No announcement yet.

Primal Journal of Jazmin ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore ~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazmin - WAIT WHAT THEY SCRAPED OFF PART OF YOUR EYE?! haha that was my first reaction -- how did you keep your eye open the whole time? And why do you have to wait to have the other one done? I'm curious because I want to do some kind of corrective eye surgery too. It must be amazing to know that you could survive without the aid of glasses or contacts now!

Comment

• I have been wanting to get eye corrective surgery myself but honestly it terrifies me that they might make a mistake! eeeekkksss!!
      sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
        I lurve kitties, but they don't lurve me back. I am horribly and seriously allergic to them; hives, the inability to breathe and eyes so swollen I can't open them are just a few of the delightful things I experience if a cat so much as looks at me! It's such a shame cos I really, really want at least 2!

Kudos on the eye lasering, must feel great to have freedom from the specs.

Are you all done with exams yet??
        Awww, no kitties for you. Except maybe one of those hairless ones?

Eye lasering = awesome. 4-5 minutes of pure scariness (but no pain) followed by freedom for life. Not a bad trade.

Exams done, check! Thank goodness. Now to get my scores back ... they will not be as good as yours, but I'll take a passing score at this point!
        ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

• Both you and that cat are drop-dead gorgeous.
          Aw, shucks. Thank you Liza.

Comment

• Originally posted by imasin View Post
            jazmin - WAIT WHAT THEY SCRAPED OFF PART OF YOUR EYE?! haha that was my first reaction -- how did you keep your eye open the whole time? And why do you have to wait to have the other one done? I'm curious because I want to do some kind of corrective eye surgery too. It must be amazing to know that you could survive without the aid of glasses or contacts now!
            Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
            I have been wanting to get eye corrective surgery myself but honestly it terrifies me that they might make a mistake! eeeekkksss!!
            That's why you have to pick someone good and not go to the bargain shack LASIK center! I had the head of the UC Davis Eye Dept as my surgeon, and it made me feel a lot better about it all.

Ooooo, you don't have to hold your eye open. They numb it, then put in these little metal pieces to hold your eyelids back. You can't feel them at all, except it feels weird when they put them in. Weird but totally worth it in the end. I am thankful every morning when I don't have to find my glasses before I can get out of bed!

I had to wait to have the other eye done because my vision was too bad to have the regular LASIK, so I had to have one called PRK instead (thats why the eyeball-scraping - they don't do that for regular LASIK) But it leaves your vision kinda blurry for a few days so they don't want to do both at once and leave you helpless. With regular LASIK I think your vision is almost perfect immediately, so they just do both at once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I couldn't agree more. I am still mourning the sudden passing of my beloved pet panther about a month ago.
              [ATTACH]2608[/ATTACH]
              Oh, what a beauty! I am so sorry she is gone ... it's heartbreaking. I lost my own pet panther almost three years ago now, and I am still not over it. She was a doll. Her picture is hiding somewhere on my hard drive, but here's her brother, Tomato, who we lost to a neighbor's dog two years ago. I am not over him either...

IMGP0105..jpg

Originally posted by liza View Post
              Both you and that cat are drop-dead gorgeous.
              +10000000. What gorgeous felines!!!
              Last edited by jazmin; 12-17-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Congratulatiions on the lazer surgery and Happy New Year!

Comment

• Wow, great journal!

Cara
                  http://primroseandpaleo.wordpress.com

Comment

• Where are you Jazzy?! I miss you
                    My Journal

Comment

• yooo hooo i miss you too!!

Comment

Working...
                      X