No announcement yet.

Primal Challenge Journal (Bjerregaard)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Challenge Journal (Bjerregaard)

I'm all new to this, so I guess this will be my primal challenge - getting into the primal way of living...

So... one of my friends recommended this site to me.

And I must say, It's alle very fascinating stuff.

A life without bread? Is it really possible? Or even - sane?!?

So I've gone ahead and given it a shot.

I'm into my second day, and it seems to be working out really good for me. At my first day it seems I got rid of all my weird sugar cravings (I always have those in the afternoon), so that was a nice surprise of course.

Just out of curiosity, I counted all the calories of my meals the first day (and I'm not really a fan of counting calories) and it added up to approx 1000 calories (not at all starving). Now - I'd been living on 1200 calories before, and I was just hungry all the time. Needless to say I was a bit surprised (and very thrilled) by this.

I've been reading a lot of the stuff on these pages, and besides it being very entertaining (I read "10 Things to Tell People that Don’t “Get” the Primal Diet" - thought it was great!!) it's also very educational. So thanx Mark for this great site!

And now to the dailies:

B: 2 scrambled eggs, 3 tomates sliced and fried and some sliced mango and pineapple. Some milk for my coffee (not so primal I guess - but hey - still learning here).

L: Nupo shake. Maybe we only have it in Scandinavia - not really sure. It's a protein shake with added vitamins and minerals (Well - I was in a hurry).

S: Small mix of nuts and dried fruits. (Yum).

D: Beef filet. Green beens with avocado, mozzarella, tarragon vinegar, olive oil, chopped onions and garlic. I can definitely recommend that!

2 glasses of red wine. (Only on weekends).

WOD: Biking for ½ an hour, and 1 hours walking.

Tomorrow I'll do some lifting of heavy things... :-)

Meta

Copenhagen, Denmark

keep it going brother, You will have to educate yourself about what does work for you. Keep doing your research and you will think very differently than before.

Comment

Thanx for the reply ohiolopez!

(by the way - that would be "keep it going sister" :-))

Comment

Sister, sorry about the confusion.

Cool web site you have.

Comment

Thanx ohiolopez!

Wauw - approx 4 lbs in a week - and I'm eating more than I usually would. I'm in lack of a better word - flabbergasted!

Comment

I believe sugar and carbs cause your hunger pains when in reality you are not even hungry.

good luck

Comment

Dailies:

B: 2 scrambled eggs, 3 fried tomatoes and a mix of pineapple and mango. Yum.

... And a cup of coffee with milk (not so primal I guess - but I'll be cutting down on that).

S: Cherry tomatoes, bresaola salami and clementine.

L: Chicken, green beans, avocado, mozzarella, olive oil, terragon vinegar and a bit of basil on top. Lovely.

WOD

1 hour of walking

40 minutes workout.

Bought "The Biggest Loser – The Workout" (UK version).

Strenght training's great - cardio... not so much.

But it does have really good strength exercises (with dumbbells) like squats, lunges, dip and shoulder press, crunches, press ups etc.

Comment

So far it's going pretty good.

I think one of my challenges is going to be not eating any candy whatsoever.

So far so good!

Comment

How is the candy addiction.

Comment

No sugar cravings yet. :-) Thanx for asking!

I've been doing pretty good - if i may say so.

Kinda proud of myself.

Comment

Dailies:

B: Yogurt with blueberries, raspberries, sweet pineapple and mixed nuts. I love my breakfast desserts!!

L: Sliced chicken, a salad of tomato, red and yellow pepper, a bit of parmesan cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. - And a sweet potato salad (with a bit of crême fraice and Dijon mustard).

D: Goulash

WOD

Sprint: 10 minutes of rope skipping.

Intervals - 10 seconds skipping - 20 seconds rest.

Comment

I cant seem to get interested in exercising. then one of my bikes was stolen, I lfet my garage door open.

How are you keeeping you keeping count of your carbs?

Comment

Hmm - not really keeping count of them...

I used to count calories, but know I'm just so sick of weighing everythin. NO MORE WEIGHING! )

So now I just try to eat as primal as I can.

Comment

Dailies

B: Yogurt with mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, black currants) and nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews).

L: Puy lentils (they have a great nutty texture), tomatoes, sweet potatoes, lime juice and freshly chopped coriander.

You can actually just do the lentils with the lime juice and coriander. Great fast food!

D: Same as lunch. Why not?! It's so absolutely tasty!

S: Strawberries, melon and blueberries. Better than candy!

Didn't do any workouts today. Shame on me!

Only 1 hours walking... but that's gotta count for something right?

Comment

Working...
                            X