Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I also found out today that I can go back to theatre for my long 5 week prac in september/october. They usually don't like you to repeat a placement but since I'm such a theatre junkie and so excited about the whole process and I'm applying for the theatre grad program for next year, they've decided to let me go ahead. Woohoo!
    Quite simply: that's fucking awesome! Go Em!!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Hooray, sounds awesome!
      My Primal Journal

Comment

I'm just exhausted, happily, smilingly exhausted!

Today... drumroll please.... I got to scrub in and do the case myself!!

It was super-cool!

I also found out today that I can go back to theatre for my long 5 week prac in september/october. They usually don't like you to repeat a placement but since I'm such a theatre junkie and so excited about the whole process and I'm applying for the theatre grad program for next year, they've decided to let me go ahead. Woohoo!
        I LOVE reading about your placement!!!!
        I can "feel" your excitement in your posts!
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Em, that's totally awesome!! Love that they've made it possible for you to stay with your passion!!

Re the standing, I think you're right about giving it time - I asked my hairdresser about it today, in fact. She said it was hard and tiring for a little while, but she now has awesome leg muscles and joints
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Woohoo!!!!!

This is where we all scream and jump up and down.

I'm so happy and exhausted for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
              Your excitement is contagious! )
              Originally posted by Patrick View Post
              Quite simply: that's fucking awesome! Go Em!!
              Originally posted by Ellie G View Post
              Hooray, sounds awesome!
              Originally posted by winencandy View Post
              I LOVE reading about your placement!!!!
              I can "feel" your excitement in your posts!
              Thanks lovely people!

Originally posted by Jac View Post
              Em, that's totally awesome!! Love that they've made it possible for you to stay with your passion!!

Re the standing, I think you're right about giving it time - I asked my hairdresser about it today, in fact. She said it was hard and tiring for a little while, but she now has awesome leg muscles and joints
              Yeah, I reckon you're right. I don't think this 2 weeks is going to be enough to get used to it, but I'm thinking of setting up a standing workstation here at home to do all my studying and web-surfing at. I may as well take advantage of this momentum right?

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
              Woohoo!!!!!

This is where we all scream and jump up and down.

I'm so happy and exhausted for you!
              Thanks honey.

So, I missed a day again. It's Saturday morning and I've just woken up from the best sleep ever! I got a solid 9 1/2 hours, I don't even think I moved! I was so tired last night and my shins were aching after another full day of standing, but I've had an awesome week.

I'm excited about next year but I'm starting to get a little caught up in all the logistics. I really don't know how I'm going to manage the full-time hours with my kids. I could always move closer to the hospital, but that means changing the kids school and moving away from their father, he works 5 minutes from home, so he can't drive for 20 minutes to drop them at school and then get back in time to start work. The only real option is if I can drop the kids with their Dad in the morning and he takes them to school. He would then have to pick them up after school and keep them until I get home from work. This would be an ideal situation with the kids in daycare less BUT I don't know if he'll do it. I tried to bring it up with him the other day, but his response was, let's talk about it closer to the time. That's all very well, but we need to sort this out. I have to apply for this grad program in July, so it's not like I'm worrying about things that are in the far distant future. I tell you, this would be far easier if I wasn't a single mum. However, the alternative option (not having left my loser of a husband) isn't worth contemplating, so I guess I just need to harden the fuck up and get on with it!

Food wise, I've been primal as usual. I didn't lose any more weight this week, which is surprising given the enormous increase in physical activity that has occured but I maintained the 1kg loss from last week, so I'm happy.

I haven't done any exercise except incidental stuff. I've been taking the stairs at work and at the train stations instead of elevators/escalators and of course I've been standing 8 hours a day. I'm going to knock out a weight training session today as my upper body feels a bit neglected.

I won't bother posting my food as it's been pretty much the same everyday. I made a huge pot of beef and marrow stew last weekend and I've been eating that everyday. Delicious but boring.
              I have also been eating breakfast everyday but waiting till 10am tea-break at work to eat it, it makes for a larger eating window, but I was getting too hungry to wait till lunch to eat. That's been greek yoghurt, blueberries and a few chopped brazils/almonds. Again, delicious but boring.

Weekend plans... I have to clean my house today, it's a pigsty! This afternoon, Pete and I are taking our kids swimming and then dinner and a movie at his place. Tomorrow, I have to plough through the weeks washing and do some homework for my prac that's due on Monday. I may also take the kids for a trek through the bush as it's going to be a nice mild day tomorrow. It's bloody hot again today 36*C! It's supposed to be autumn ffs!!

Have an excellent weekend everyone.
              My Journal

Comment

• Hi Em!

Hope you are having a fun and productive weekend! Congrats on your enthusiasm being recognized sufficiently to bend the rules in your favor!!

Here's an unsolicited tip about negotiating with your ex (from both personal and professional experience) - think about in what way the plan you propose might meet *his* needs - like, does it mean he would get more actual parenting time than he does now? More frequent contact with the kids? More ability to work with them on school work? Whatever you think might be of interest to him, see how this plan might meet those needs. Then, pitch the plan making note of those things...

I totally believe that your passion will guide you, and all will work out as it should.

Wishing you cooler weather!

p.s. have you thought about making your trip to the U.S. include PrimalCon 2012?
                50 yo single mom
                5'3"
                Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

The only real option is if I can drop the kids with their Dad in the morning and he takes them to school. He would then have to pick them up after school and keep them until I get home from work. This would be an ideal situation with the kids in daycare less BUT I don't know if he'll do it. I tried to bring it up with him the other day, but his response was, let's talk about it closer to the time. That's all very well, but we need to sort this out.
                  Originally posted by Aila View Post
                  Here's an unsolicited tip about negotiating with your ex (from both personal and professional experience) - think about in what way the plan you propose might meet *his* needs - like, does it mean he would get more actual parenting time than he does now? More frequent contact with the kids? More ability to work with them on school work? Whatever you think might be of interest to him, see how this plan might meet those needs. Then, pitch the plan making note of those things...
                  I agree, get him to see "what's in it for him".

