Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
    This may actually be a really good solution.
    Yeah, I just need to find my own Mary Poppins

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    Woohooo! Great stuff! Is that a plateau-breaker, or are you finding your weight loss to be fairly linear thus far?
    Oh honey I wish!! In total I have lost 3 kgs since September last year. I lose a pound, gain a pound. I was up 3 kgs at the beginning of the year from when I started, so I've lost just shy of 6kg since the beginning of the year.
    I've had a lot of hormonal problems to sort out plus I've experimented a lot with macro ratios till I've found what works all round. I have my fingers crossed that this downward trend will continue, but I'm hopeful as this is the first time I've lost for 2 weeks in a row!

Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
    Yay Em!!! I find my weight loss all comes in chunks. Nothing, nothing, nothing..... Boom. Nothing, nothing...Boom. LOL. I'm used to it now so I don't let it get me. I think that with hormonal /endocrine issues it tends to work that way... no linear allowed!
    If that's how it happens I'll take it. I'm just stoked to be losing at all after so long!

I think your heat came here!!! Yesterday it was 90 at my house, and 80 all the way past 6PM. Nice, but when you're trying to keep makeup from running down your face for a photo shoot... not so much! Luckily my friend who did my make up is a pro. She sprayed something magical on it and my makeup stayed put! But yeah... it's in the 80s right now here...
    Hooray for magic makeup spray! I need to get my some of that!

I haven't been too hungry today either. Wierd! I ate a tiny bit at about noon yesterday, then didn't eat until after the shoot, when I had a small meal. Then nothing so far... I could use me a good WHOOSH that's fo sho!!
    Funny huh? Back in the day I would have eaten anyway, because it was 'time' now I just go with it, it if means one good meal a day on that day then I'm happy.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
    Hey em, checking in on journals after a weekend away from the comp! Great stuff on the weight loss, great stuff on finding somethign that you really feel passionate about, great stuff on some great sleep!

Is there any way Pete can help you with your kids when you go full time?
    Thanks Suse, I'm stoked about the weight loss and the job possibilities.

Pete...? Mmmm there's an unfortunate story there that I don't have time to talk about now. I'll fill you in tonight.

Ooops, I have to leave for work! Have a good day everyone!
    My Journal

Comment

• Boom Boom. Way to go
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

• uh oh!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nourishedem View Post
          1.3kg down!!!

that's 2.3 kg in 2 weeks! I'm the lowest weight i've been in over a year!!! Woohoo!!

As you can probably tell, i'm pretty happy.
          excellent!!!!!
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
            Oh honey I wish!! In total I have lost 3 kgs since September last year. I lose a pound, gain a pound. I was up 3 kgs at the beginning of the year from when I started, so I've lost just shy of 6kg since the beginning of the year.

I've had a lot of hormonal problems to sort out plus I've experimented a lot with macro ratios till I've found what works all round. I have my fingers crossed that this downward trend will continue, but I'm hopeful as this is the first time I've lost for 2 weeks in a row!
            Best downward trend ever. Grats on the two weeks in a row, Em -- definitely got my fingers crossed that it's a long-term pattern!

I think there are a lot of people (myself included, I'll admit) who don't appreciate or understand how tough weight loss can be for some people, no matter how someone changes their life or how identical one person's eating/lifestyle is to another's. At the end of the day, though, even with ups and downs, the PB's probably a healthier lifestyle for most people to switch to.
            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• I appreciate and understand it
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                I think there are a lot of people (myself included, I'll admit) who don't appreciate or understand how tough weight loss can be for some people, no matter how someone changes their life or how identical one person's eating/lifestyle is to another's. At the end of the day, though, even with ups and downs, the PB's probably a healthier lifestyle for most people to switch to.
                That is the TRUTH! With all the stoopid Calories in/Calories out discussions around here, makes me wanna shove someone into my shoes and see what they say then. Asshats.
                sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Congratulations Em! I'm thrilled for you!

It IS hard.

