Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tick tick tick tick tick...

The hospital sounds lovely! The U.S. parallel is surgery in Mexico, where indeed the recovery is damn near spa-style.

Your blog now has its own spot on my iPhone (in the "Health" cluster). Looking SO forward to your updates!
    50 yo single mom
    5'3"
    Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

• Good luck and speedy recovery!
      Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
      Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
      "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• How exciting

Comment

• 0 Days, 21 Hours, 41 Minutes!!!

I'm packed, just need to drop the last minute toiletries and meds in my bag in the morning.

I posted my 'before' photos in my blog yesterday - YIKES! That was an exercise in humility let me tell you. Ah well, I can take comfort in the fact that hardly anyone is reading it and the fact that I won't look like that anymore in 48 hours.

It's a gorgeous day today, 29* with clear blue skies and a cool breeze. I'm taking the kids to the beach for a swim and then home for last minute tidying and organising. My neighbour is looking out for the house while we're gone so I have to drop doorkeys to her, along with all my cold food that won't last for the two weeks.
          I'm staying at Pete's tonight as his place is closer to the airport. We need to book a cab for 4am so the shorter the journey the better.

My next post will be from Kuala Lumpur - See you there!
          My Journal

Comment

• I'm SO excited for you!!!!
            Have a safe flight and an uneventful operation!
            I'll be checking your progress on your blog.
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Hi em, how very exciting about Malaysia, and "unemployment" and good scores at your birthday and christmas! I always read your journal as I have found your story very inspiring but dont often post, and I somehow missed your blog address, would love to take a look, its been handy referring friends to your journal who are starting primal this week in perth after seeing so many paleo / primal pages on my facebook. they have found it really helpful to know that there are other primals in perth. any who just a small request, could you link your blog?

all the best for Malaysia and the surgery!
              datto

Comment

• Good luck Em!! Am thinking of you and sending good vibrations!!!
                sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Thanks everyone, I'm doing pretty well, nearly 48 hours post-op now. I've updated my blog so I won't rehash it all here. Datto, the link is here.
                  My Journal

Comment

• Very brave of you to post the before pics. I hope all goes well with your recovery

Comment

• Hey Em, glad you're feeling better!
                      can't wait to see the "after" pictures =)
                      Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                      Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                      "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• YAY glad you are all good

Comment

• Hi Em! I'm following along on the blog, and am SO glad to hear that all went well! Enjoy your recovery time! I'm looking forward to the post-pics, too. Courageous woman, you!
                          50 yo single mom
                          5'3"
                          Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

• yay for feeling better and thanks for the link Em!

Comment

• Thanks

I'm feeling much better and starting to enjoy KL as a holiday now. This is a fantastic place, I would love to come here just for a holiday without having myself cut open. It's such a melting pot of nationalities, religions and cultures which makes it so colourful and interesting.

Right now it's the start of the Chinese lunar new year and it's the year of the Dragon so there's a lot of Chinese culture on view (there's a huge Chinese population here). The dragon is my favourite creature so I'm loving it all! We're heading into Chinatown tomorrow which should be fantastic!
                              My Journal

Comment

• hey em, just had a read of your blog. Glad to hear you are feeling better. wow you can really see the diff already in those before and after shots. man you are going to be such a hottie! and i havent forgotten the new wardrobe pete promised you!!!!

enjoy KL, I'd love to go there sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X