No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck. Hit a hotkey and went back a page, so I lost my post. Bah. Short version:

I actually like your picture of Bell's Rapids better. The colours are awesome!

Great news about the ability to go with fewer hours with the department, if needed. Always nice when accommodations can be reached!

Originally posted by NourishedEm
    The main and best thing to come out of this week is that we know that we want to be together. The logistics will have to work themselves out with time. We'll just have to see what life throws at us I guess.
    Bingo! And things will definitely work themselves out, or rather you'll both work them out together.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Cool to see the rapids! We're having flooding around here so it's kind of neat (in an abstract way) to see someplace having the opposite problem! Good luck with your relationship discussions. I think knowing there's something to talk about and then talking about it makes huge progress toward finding a solution! Things will work out for you guys. And congrats on the jeans!
      My Primal Journal

Comment

• I just watched this...

I know I'm a bit slow off the mark and you've probably already watched this. If not pour yourself a coffee/wine and have a listen. It's rather compelling.
        My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
          Have a great Easter weekend, and enjoy the twins' birthday! Sorry, can't empathize with your feeling old with them being 8...my first turns 16 in a month!!
          My baby turns 16 in June...

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
          I'll be 46 when mine turn 16!
          I'll be a month away from 47...

But due to the terribly dry few years we've just been through, now look like this....
          Wow! What a difference!

The VFF KSO's got a workout today. It's the first time that I've done any real hiking in them and I was very impressed with how well they went.
          Good!

I fasted today and in hindsight that was not such a great idea given that I was doing some fairly intense climbing. I had a couple of really dizzy spells and I felt like my blood sugar was in my boots by the end.
          Probably not the "bestest" idea...

So I spoke to the staff development nurses in Theatre on my last day and they encouraged me to apply for the grad program.

So....... It looks like we can make it happen!! It's a bit exciting!
          This is Excellent!!!

Pete and I have had some pretty intense discussions this week.

We'll just have to see what life throws at us I guess.
          You'll figure it out.

I found out today that I can get into my old jeans again!! They're a little tight to be comfortable just yet but I can get them on and done up which is a HUGE accomplishment. Another couple of months and they'll be too big. How's that for ambition?
          EXCELLENT!!!!

And I think that's a perfectly awesome ambition!!

I just watched this...

I know I'm a bit slow off the mark and you've probably already watched this. If not pour yourself a coffee/wine and have a listen. It's rather compelling.
          I've watched the 1st half of it and then my computer "times out" My high speed isn't very high. I'll have to see it I can find it in 10 minute sections...
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• OMG!!! You're not going to believe this!!!! I weighed in this morning and......

I lost another 1.1kg!!!!

That's 3.4kg (7.5lbs) in 3 weeks!!!!!

I know this will slow down eventually, but this fast pace kinda makes up for the past 8 months of no movement at all.

I'm a very happy girl today.
            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
              Yeah, but I started in my 30's so I can't help feeling old. I'll be 46 when mine turn 16!
              I started in my thirties too. However, I was almost 50 when my twins turned 16. They turn 21 in July. So, while you may feel old, from my vantage point, you're far from it.

Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

Comment

• woohoo! grats on the success! also, loved the photos

sorry, brain still on the fritz... not much capacity left today. LOL <3
                live mindfully.
                she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

I lost another 1.1kg!!!!

I know this will slow down eventually, but this fast pace kinda makes up for the past 8 months of no movement at all.

I'm a very happy girl today.
                  I am SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse
                  "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                  "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• fantastic em!!!!!!!! so you've totally found your mojo!!! In more ways than one. weight loss, potential job, lovelife! Isnt that just fantastic...

I have watched first half of lustigs lecture, but kind of got a bit bored halfway (it is very long) I do keep meaning to go back and watch the last half. have you read gary taubes latest article in the NYT about sugar

Comment

• Woohoo Em!! Look at you go!! Good food, great job, fun busy life and weight heading downwards!! Awesome stuff!!

Sounds like you and Pete have a wonderful relationship and things will pan out for the pair of you as long as you keep the communication open like you are doing.

The picture of the rapids is amazing!! You should come over here for a visit! Plenty of green around these parts! Plenty of cold, wet weather to go with it as well mind...lol! Actually we are having amazing weather right now for the time of year and thoroughly enjoying it. Usually everything still has at least a dusting of white over it at this time of year but this year everything is blooming already and the trees and fields are all green

The grad programme sounds perfect for you. Good luck with the application
                      Bee
                      Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
                      Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
                      My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

Comment

I lost another 1.1kg!!!!

I dunno. I think you broke through the plateau, so you might be seeing some steady loss for a while yet. That said, I wouldn't try to think about it too much. As long as you're doing well and eating/living healthfully, it's all good. Of course, weight loss on top of that is even better!