While being infinitely healthier (and tastier) than my CW weight loss, over the last year it's been a lot harder too. How nice it would be to be one of those girls that can drop fat while eating 2000+ calories, but some of us it's an uphill battle all the way. I guess it makes the results all the more delicious when they do come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                    Best downward trend ever. Grats on the two weeks in a row, Em -- definitely got my fingers crossed that it's a long-term pattern!
                    Thanks, me too

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                    Oh for sure. Let me tell you, if I thought of this as just a 'diet' I'd have given up long ago! I know that I am 100 times healthier than when I started and that would be enough to eat and move this way for ever (besides it being ridiculouslyly easy and delicious). The weight loss is a very, very nice side-effect however.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                    I appreciate and understand it
                    Yeah, I know you do W'n'C. But we're both getting there now.... finally!!

That is the TRUTH! With all the stoopid Calories in/Calories out discussions around here, makes me wanna shove someone into my shoes and see what they say then. Asshats.
                    Oh, that thread!! It seriously made me want to punch someone! How fucking obtuse and irrational can a person be?!

Btw, I had never before heard the term asshats before coming to this forum. It makes me chuckle.

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    Congratulations Em! I'm thrilled for you!

It IS hard.

While being infinitely healthier (and tastier) than my CW weight loss, over the last year it's been a lot harder too. How nice it would be to be one of those girls that can drop fat while eating 2000+ calories, but some of us it's an uphill battle all the way. I guess it makes the results all the more delicious when they do come.
                    You betcha! I think I'm gonna break my scales with all the jigging that's being going on while I'm standing on them recently.

Oh God!!! I will be so glad when these two weeks are over. Only 2 more days to go!! I'm still having an excellent time and loving the work BUT I'm so tired I could sleep for a week. What with the full-time work and having homework to do at night as well, I haven't had more than 7 hours sleep in days.... about 5 last night!!

On top of that, Pete and I are having major difficulties, not fighting but we're at one of those relationship turning points and the negotiations are a little stressful! I'll talk some more about it on the weekend when I've got time.

I miss my kids dreadfully. They've been with their Dad for most of the last two weeks and I hate not seeing them regularly. My house feels so quiet when I get home! Charlie has been getting a lotta love to try and compensate me for all the missed kiddie-snuggles. It's not really working, cute as he is.

Eating is going well, I've settled back down to my normal food-free morning schedule now I'm used to the work hours. Back to a 6 hour eating window which is good. My stomach is soooo much flatter with those couple of kilos gone! Exercise... well, I'm just not doing anything extra. I'm running up and down stairs whenever I can and of course I stand all day, but I haven't done any training at all. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into it after this week is up.

Easter this weekend and ANZAC day which mean it's also the twins birthdays! Yikes they're going to be 8!! I feel so old!!! Plus my Ma arrives for a visit at the end of next week. I'm really looking forward to this week off from Uni with the kids at home and my Ma here. It'll be fun and relaxing, just what I need.

I have about 30 subscribed threads I have to catch up on, including all your journals which I will get to I promise. I'm being a terribly neglectful internet friend atm! I hope you're all doing great and looking forward to the long weekend holiday.

Oh shit, it's time to leave for work again... peace!
                    My Journal

Comment

• Hope you get a chance to slow life down a bit over Easter!! Sounds like some things are wound a bit too tightly for comfort.
                      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• *just a drive by "hello" and sending my "lurrrrve"* hang in there & get some rest soon!!! <3
                        live mindfully.
                        she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

• Hey Em, just catching up myself. Awesome on finding your niche in the OR...it's not really my thing, but there's always cool stuff to see in there. Fabulous to hear such enthusiasm about your choice, and as far as the logistics of the theatre postgrad program, it will work out.

Big congrats on the two week in a row losses ! You're obviously finding the right track for you. Very cool.

Have a great Easter weekend, and enjoy the twins' birthday! Sorry, can't empathize with your feeling old with them being 8...my first turns 16 in a month!!
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• You're just one fantastic whirlwind! Wooosh! LOL

You should busy, but also happy, in spite of the relationship stuff and missing the kiddos. It's just a phase in the ebb and flow of life. It'll pass in no time.

Have a wonderful Friday! And if I don't catch you sooner, Happy Easter!

Comment

• Hi Em

Just stopping in to say Happy Easter, and so damned happy to read about the weight loss too. Hope everything else settles down for you. Have a great break.

