X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, my slow ass is totally behind.

Everything <3.

Just <3 Everything.

Congratulations on the 1.1 sista! And yay for happy relationships.

Have a perfect, wonderful, indulgent Easter.

Comment

• glad I can be inspirational at something!!! Today i cleaned my bedroom, bed pulled out, vacuumed underneath bed and whole room done THOROUGHLY, ie right in to skirtings with the special attachment, dusted thoroughly, wardrobe cleaned out, shit thrown out or pics taken to sell on trade me! I am lying in bed now in a spotlessly clean room, I love it!!!!!!!!! I was lying on sofa in my spotlessly clean lounge tonight thinking how much i love it too!!

Comment

• I'm taking a break from cleaning. I started at one end of the house this morning and I'm about half way across and I need to stop for a minute!!

I worked 2 night-shifts in a row Sunday and Monday nights and they fucked me up! I only managed to sleep for 4 hours during the day on Monday so I nearly plowed into a pillar driving home on Tuesday morning. I was dangerously tired! I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Everything is good food-wise. I'm feeling significantly thinner which is nice. I had an epiphany this week though. What was different about my life these past 3 weeks when I've had big weight losses?

I didn't work any night-shifts.

I was listening to TS Wiley (author of Lights Out: Sleep, sugar and survival) on the Underground Wellness podcast the other day and she was talking about how night shifts really stuff you up, hormones out of whack, higher rates of cancer, heart disease, obesity etc.. and I suddenly realised that I hadn't done any night work when I was losing weight.

I guess we'll see what happens now I'm back to my normal routine. Hopefully there's no connection and I'll continue to lose weight. One thing to come out of this though, I'll be bloody glad when my degree is done and I can start my grad program and give up the nights. They really are not good for a body!

Ok, back to the housework....
        My Journal

Comment

• Interesting connection between night shift work and weight loss, Em. Hadn't thought of that before, but that could definitely throw someone's hormone levels out of whack!
          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Yes I think thats an interesting connection about the night shift too. When I'm not sleeping well I just feel fatter!

Enjoy your nice clean house

Comment

• Interesting about the night shift stuff! I read Lights Out and thought it very interesting. I really try to get enough sleep, but you know how that is!

The other thing that's new is your thyroid meds. You've been on them how long now? They take a while to get things moving, but if you're on the right ones a few months might be enough to start seeing some healing and adjusting in that area. Just a thought!!

Regardless, glad you're feeling good!
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                Wow, my slow ass is totally behind.

Everything <3.

Just <3 Everything.

Congratulations on the 1.1 sista! And yay for happy relationships.

Have a perfect, wonderful, indulgent Easter.
                LOL same!!! and same and same <3

i love that you're feeling thinner Em! i know what you mean--it's so uplifting!
                live mindfully.
                she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                  Interesting connection between night shift work and weight loss, Em. Hadn't thought of that before, but that could definitely throw someone's hormone levels out of whack!
                  Yeah, according to TS Wiley everything gets stuffed up, melatonin, cortisol, sex hormones. I'm sure that I'll survive the 3 years of night-duty that I will have done by the time I finish, but I'm glad I don't have to do it for ever.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                  Enjoy your nice clean house
                  I am!

Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                  The other thing that's new is your thyroid meds. You've been on them how long now? They take a while to get things moving, but if you're on the right ones a few months might be enough to start seeing some healing and adjusting in that area. Just a thought!!
                  Yeah, I think this is the key for sure. Didn't matter what I did when I my thyroid levels were hypo. It's been 3 months since I started treatment and I guess that my body is happy with my hormone levels now.

Originally posted by Coconut Girl View Post
                  i love that you're feeling thinner Em! i know what you mean--it's so uplifting!
                  You betcha!

So am having a break again in the cleaning. I'm doing bedrooms and bathrooms today. Nearly done and then I can start ploughing through the washing! A woman's work is never done... *sigh*

I got an iPhone today!! I'm very excited, I've had this crappy godawful Samsung piece of shit on contract for the last 2 years and not a day has gone by that I haven't wanted to throw the useless piece of shit out the window (can you tell I hated it? ). Now I never have to use it again.. Huzzah!

I'm making roast pork for dinner tonight. I've never yet managed to get good crackling and I'm hoping that I can change that today. I have to do a bit of research online to see where I'm going wrong. I promise to photograph the results (good or bad) so y'all can see how I go.

Eats yesterday:
                  B: Coffee
                  L: Smoothie made with WPI, raw milk and peaches
                  D: Grass-fed beef sausages, baked potato and brussel sprouts, steamed then browned in butter.

You know I used to loathe brussel sprouts as a kid, always over-cooked and sulpher-y. If you lightly steam them, brown them in some fat and season with plenty of salt and pepper, they turn into a completely different vegetable. They're amazing!

Ok, back to the vacuuming....
                  My Journal

Comment

• I did it!

I read up on pork crackling and everyone said start with a dry rind then rub with oil and salt. I figured if oil was good, bacon dripping would be even better and I was right! It was perfick!
                    My Journal

Comment

• Yum
                      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

• That looks ridiculously delicious. Crap. Now I'm starving. Damn you!
                        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                          Damn you!
                          That exclaimation goes remarkably well with your profile picture.
                          My Journal

Comment

• Ooooh crackling!! I lurve crackling! Yum!

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post

Thanks hon! I would love to come back to Scotland for a visit. I will do that one day, I'm determined to do some travelling with my kids once I'm qualified. My girlfriend has taken off around the world with her new hubby and is working (she's a nurse too) her way through Europe at the moment. I know it's harder with kids, but I'd love them to see the world. I never have really and it would be such a fantastic experience.
                            That sounds wonderful!
                            We always say that if we ever won the lottery, the first thing we would do (after making sure the important people in our lives are taken care of) is buy a motor-home and take off to travel the world with the kids. Our middle one has ASD so wouldn't cope well with all the changes involved in most travel but he adores the caravan and I think a motor-home would give him that same sense of home from home security so we could all enjoy travelling. Total pipe dream but you never know!!

The night shift thing is interesting. Hubbie was working nights until he switched jobs recently and was on a 2 weeks nights, 2 weeks days rota. Over the few years he was doing that we both put on a lot of weight! I didn't sleep well when he wasn't here and our meal routines were all to pot. We were under a lot of stress at the same time but it does make me wonder if it played a part especially for him. I am glad he is on regular day shifts now. I hope you get through the shift back to nights OK.

Enjoy the clean house, crackling and iPhone!!
                            Bee
                            Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
                            Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
                            My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

Comment

• Yum, that pork looks divine! Way to go!
                              My Primal Journal

Comment

• i am not a big pork eater, but yes indeedy, that pork does look divine!!! As for the brussel sprouts, yes I want to grow some in my garden this winter. When we were out for dinner the other night, we could have ordered them for a side dish. I was going to (the fireman wasnt keen but I convinced him it was a good idea) but then when the waitress came to take our order I completely forgot. Oh well never mind!

I had a wee laugh about your phone. A few years ago I decided to get a new phone but didnt want to pay the earth for the latest nokia, and ended up getting a LG piece of shit (I may have got it free with my plan or maybe I paid $50 for it, cant remember) Anyway 1 week of listening to me moan constantly every day about what a worthless piece of shite it was, the fireman took me to get a new phone and I paid him back. Best money I ever spent on my new Nokia! Have been contemplating an iphone, but think it would be wasted on me. Nothing wrong with my nokia so no doubt it will do me another 2 years quite happily. I seem to hang on to phones as long as I do cars, ie. a looooooooong time!

Comment

Working...
                                X