Congrats!
                        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Congrats!
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

• hello! congrats on the loss

weight loss is a weird thing, i was reading something about how fat cells can store water for a while even after letting go of fat, so sometimes when it starts coming off it *alllll* starts coming off!

Comment

• Fantastic. I think the message to take away from this is that it is important to be healthy to lose weight effortlessly. Treat PB like just another diet and you may succeed or fail. But follow all the laws and treat it as a way to be healthy and you will be rewarded (acute illness excepted)

Congrats
                              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellie G View Post
                                Cool to see the rapids! We're having flooding around here so it's kind of neat (in an abstract way) to see someplace having the opposite problem!
                                Yeah, funny how we like what we don't have. You guys are complaining about the cold and wet and I'm complaining about the heat and drought... We should do a house-swap!

Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                                I started in my thirties too. However, I was almost 50 when my twins turned 16. They turn 21 in July. So, while you may feel old, from my vantage point, you're far from it.

Congratulations on the weight loss!!!
                                Thanks Marcadav, it's all a matter of perspective isn't it? I just get freaked out that I managed to get to nearly 40 without really noticing! One day I'll be 90 wondering htf did that happen!?

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                I am SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Me too W'n'C. Thanks.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                                fantastic em!!!!!!!! so you've totally found your mojo!!! In more ways than one. weight loss, potential job, lovelife! Isnt that just fantastic... have you read gary taubes latest article in the NYT about sugar
                                Everything's coming up Emma right now!

Yeah, I did read that article. Shared it on Facebook too, but I'm fairly certain none of my CW friends read it. You can lead a horse to water....

Random thought..... did you ever hear the story about how Dorothy Parker was asked to use the word horticulture in a sentence? She said "you can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" HA!! Sorry, that 'horse to water' proverb always makes me think of that story.

Originally posted by mummybeelee View Post
                                Woohoo Em!! Look at you go!! Good food, great job, fun busy life and weight heading downwards!! Awesome stuff!!

The picture of the rapids is amazing!! You should come over here for a visit! Plenty of green around these parts! Plenty of cold, wet weather to go with it as well mind...lol! Actually we are having amazing weather right now for the time of year and thoroughly enjoying it. Usually everything still has at least a dusting of white over it at this time of year but this year everything is blooming already and the trees and fields are all green
                                Thanks hon! I would love to come back to Scotland for a visit. I will do that one day, I'm determined to do some travelling with my kids once I'm qualified. My girlfriend has taken off around the world with her new hubby and is working (she's a nurse too) her way through Europe at the moment. I know it's harder with kids, but I'd love them to see the world. I never have really and it would be such a fantastic experience.

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                I dunno. I think you broke through the plateau, so you might be seeing some steady loss for a while yet. That said, I wouldn't try to think about it too much. As long as you're doing well and eating/living healthfully, it's all good. Of course, weight loss on top of that is even better!

Congrats!
                                Yeah, I'm trying not to overthink it. My little disclaimer is really a warning to myself to not get disappointed if and when things slow down which they inevitably will. However I'm perfectly happy to well and truly blast my way through this plateau!

Originally posted by imasin View Post
                                hello! congrats on the loss

weight loss is a weird thing, i was reading something about how fat cells can store water for a while even after letting go of fat, so sometimes when it starts coming off it *alllll* starts coming off!
                                Hi Imasin and thanks for dropping by. Do you remember what it was you were reading by any chance? I would love to think that it's *alllll* gonna come off now!

Originally posted by peril View Post
                                Fantastic. I think the message to take away from this is that it is important to be healthy to lose weight effortlessly. Treat PB like just another diet and you may succeed or fail. But follow all the laws and treat it as a way to be healthy and you will be rewarded (acute illness excepted)

Congrats
                                Hey Peril, you are absolutely correct. Without the knowledge that I was doing this for my health I would have struggled gamely along for a month or so and then, after no change, would have moved on to the next weight-loss craze. I think that's what a lot of people who come and go around here do. I wish I could explain to some of them the benefits to be had from being patient and allowing your health issues to heal, but you've got to be in the right place in order to really hear it. Most people coming here simply for weight-loss aren't.

It's 10am on Easter Sunday and I'm lying in bed at Pete's house with a creamy coffee and a small Lindt 70% easter egg that he brought me. I am feeling extremely indulgent.

I've got to get up soon and go home though as I have to start cleaning my house. Inspired by Suse I'm going to move all my furniture around and have a damn good clean behind and under everything as I do it. It'll take me a couple of days as I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, but I'm keen to get started.

Work is going to be weird after 3 weeks off. My patients will be conscious again! It should be reletively quiet though due to the Easter weekend. All the surgeons will be away so it'll only be emergency cases that come up to the ward. Luckily Easter traditionally isn't as bad for emergencies as say, New Year's Eve or St Paddy's Day, but we shall see I guess.

Alright, I should move my lazy arse I suppose. Have a great Easter Sunday everyone. Don't eat too much chocolate!
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X