Yeah, I can't empathise about the 8 year olds, either - my grandchildren are here this weekend. Now how the hell did THAT happen, lol. I swear I'm still 19 . . .
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                                Hey Em, just catching up myself. Awesome on finding your niche in the OR...it's not really my thing, but there's always cool stuff to see in there. Fabulous to hear such enthusiasm about your choice, and as far as the logistics of the theatre postgrad program, it will work out.
                                I think it already has... see below.

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                                Big congrats on the two week in a row losses! You're obviously finding the right track for you. Very cool.
                                I know, right? I'm giddy!

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                                Have a great Easter weekend, and enjoy the twins' birthday! Sorry, can't empathize with your feeling old with them being 8...my first turns 16 in a month!!
                                Yeah, but I started in my 30's so I can't help feeling old. I'll be 46 when mine turn 16!

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                                You're just one fantastic whirlwind! Wooosh! LOL

You should busy, but also happy, in spite of the relationship stuff and missing the kiddos. It's just a phase in the ebb and flow of life. It'll pass in no time.
                                They're home now so it's all good. I have one of Pete's kids here atm too for a sleepover so my house is very loud now... was that me complaining about the silence!?

Originally posted by Jac View Post
                                Just stopping in to say Happy Easter, and so damned happy to read about the weight loss too. Hope everything else settles down for you. Have a great break.

Yeah, I can't empathise about the 8 year olds, either - my grandchildren are here this weekend. Now how the hell did THAT happen, lol. I swear I'm still 19 . . .
                                Lol, my mum says the same thing, but she's a young gran like you, she was only 18 when she had me, so even though I waited till 30, that only made her 48 when she first became a nanna.

I too am damned happy about the weight loss!

So.... prac is finally finished and we've had a great Good Friday. We went to Bells Rapids, which normally looks like this....

But due to the terribly dry few years we've just been through, now look like this....

Here's some of the scrub we have around here, it's beautiful in it's own way, but maybe some of you can appreciate why I want to move somewhere green...

The VFF KSO's got a workout today. It's the first time that I've done any real hiking in them and I was very impressed with how well they went. I did lots of scrambling up and down some pretty steep slopes and over the rocks you saw when we crossed the 'river' but they held up great. The grip was good and being able to really hold on to the rocks as I was clambering over them was excellent.

I fasted today and in hindsight that was not such a great idea given that I was doing some fairly intense climbing. I had a couple of really dizzy spells and I felt like my blood sugar was in my boots by the end. I think I'll save my weekly 24hr fasts for a day that I'm not doing too much physically.

So I spoke to the staff development nurses in Theatre on my last day and they encouraged me to apply for the grad program. Apparently I got some good feedback from the nurses I worked with there which is very nice. I explained my home situation to them and they assured me that they are a very family friendly department. I can apparently get a shorter roster, anywhere from 63 hours a fortnight up to the normal 78. 63 hours is 9 x 7hr shifts in a fortnight which means I could finish at 3.30 everyday. That means I could get home in time for the kids!! I also am going to work out for my ex to have them every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in exchange for his weekend time. That also means I only need to worry about Thursday and Friday mornings and Pete has said he would be happy to drop the kids off on those days. So....... It looks like we can make it happen!! It's a bit exciting!

Pete and I have had some pretty intense discussions this week. I wanted to get some idea of where we were headed, if anywhere. I don't want anything to change right now, but I don't know if I'll be happy to live like this forever. I also don't know if I actually want to live together either, part of me suspects that I'm thinking about it because it's the 'done' thing. We'd need a pretty enormous house if we were to live together given that we have 5 kids between us and we'd need to buy a bus to ferry us all around! The flip side though is that we live this way until at least some of our kids leave home and that's not happening for about the next 10 years. Things got a bit emotional when we were discussing it and we're still not sure of where things are headed. The main and best thing to come out of this week is that we know that we want to be together. The logistics will have to work themselves out with time. We'll just have to see what life throws at us I guess.

Weigh-in day tomorrow, will be interesting to see if I've lost anything this week. I found out today that I can get into my old jeans again!! They're a little tight to be comfortable just yet but I can get them on and done up which is a HUGE accomplishment. Another couple of months and they'll be too big. How's that for ambition?
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X