Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad you loved the VFF!
    And that you are feeling better!

I IF every day, until at least lunch time. It's very easy for me, I'm never hungry 1st thing in the am.
    Before with CW I would have to "force" myself to eat breakfast.

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I need to stick to plans that I make instead of wasting time doing stuff, that while fun, does not achieve my goals. I have to stop being a 'gunna!!'
    You know... 'I'm gunna do this and I'm gunna do that." Just bloody do it!!!!
    I suffer from this too. Especially now that I'm not working and I have all this free time that I'm wasting...

Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
    Kelly Armstrong has a great series with werewolves (with other stuff thrown in as well).
    I LOVE Kelly Armstrong's series. She has a few "shorts" you can download on her website.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
      So glad you're feeling better! You know I had my stressful couple of weeks and wasn't eating much and from that I realized I don't need as much as I was eating, and I do really well going until noon or sometimes later fasted. Especially when I eat high quality stuff, I really am satiated on so much less... wierd. I have had a couple of higher appetite days which I definitely indulged because I figured I needed it, but I'm not eating when I'm not hungry because I always feel like poo when I do!
      I honestly think it's the extra carbs, I couldn't fast when I was doing VLC, now my body just seems happy!

Oh, and I love me some vampires! There's a couple of good series out... Kim Harrison has a witch series with vampires and other things, and then Kelly Armstrong has a great series with werewolves (with other stuff thrown in as well). And Patricia Briggs.. that's werewolves as well but some other things, and of course the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. (I love the Anita Blake stuff too, ESPECIALLY the first 6 or so books. I've lost track though, so I need to figure out where I left off and get back into it...)
      Originally posted by winencandy View Post
      I LOVE Kelly Armstrong's series. She has a few "shorts" you can download on her website.
      Ooh, book recommendations! Thanks ladies. I have ordered a couple of the Kelley Armstrong books from the library and bought the first of the Anita Blake books for my kindle. I look forward to many more naughty biting dreams.

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
      I have the "gunna" syndrome too. It's hard sometimes but your have such a positive attitude so I'm sure you can do it.
      Ya think so?! I don't feel very positive a lot of the time, but I don't like to wallow or whine too much, so I guess I try to focus on the good things.

I suffer from this too. Especially now that I'm not working and I have all this free time that I'm wasting...
      I know, right?! The more free-time I have, the less I seem to accomplish. I swear I used to get more done when I worked 40 hours a week!

So, yesterday Pete bought me a present. You guys know I love mescal and tequila right? Well he came home with a bottle of this..

Oh my dear sweet lord, this stuff is amazing, it is smoky and smooth and just delicious. Consequently we had a few too many drinks last night. It was lots of fun and we ended up having some delightfully tipsy kayaking practice but I was a little seedy this morning.
      I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up. I have been starving all day so I've just gone with it. Obviously my body needs food today.
      Funnily enough, I managed to get in a good 2 hour session on my assignment that's due in a few weeks, I did some really good work, no distractions! Maybe I need a hangover every day.

Eats yesterday:
      B: Coffee
      L: Pork rinds and smoked oysters.. Believe me, it was tastier than it sounds.
      D: Nachos... what else am I gonna cook when I'm drinking mescal?
      S: 5 shots of Don Juan Escobar with lime and salt.

It's dinner time and I have lamb ribs cooking in the oven, the smell is driving me crazy so I'm gonna go nom...
      My Journal

Comment

• Wine, I've never met anybody else who read Kelly Armstrong! LOOOOOOVE her series. She has a young adult series too. I read the first one, but haven't read the others cuz I already spend way too much on books. Heh. Might have to buy them for my daughter so that I can borrow them!

Em, seriously I'm convinced it's the yams/sweet potatoes. When I have days I don't eat them (am out or whatever), I eat more food and am less satisfied. Wierd, but I'm going with it...

Ahhhhh! te-kill-ya!!! I don't do well with tequila... I hope we can still be friends. :-P
        sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
          So, yesterday Pete bought me a present.

