No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling for you hon... hangovers are no fun whatsoever!!!!!!! I always think a walk is damn good punishment for overindulging!!!

Comment

• Oh, boy - I am so far behind on the journals that it isn't even funny. I just have to congrats you on your progress Em - :two thumbs up:
      Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Em you look great!! And you sound like you are feeling pretty good as well.... when you don't have a hangover! So glad I am not the only one who manages to accidentally drink a whole bottle without realising it while talking. My hubbie is my best friend and when we get talking the wine goes down all too easily. Only down side of primal I have found is alcohol affects me more than it used to and I feel like death the next day!! I am impressed you managed an hours walk. Hung over days I am lucky to make it from bed to sofa. hee!

It was great for me to see your pictures as I think we are a similar height and weight (I am 5'10" and currently just over 200lbs). I always feel I look enormous but seeing your pictures made me realise why people are always shocked if they realise my size and weight. You are looking really good. And having seen your pics I think I might be feeling brave enough to post my own progress pics in my journal as well.

You are waaay ahead of me in your workouts and you inspire me

Good luck with the prac and assignment and hope the hangover clears off quickly
        Bee
        Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
        Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
        My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

Comment

• Just saw your progress pics. You saw there isn't much difference, but I disagree. Your progress is fantastic, keep it up! Maybe you can't see it because, well, it's you. I think it is pretty clear though. Great job.
          My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• hi Em! sorry it took me so long to *find* you

your progress and path are something to be admired--and i do! you're doing beautifully!

also, i LOVE your goals--i am following a similar "goal path" what types of starches are you eating? i'm doing a combo of LeanGains (16/8 & just got my BCAAs and casein protein powder in) and obvs PB... not that i have any intention of looking like the LG gals!

anyway, keep up the wonderful work and thanks for your compliment in Patrick's journal <3 you are quite lovely yourself
            live mindfully.
            she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

• You know I used to think -- wow, I drank a WHOLE bottle of wine! Um, well, not that I'd do it every day but a whole bottle is 4-5 glasses of wine, depending on the size of the glass. Consider if you hung out and did stuff for 5 hours and had one glass/hour that'd be a bottle. Interesting change of perspective!

On the other hand it hits me harder too. Wine, especially! So two glasses is about all I can handle nowadays without paying some consequences the next day, the worst is usually the desire to do NOTHING.

Well congrats on the toil!
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                My practicum placement starts on Monday, it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I haven't done any prac since I qualified as an Enrolled Nurse. It'll be a new experience not being able to do any of the things I do every week at work without having someone supervise me. I must make sure I don't forget myself either as the things I do as an EN are outside my scope of practice as a student RN and I can actually fail the prac if I do something unsupervised. Yikes!
                Good luck!!

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                D: Ribeye steak with grilled onions, spinach salad and cough** a whole bottle of wine**cough.
                I saw that!

Originally posted by mummybeelee View Post
                So glad I am not the only one who manages to accidentally drink a whole bottle without realising it while talking.
                Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                You know I used to think -- wow, I drank a WHOLE bottle of wine!
                Me three...

Only down side of primal I have found is alcohol affects me more than it used to and I feel like death the next day!!
                On the other hand it hits me harder too. Wine, especially! So two glasses is about all I can handle nowadays without paying some consequences the next day, the worst is usually the desire to do NOTHING.
                Yup
                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• It's easy to drink a whole bottle if it's really good wine. We have a wine here called Red Cat that goes down like kool-aid. WAY too easy to over-drink. Great, now I'm craving it.

Look at you, cheffin' it up with the tater salad! That sounds absolutely delicious! Avocado mayo... now that might be worth splurging on.

Wow, you can actually get penalized for doing too much? That's crazy. If you know how to do it, you should be allowed to do it. Crazy ass rules.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I'll get to you all tomorrow but for now I'm off to bed. I have had the most god-awful day with 12 hours without power at home, my assignment that's due tomorrow morning stuck on my home PC un-finished. My fridges and freezers defrosting and basically I've been running around like a chook with it's head cut off all day!!

Good news though.... I passed Monday's assessment.

I've just finished my assignment now, it's late, I'm exhausted and I'm going to crash.

Catch you all tomorrow.
                    My Journal

Comment

• Aw what a day!!! Hope you got some rest!
                      sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Yikes, that's a bad day, all right! Hopefully the next one will be better! Get some rest!
                        My Primal Journal

Comment

• Oh yuck! You poor thing. Hope you have a great sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to face a new day.

Congrats on passing the assessment
                          Bee
                          Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
                          Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
                          My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

Comment

• Aww what a day! Congrats on passing your assessment!

I hope today is better.

Comment

• No hydro - that sucks

Congrats on passing your assignment!!

And I too hope today was a better day
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanks for the congrats everyone and yes, today has been infinitely better!

Now.....

