No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, forgot to say... I got my results back from my latest thyroid panel. This is my first panel since I started treatment with Armour, so comparison is between medicated and unmedicated.

TSH - Down to 0.26mU/L from 6.87 (0.40-4.00 range)
    FT4 - 15 unchanged (9 - 20 range)
    FT3 - Up to 5.1U/mL from 3.7 (3.5-6.5 range)
    TPO antibodies - still none.

I know a conventional GP would probably freak out at my low TSH, but I feel great at this level and free hormones are looking much better! YAY!
    My Journal

Comment

• Nice Em!!! Your levels look great, no wonder you feel so good! I know most peeps feel better when their free t3 is in the top 1/3 of the range... the OPTIMAL part! LOL. And you're not the first person I know who feels better at a low TSH. You know how you feel and if you started to feel "hypo" you'd feel it. Very cool!!

See Patience paid off! (I'm talking to myself here, I think!! )

Sounds like a lovely walk and a lovely day overall! Poor Charlie, though, LOL! Heh, I felt bad taking the girl in, but you know, you just can't have them running around with all that stuff!
      sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• So glad to hear you're feeling well! You are an inspiration!
        My Primal Journal

Comment

• Me... inspiring...? I think you must be thinking of someone else.

Yeah, we are about the same ht and wt. I totally get that non-believing thing from others, it comes with having a very muscular frame. I have a girlfriend who is an inch shorter than me, weighs 100kg and wears clothing 3 sizes larger, she has no lean muscle mass at all. This is why I hate the BMI!

Where abouts in Scotland are you from? I used to live north of Glasgow in Helensburgh when I was a teenager.

Thanks for the kind words and for dropping by.
          Yes you are inspiring! Your are so busy and doing fun stuff and rocking the workouts.

We are from England originally but moved up here nearly 6 years ago. We are right on the Moray/Aberdeenshire border in the North East. My brother lives in Sydney

Well, I'm calling it.... I am finally losing weight!!! Cue streamers and balloons

I dropped a kilo this week. That is my single biggest loss since starting PB, in fact it constitutes 25% of my total weight loss over 7 months!!

I am so glad that I stuck this out and didn't give up when I wasn't losing. I obviously have health issues that need working on and I had a lot of damage to undo from stupid calorie and carbohydrate restriction over the years BUT it's working. For once in my life I showed patience and perseverance and it really does pay off... Who'd'a thunk it!?
          Woot woot!! Well done you! Sticking it out and allowing your body to heal was so obviously worth it. I think you provide inspiration and encouragement to others who need to heal their bodies before they can see the weight loss happen as well

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
          Oh, forgot to say... I got my results back from my latest thyroid panel. This is my first panel since I started treatment with Armour, so comparison is between medicated and unmedicated.

TSH - Down to 0.26mU/L from 6.87 (0.40-4.00 range)
          FT4 - 15 unchanged (9 - 20 range)
          FT3 - Up to 5.1U/mL from 3.7 (3.5-6.5 range)
          TPO antibodies - still none.

I know a conventional GP would probably freak out at my low TSH, but I feel great at this level and free hormones are looking much better! YAY!
          Great news!
          Bee
          Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
          Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
          My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

Comment

• Congrats on the weight loss.

Your numbers are good. FT4 is at 54 % of its range. FT3 is at 53%. Many people feel best at 50% or more.

Any med with T3 will drive TSH down. Mine's that low and why I was kept undermedicated for YEARS.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
              Any med with T3 will drive TSH down. Mine's that low and why I was kept undermedicated for YEARS.
              You know that's interesting because when my TSH went up, they upped my T4. :-/

Grrrr.
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                Nice Em!!! Your levels look great, no wonder you feel so good! I know most peeps feel better when their free t3 is in the top 1/3 of the range... the OPTIMAL part! LOL. And you're not the first person I know who feels better at a low TSH. You know how you feel and if you started to feel "hypo" you'd feel it. Very cool!!
                Yeah, my levels really are optimal I think. I certainly feel better.

Originally posted by mummybeelee View Post
                We are from England originally but moved up here nearly 6 years ago. We are right on the Moray/Aberdeenshire border in the North East. My brother lives in Sydney
                I'm English too (originally), born in Portsmouth but as a Navy brat I spent my life moving all over the place.

Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                Congrats on the weight loss.

Your numbers are good. FT4 is at 54 % of its range. FT3 is at 53%. Many people feel best at 50% or more.

Yeah, I'll be interested to see what my current doc thinks. He didn't actually order the tests, it was a referral my old doc gave me when she refused to treat me. My new doc treats by symptoms and doesn't really seem to be interested in labs, at least he hasn't ordered any. I took the test because I was interested to see where things are now.

So I picked Charlie up at about 6pm yesterday, he was feeling very sorry for himself and looked very cute wearing the 'cone of shame.'

This was him in bed with me this morning, he'd managed to remove the cone of shame overnight.

Of course, he'd licked his bandage off as well so I had to apply my nursing skills to him this morning.

I didn't end up with a sleep-in this morning. Bloody kids woke me up at 7am, so I'm still suffering from a sleep deficit. I'm sleeping at Pete's tonight, kids are at their dad's so I'm hoping to sleep half the day away tomorrow. I really don't want to start prac on Monday feeling tired.