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                  Weekend plans... I have to clean my house today, it's a pigsty! This afternoon, Pete and I are taking our kids swimming and then dinner and a movie at his place. Tomorrow, I have to plough through the weeks washing and do some homework for my prac that's due on Monday. I may also take the kids for a trek through the bush as it's going to be a nice mild day tomorrow. It's bloody hot again today 36*C! It's supposed to be autumn ffs!!
                  Your weekend sounds wonderful!
                  "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse
                  "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                  "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• There is nothing like a great sleep, where you wake up and feel perfectly rested, and you just go "Ahhh....."

A standing work station is a great idea. I keep thinking I need to toss the sofa and get a treadmill with a surface for my laptop.

Aww I hope you don't get bogged down in the details and start worrying over things. I second the suggestion of making it sound appealing to him in whatever way you need to. Not that I have a ton of experience with this, but my ex had kids and an ex-wife, and yeah there was a lot of appealing and compromising to be had. If for whatever reason he's unreasonable, maybe an outside of the box solution can be had?

Greek yogurt with bloobs and nuts is NEVER boring. I'm having a love affair with it myself.

Have a wonderful, happy weekend! Send some of that heat this way will ya!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aila View Post
                      Mmmm, if I offer cigerettes and beer, maybe that'll tip the scales in my favour! Sorry, I'm being sarcastic, but those things you mentioned won't make a blind bit of difference to him. The only thing that'll likely get him to agree is the fact that extra time with the kids for him means less child support payments to me. Maybe I'm not being completely fair, but I'm not his biggest fan and it's hard to think of those reasonable 'carrots' having any effect on his decision.
                      However, I appreciate the advice and will give it some thought before I speak to him.

Originally posted by Aila View Post
                      p.s. have you thought about making your trip to the U.S. include PrimalCon 2012?
                      I'm planning my trip for 2013, so that's out and I'll probably be there too late in the year for PrimalCon 2013. Maybe you'll have to come to Boarfest!

So happy update time....

Yesterday I really wasn't hungry. I IF'd all day until about 7pm except for some cream in my coffee. I didn't drink a lot of water but I was peeing like a fiend all day. It was freaky!
                      Anyway, I remember reading on someone's (Aila's?) journal about the 'whoosh' effect. Where you get stuck for a while, then spend a day peeing and voila, movement on the scale. So I got on the scale this morning....... and........

1.3kg down!!!

That's 2.3 kg in 2 weeks! I'm the lowest weight I've been in over a year!!! WooHoo!!

As you can probably tell, I'm pretty happy.

So, eats yesterday:
                      B: Coffee with cream
                      L: Coffee with cream
                      D: A nice fatty ribeye, mixed greens salad. A smooze ice confectionary (made from mango and coconut milk, mmmm), about 60g 70% chocolate and 2 glasses of wine.
                      S: A large glass of raw milk.

Exercise:
                      Swimming for about an hour and a half.
                      My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                        Your weekend sounds wonderful!
                        It has been so far.

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                        Aww I hope you don't get bogged down in the details and start worrying over things. I second the suggestion of making it sound appealing to him in whatever way you need to. Not that I have a ton of experience with this, but my ex had kids and an ex-wife, and yeah there was a lot of appealing and compromising to be had. If for whatever reason he's unreasonable, maybe an outside of the box solution can be had?

Have a wonderful, happy weekend! Send some of that heat this way will ya!?
                        Yeah, I really need to think outside of the box here. I may see if I can find some young girl or an older lady who lives local and wants to make a bit of money. I dunno, I'll work something out I'm sure

You can have our heat btw, in fact I think it left already, it's only about 25* today. Hooray!!
                        My Journal

Comment

Yeah, I really need to think outside of the box here. I may see if I can find some young girl or an older lady who lives local and wants to make a bit of money. I dunno, I'll work something out I'm sure
                          This may actually be a really good solution.

Comment

So I got on the scale this morning....... and........

1.3kg down!!!

That's 2.3 kg in 2 weeks! I'm the lowest weight I've been in over a year!!! WooHoo!!
                            Woohooo! Great stuff! Is that a plateau-breaker, or are you finding your weight loss to be fairly linear thus far?
                            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Yay Em!!! I find my weight loss all comes in chunks. Nothing, nothing, nothing..... Boom. Nothing, nothing...Boom. LOL. I'm used to it now so I don't let it get me. I think that with hormonal /endocrine issues it tends to work that way... no linear allowed!

I know you'll get something worked out. Maybe a college student who will pick them up and watch them at your house? Who knows... something that will be a benefit to you all!

I think your heat came here!!! Yesterday it was 90 at my house, and 80 all the way past 6PM. Nice, but when you're trying to keep makeup from running down your face for a photo shoot... not so much! Luckily my friend who did my make up is a pro. She sprayed something magical on it and my makeup stayed put! But yeah... it's in the 80s right now here...

I haven't been too hungry today either. Wierd! I ate a tiny bit at about noon yesterday, then didn't eat until after the shoot, when I had a small meal. Then nothing so far... I could use me a good WHOOSH that's fo sho!!
                              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Hey em, checking in on journals after a weekend away from the comp! Great stuff on the weight loss, great stuff on finding somethign that you really feel passionate about, great stuff on some great sleep!

Is there any way Pete can help you with your kids when you go full time?

Comment

Working...
                                X