It was great for me to see your pictures as I think we are a similar height and weight (I am 5'10" and currently just over 200lbs). I always feel I look enormous but seeing your pictures made me realise why people are always shocked if they realise my size and weight. You are looking really good. And having seen your pics I think I might be feeling brave enough to post my own progress pics in my journal as well.

You are waaay ahead of me in your workouts and you inspire me
                                Me... inspiring...? I think you must be thinking of someone else.

Yeah, we are about the same ht and wt. I totally get that non-believing thing from others, it comes with having a very muscular frame. I have a girlfriend who is an inch shorter than me, weighs 100kg and wears clothing 3 sizes larger, she has no lean muscle mass at all. This is why I hate the BMI!

Where abouts in Scotland are you from? I used to live north of Glasgow in Helensburgh when I was a teenager.

Thanks for the kind words and for dropping by.

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                                Just saw your progress pics. You saw there isn't much difference, but I disagree. Your progress is fantastic, keep it up! Maybe you can't see it because, well, it's you. I think it is pretty clear though. Great job.
                                Hey, another new face! Thanks for being so nice about my pictures, I nearly didn't post them cos I'm a pussy, but I decided to harden up and do it anyway.

Originally posted by Coconut Girl View Post
                                i LOVE your goals--i am following a similar "goal path" what types of starches are you eating? i'm doing a combo of LeanGains (16/8 & just got my BCAAs and casein protein powder in) and obvs PB... not that i have any intention of looking like the LG gals!

anyway, keep up the wonderful work and thanks for your compliment in Patrick's journal <3 you are quite lovely yourself
                                No worries CG, I meant it sincerely. I love brown eyes and freckles... I wonder why?

Starches.... I eat sweet potato, taro, tapioca, sago, white potato and white rice. Not all of them, not everyday, but they're my go-to starch sources. I have started loosely following the Perfect Health Diet which is a version of paleo that's a little lighter on the protein (around 75g a day) and a little heavier on the starch (about 100g a day), however I don't count, track or weigh anything because I've learned that this makes me crazy.
                                I discovered through all my severe carbohydrate restriction that it screws up my hormones and leaves me with no energy for life. Adding back a decent amount of starch has saved my life.

You know I used to think -- wow, I drank a WHOLE bottle of wine! Um, well, not that I'd do it every day but a whole bottle is 4-5 glasses of wine, depending on the size of the glass. Consider if you hung out and did stuff for 5 hours and had one glass/hour that'd be a bottle. Interesting change of perspective!
                                Yeah, easily done, especially with Pete's massive wine glasses!

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                                It's easy to drink a whole bottle if it's really good wine. We have a wine here called Red Cat that goes down like kool-aid. WAY too easy to over-drink. Great, now I'm craving it.
                                This wine was lovely, a New Zealand sauvignon blanc, ice-cold on a warm evening.... Mmmmm

Well, I'm calling it.... I am finally losing weight!!! Cue streamers and balloons

I dropped a kilo this week. That is my single biggest loss since starting PB, in fact it constitutes 25% of my total weight loss over 7 months!!

I am so glad that I stuck this out and didn't give up when I wasn't losing. I obviously have health issues that need working on and I had a lot of damage to undo from stupid calorie and carbohydrate restriction over the years BUT it's working. For once in my life I showed patience and perseverance and it really does pay off... Who'd'a thunk it!?

So, this morning, I printed off my assignment and handed it in and dropped Charlie at the vet to get de-knackered (poor bugger, but they had to go). I then took advantage of this glorious cool change that has arrived (25*C, crystal clear blue skies and a gentle breeze) in Perth and took off around the lake for 2 hours with my iPod and a backlog of podcasts. What an excellent morning. I got home and cooked up the leftover beef rib and potato casserole I made the other day and had a big old bowl of that for my lunch. I feel awesome!!!

Eats Wednesday:
                                B: Coffee with cream
                                L: Tin of sardines in tomato sauce
                                D: Beef rib and potato stew with brocolli
                                S: 1/3 pkt pork rinds with salsa, coffee with cream

Eats Thursday:
                                B: Coffee with cream (before the power went out and my espresso machine still worked)
                                L: a small piece of cheese (too afraid to keep the fridge open because of no power, so grabbed the first thing I saw)
                                D: Rotisserie chicken and hot chips (from the local chicken place as still had no fucking power!!!)
                                S: A bottle of pear cider, 2 squares 85%, glass of raw milk, 2 coffees at McDonalds while I was there using their free WiFi to do some study.

Exercise wednesday:
                                3 sets of 10 reps on pull-up bar (5 x wide-grip pull-ups, 5 x chin-ups)
                                Exercise thursday:
                                Hyperactivity caused by too much coffee but otherwise nothing.

Am kinda excited about prac on Monday, it'll be cool to see and do something completely different. I'm going to have to get organised this weekend though. I have a bunch of meat and bones defrosting in my fridge so that I can make up some pots of yummy goodness to eat for dinner at night when I get home. I know that I won't bother cooking if I don't pre-prepare, so I'm being organised and responsible. Dear God, what has gotten into me?!?
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X