Eats yesterday:
                B: coffee with cream
                L: Leftover beef and potato stew
                D: Lamb casserole
                S: 6 squares 85%, glass of raw milk, pork rinds and smoked cod livers, a few slices of pepperoni and cheese, coffee with cream. I was really hungry yesterday.

Exercise:
                2 hour walk around the lake
                My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                  Well, I'm calling it.... I am finally losing weight!!! Cue streamers and balloons
                  I dropped a kilo this week. That is my single biggest loss since starting PB, in fact it constitutes 25% of my total weight loss over 7 months!!
                  YES!!!!!

I dropped Charlie at the vet to get de-knackered (poor bugger, but they had to go)
                  Poor Charlie...

Oh, forgot to say... I got my results back from my latest thyroid panel.

YES!!!!

So I picked Charlie up at about 6pm yesterday, he was feeling very sorry for himself and looked very cute wearing the 'cone of shame.'
                  He looks absolutely adorable!!!!!
                  "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse
                  "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                  "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Aww poor adorable Charlie. <3

Sucks about the interrupted sleep. I become an absolute bear when I don't have my rest. Overtime does it every time and I become a grumpy bitch- lol. I'm not sure at what point it happens, but I lose my sense of humor when I don't have enough sleep.

Kids. Can't live with 'em...

Comment

• LOL... I love the look on Charlie's face!!! Bwahahahahah! That's freaking hilarious.....

Comment

• great news on that 1kg em... you must be feeling quite pleased with yourself! yay.

and charlie just looks so cute! bless him.

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                          Poor Charlie...
                          He looks absolutely adorable!!!!!
                          Doesn't he? He's feeling much happier now and doesn't appear to have noticed anything's missing yet.

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                          Sucks about the interrupted sleep. I become an absolute bear when I don't have my rest. Overtime does it every time and I become a grumpy bitch- lol. I'm not sure at what point it happens, but I lose my sense of humor when I don't have enough sleep.
                          That describes me perfectly. I was like that all day yesterday, unfortunately I had a shocking night last night too, so my sense of humour has gone into permanent hiding now!

Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                          LOL... I love the look on Charlie's face!!! Bwahahahahah! That's freaking hilarious.....
                          I know right, you can almost hear him saying "I do not like the cone of shame" just like Doug in Up.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          great news on that 1kg em... you must be feeling quite pleased with yourself! yay.
                          I'll be more pleased if I weigh in next week and find that it's still gone.

I think I have a tummy bug of some sort. I keep wavering between feeling starving and feeling nauseated. I ate a huge lunch yesterday, felt a bit iffy in the evening so didn't eat dinner then woke up around 1am and had to go throw up.
                          This morning, I felt fine, starving again by lunchtime so had a good lunch, now I have just left a huge plate of steak and salad uneaten because all of a sudden I feel a little nauseated again. Bloody hell! I start prac in the morning, I can't afford to be sick!

Anyway, I spent today getting ready, sorting out the mountain of paperwork I have to take with me, ironing my uniform and looking at the bus timetable. The traffic is shocking at the time I have to leave so it'll be much quicker to catch the train and then the bus. It also means I can tune out with a podcast or my kindle and not arrive totally frustrated after sitting in traffic for an hour.

Eats yesterday:
                          B: Coffee with cream
                          L: Lamb and broccoli in masala spices
                          D: Some rice crackers (about 6) and a little cheese.
                          S: a square of 85%, some rice crackers (about 6 again) with pate, coffee with coconut cream.

Exercise:
                          Nothing.

I have to get up at 5am tomorrow to get to work for 7, so I'm having an early night. I really need to catch up on some sleep, I feel like a zombie. Mmmmm, I'm thinking I should hop in the bath, that'll relax me beautifully. What a great idea!
                          My Journal

Comment

• lets just hope its a tummy bug and you're not pregnant! anytime anyone talks about being nauseated, its my first go to diagnosis

Comment

• Ha! Unless Pete's vasectomy has magically reversed itself, I don't think so!
                              My Journal

Comment

• What a day!!! I think I've found my calling. I LOVE theatre!

We had to do a lot of meetings and presentations and orientation in the morning, but after lunch I got to observe an actual surgery!! A lady had a lumpectomy and a lymph node removed from her breast. It was only a small op, but soooo interesting! By the end of the week, I will actually be assisting in operations!

I was telling my mum about it this afternoon and explaining how holding bits of people's guts out of the way so the surgeon can get to something is far more fun than wiping their arse 3 days post-op! She called me a sick fucker as she usually does when I talk about how much I love the guts and gore of my job.

Seriously though, I really think I could enjoy this kind of work. The hospital I work at offers a peri-operative 12-month graduate program which would be awesome I think. I need to wait and see what the next 2 weeks bring, but if I still feel this way after I finish prac, I'm going to apply for it.

PB related stuff... I IF'd this morning even though I was starving, but we had no opportunity for a break so I had little choice. I think I'm going to have to eat a little breakfast while I'm working full days, I'm on my feet all day till lunch and that's no fun when you're starving hungry.

Eats yesterday:
                                B: coffee with cream
                                L: Lamb and silverbeet in masala spices on top of some mashed potato
                                D: about 2 bites of steak and salad, then a huge bowl of mango, coconut and macadamia ice-cream

Exercise:
                                walk with the pupper.

Gotta go do some homework now and then crash, I slept badly again last night! I really need to catch up!!
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X