Oh my dear sweet lord, this stuff is amazing, it is smoky and smooth and just delicious. Consequently we had a few too many drinks last night. It was lots of fun and we ended up having some delightfully tipsy kayaking practice but I was a little seedy this morning.
          Tequila is not my best friend
          As my girlfriends say "Tequila BAD!"
          Of course, there is always this song:

(That my friends had to tell me about, 'cause I don't do country)

Although once I had a really smooth mandarin orange flavoured one from mexico...

Wine, I've never met anybody else who read Kelly Armstrong! LOOOOOOVE her series. She has a young adult series too. I read the first one, but haven't read the others cuz I already spend way too much on books. Heh. Might have to buy them for my daughter so that I can borrow them!
          She actually lives about an hour away from me, not that I've ever met her...
          A friend of mine gave me one of her books as a birthday present and I was hooked
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• So, yesterday Pete bought me a present. You guys know I love mescal and tequila right? Well he came home with a bottle of this..

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/c...posado-629.jpg

I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up. I have been starving all day so I've just gone with it. Obviously my body needs food today.
            i seem to have lost my desire to kayak lately Maybe I need tequila

Comment

• Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
              Ahhhhh! te-kill-ya!!! I don't do well with tequila... I hope we can still be friends. :-P
              You bet, most of my friends don't get my affinity for tequila. That's ok, leaves more for me.

Tequila is not my best friend
              As my girlfriends say "Tequila BAD!"
              Of course, there is always this song:
              Lol! I love that, I'll have to send it to Pete, I think he'd agree.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
              i seem to have lost my desire to kayak lately. Maybe I need tequila
              Oh no!! Maybe it's just the wrong time of the month, I hope! Maybe you do need tequila, apparently it makes your clothes fall off.

Yesterday was a re-feed day, I ate lots. Hangovers always make me wanna eat crap, but I avoided that and just ate lots of good stuff. I actually didn't feel too bad once I'd had a nap, but I was seriously lacking in energy for most of the day.

Foods:
              B: Leftover taco beef on a baked potato with cheese and sour cream, Coffee with cream
              L: A whole 80g bag of pork rinds with hot salsa, 1/3 bar of 85%
              D: Lamb ribs, salad and a big bowl of blueberries with heavy cream
              S: Lots of raw milk, I craved it yesterday. I had a latte and 2 big glasses of cold milk.

I feel bloated as heck today and I think it's the milk. I love it but I think it doesn't love me so much, especially not when I drink nearly a litre in one day.

I am having trouble with Charlie. He has always been a bit of an anxious puppy, but he seems to be getting worse as he gets older. He has extreme seperation anxiety when he's outside. He throws himself at doors and windows until someone lets him back in. When I let him out in the morning for a pee (he sleeps under my bed), he throws himself at the door and cries for 20 minutes and then comes inside and piddles somewhere, yesterday it was all over Chloe's school bag!! He's apparently not bad when we're not home. My next door neighbour and friend says that he doesn't make much noise when no-one is home, it's only when we are are in the house that he goes psycho. I'm happy to have him inside most of the time, but he has to go outside to the toilet for goodness sake! I'm at my wits end, I really don't know what to do. He is destroying the screens on the back door and my sons' bedroom window and I'm sick and tired of cleaning up urine!! Any advice?
              My Journal

Comment

• you need Cesar, the dog whisperer. You could try DAP (dog appeasement pheromones) but I'm not sure that would work in this instance. My dog has separation anxiety as well but in a different way, usually when I am out at night, I think she is scared of the dark. Perhaps you could put out a treat ball at the same time as you put him out to go for a wee. leave it by the door. I have got this rubber bone thingy with holes either end. I stuff a biscuit in it and fill it up with peanut butter. Keeps them entertained for quite a while. Perhaps if his mind is off coming inside it will help.

Comment

• oh and for pee inside, you need to douse it in white vinegar so that they cant revisit the space because they recognise the smell.

Comment

• Get the dogproof plastic screen from Bunnings. Works a treat - better than the wire mesh

As for the training, you have to be firm. Rub his nose in it, say no firmly and throw him outside again. Of course, reward him when he does go outside
                    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Lol! I love that, I'll have to send it to Pete, I think he'd agree.

