncomfortable on the bladder!

Another good gateway into pull-ups is getting some iron woody bands. I used these on my pull-up bar prior to getting my pull-ups. They help take off some weight while you build up your upper body strength...

Comment

Yep, have some bands now. Haven't tried them yet but I expect they'll help!

Comment

Friday- 11/5/2010: Day 15

Food:

8am - 1 cup coffee w/ half & half

12pm - From Broadway Daily Bread Bakery: salad of spinach, bacon, turkey, ham, blue cheese, onions, avocado, olive oil & vinegar dressing, 1 large oatmeal & chocolate chip cookie

8pm - salad of spinach, carrots, cucumbers, grilled Italian sausage, and spicy creamy dressing, handful of macadamia nuts

11pm - 1 brownie (from broadway daily bread), glass of skim milk (I was so hungry! Got out of bed for this... )

Cheats:

*1 large oatmeal & chocolate chip cookie
                                *1 brownie

Activity:

None
                                Last edited by Carla; 11-05-2010, 09:06 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X