I am having trouble with Charlie. He has always been a bit of an anxious puppy, but he seems to be getting worse as he gets older. He has extreme seperation anxiety when he's outside. He throws himself at doors and windows until someone lets him back in.
                      Josie does this too. She's getting better, but she will still let us know when she wants in.
                      Could you get a doggie door?

When I let him out in the morning for a pee (he sleeps under my bed), he throws himself at the door and cries for 20 minutes and then comes inside and piddles somewhere, yesterday it was all over Chloe's school bag!!
                      What if, for the next little while, you go out with him while he pees? When he does pee outside, NAME it! "Yeah Charlie! That's going pee OUTSIDE! I LOVE it when you pee outside!" Get really excited and give him a few treats. (In other words, pay him for doing a good job)

He's apparently not bad when we're not home. My next door neighbour and friend says that he doesn't make much noise when no-one is home, it's only when we are are in the house that he goes psycho. I'm happy to have him inside most of the time, but he has to go outside to the toilet for goodness sake! I'm at my wits end, I really don't know what to do. He is destroying the screens on the back door and my sons' bedroom window and I'm sick and tired of cleaning up urine!! Any advice?
                      For now try putting down a few piddle pads inside the door?
                      If he pees inside, name it again. "Charlie, that's peeing INSIDE. You need to pee OUTSIDE" no treat.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                      oh and for pee inside, you need to douse it in white vinegar so that they cant revisit the space because they recognise the smell.
                      Or get an enzyme cleaner, like "Nature's Miracle" It eliminates the smell.

Originally posted by peril View Post
                      Get the dogproof plastic screen from Bunnings. Works a treat - better than the wire mesh
                      This would work

As for the training, you have to be firm. Rub his nose in it, say no firmly and throw him outside again.
                      Please don't do this

Of course, reward him when he does go outside
                      Yes
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanks for the doggie tips everyone. I've started going outside with him and it's working well. I've also drummed into the kids about keeping their bedroom doors closed as, for some reason, their rooms are the only places inside where he'll pee. I'm starting to think it may be a dominance issue with him, he's asserting his position in the pack. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
                        I'm getting him de-sexed this month and I'm hoping the lowered testosterone will stop the territory marking, although I worry that it may make his anxiety worse. Maybe I'll fix him up with some valium.

Anyhoo, yesterday Pete and I took our kids to the Moore River Estuary. It's a popular holiday spot about 70km north of here where the river joins the sea. We hung out on the sandbank, which due to the lower water levels, is fully intact at the moment. So we had the Pacific on one side of us, crashing away and the nice calm river on the other side. It was great! We took the double kayak and Pete and I took turns taking the kids for a paddle. Then we bought fish and chips for supper and sat on the river bank while we ate. I didn't eat any fish because of the batter and my gluten issues, but I ate way too many hot chips. I hadn't eaten much all day and I was starving! Then we had ice-cream. I was totally carbed out by the time we left.

Eats yesterday:
                        B: Coffee with cream
                        L: HB egg and some tomato, cucumber and raw carrot
                        D: Lotsa hot chips, chocolate ice-cream
                        S: (after we got home) Smoked salmon, piece of chilli cheese, glass of milk.

Exercise: Lots of paddling with a few sprint sessions thrown in.

I have lots to do today. I have to cook up some stuff for lunches for the week, get all the washing done, finish a paper that's due tomorrow, tidy up and somehow keep my kids occupied while I do all that! Spose I'd better get off the computer and get started.
                        My Journal

Comment

Thanks for the doggie tips everyone. I've started going outside with him and it's working well. I've also drummed into the kids about keeping their bedroom doors closed as, for some reason, their rooms are the only places inside where he'll pee. I'm starting to think it may be a dominance issue with him, he's asserting his position in the pack. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
                          I'm getting him de-sexed this month and I'm hoping the lowered testosterone will stop the territory marking, although I worry that it may make his anxiety worse. Maybe I'll fix him up with some valium.
                          I'm glad its working. If he continues to "mark" inside, you could get him a "belly band". If he marks inside, name it and tell him "Too bad Charlie, you marked, now you will have to wear the belly band" and put it on him for a while.

Anyhoo, yesterday Pete and I took our kids to the Moore River Estuary. It's a popular holiday spot about 70km north of here where the river joins the sea. We hung out on the sandbank, which due to the lower water levels, is fully intact at the moment. So we had the Pacific on one side of us, crashing away and the nice calm river on the other side. It was great! We took the double kayak and Pete and I took turns taking the kids for a paddle. Then we bought fish and chips for supper and sat on the river bank while we ate. I didn't eat any fish because of the batter and my gluten issues, but I ate way too many hot chips. I hadn't eaten much all day and I was starving! Then we had ice-cream. I was totally carbed out by the time we left.
                          Sounds like a lovely day!
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I have been inspired by Batty's honesty on her journal to fess up about what's going on in my head at the moment.

As you all know, I'm in the midst of getting myself treated for my hormonal imbalances, and while I am feeling much better than I was, I'm still a way from where I need to be I think.

Now I made all sorts of very sensible statements about not worrying about losing weight while I'm getting healthy and while I recognise that this is a good idea, I really am sick to death of being stuck at this weight.

A little history. After my twins were born, I weighed about 138kgs. By the time I fell pregnant with Jamie, I weighed 129kg and I maintained this weight right the way through. After I had finished breastfeeding, I joined weight watchers at 117kg and proceeded to get down to 100kg. Then I stopped WW and did nothing for about 6 months and then at 110kg I went on a protein based, low-carb diet and got down to 88kgs in only about 6 months, I felt amazing at this weight, the lowest I'd been since high school. I was wearing a size 10 and loving it.
                            Then I met Pete, stopped dieting, started going out and eating whatever I liked and managed to get back up to 100kg before I arrived here. I have weighed 2 kgs either side of 100kgs now for about a year.

I have been eating pretty strict Primal but changing macros along the way to try and shift the kilos. I went VLC for a while and lost 2 kgs, but then I was exhausted so I started eating more starch. I put the 2kg back on but had more energy. Eating higher starch and lower protein with IFing saw me lose weight again and I got down to 98kg (I think the stomach bug helped). I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm back to 100kg. Exactly.

As much as I may preach about getting healthy first, being patient and letting things happen (blah, blah, blah), I am really really fucking pissed off at not being able to lose weight eating primally, at least not the way I'm doing it now.

Today, I pulled out the book from the protein/low-carb diet I did in '08 and re-read it and found myself seriously considering going back to it. It's not the most unhealthy diet out there, but it does focus on low-fat protein sources and I don't think it's necessary to restrict fat that much.... But then, what the hell do I know? I can't seem to lose weight no matter what I do!

I really don't know what to do. Here's the different things I've been thinking about:

- Paleobird's calorie restriction while keeping protein high
                            - Going high-protein/low-fat/low-carb again on my old (and proven) diet program
                            - Paul Jaminet's stuff on Perfect Health Diet with moderate carb/moderate protein/high-fat
                            - IFing all day a la The Warrier Diet
                            - Just giving up and accepting that I'll be fat forever and I may as well eat whatever the hell I like

I am so sick and tired of thinking about my diet all the fucking time. It cannot be healthy to give this much emotional and intellectual energy to the subject of what I eat. BUT, I am also sick and tired of being fat. I've been fat my whole life (except when I wasn't but thought I was anyway). I'm over it!!

If anyone is still with me, thanks. It feels better just to get it off my chest. If you see my food journal showing lots of chicken breast and salads with no-oil dressings, then you know I've returned to the dark side!
                            My Journal

Comment

• I am with you that I worry about my diet to and although I agree with primal at first it seemed quite easy and now coming up to the 6 month mark nothing about my body composition has changed and I know I'm not fat but I thought I could tone up more. It seems to me to go with what worked for you before. If it can work into your lifestyle, you loose weight and you are happy eating that way then go for it. I am also re-evaluating my diet as my mood has been rather dim of late and sometimes to be honest I enjoy eating smaller amounts but more often in the day! Do with what works best for you!
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

• Nothing wrong with going with a sustainable diet that works. Only suggestion is set yourself a period and be firm with yourself for that time in staying within the bounds of the diet. And don't forget to keep working on healing. Will be following your progress and hoping for success
                                Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Working...
                                X