No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, what a night! That's insanity! I hated being wired after a shift at the restaurant. You lay down to sleep and you hear all the noises you've been hearing for the last um-teen hours. It's awful. It does sorta leave you feeling a bit like Super Woman at the end though.

Your mood and energy do seem really good in spite of the "night of terror."

Aww sounds like time with your mom is wonderful. I haven't been spending as much time with my parents as I used to. I miss it. Haha the booze doesn't hurt. LOLz

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
      Wow, what a night! That's insanity!

Your mood and energy do seem really good in spite of the "night of terror."

Aww sounds like time with your mom is wonderful.

Haha the booze doesn't hurt. LOLz
      +1

I was gonna "Like" Diana's post, but there isn't a like button???
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Heard an awesome quote today...

Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.

I love this, I guess it's because it sums up my life. Whether it's moving across the country just cos, deciding to go live in a third world country for the experience, walking away from my marriage or deciding to leave my very well paid career to study to do something with less pay but that's far more rewarding. I just do it and deal with whatever happens along the way. I worry sometimes that I may be a little impulsive, but I figure if I played it safe I would still be stuck in the same town, with the same man in the same job. That may be great for some people, but it sounds awful to me.
        My parents have a lot to answer for I think, dragging me all over the country and then across the world for my entire childhood so that I never spent more than a year anywhere has made me flighty!

Just dropped Mum back at the airport. It's been great having her here, I'll have to do my own damn dishes now!

I am eating a lot less. It's not deliberate. I'm either not hungry or, because I'm trying to have protein, starch, veg and fat in every meal/snack, it means there's nothing easy to grab to eat. I think I need to keep some sushi or rice paper rolls made up in the fridge. I also bought some yam and beets today to make a hash with some sweet potato (thanks Minxxa! ). If I've got that in the fridge it'll give me a nice easy starch source to grab when I'm hungry.

I jumped on the scales today as I needed to weigh Charlie for his worming tablets, I've lost over 3kg of the Bali weight which is great since I haven't been trying. I guess it stands to reason that quickly gained holiday weight will come off fairly quickly too.

Eats yesterday:
        B: Blueberries and greek yoghurt, coffee with cream
        L: Salmon and avocado sushi
        D: Roast lamb and salad
        My Journal

Comment

• Just popping in to say Hi! and telling you I do read, I just don't have much to add.
          Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• That is a cool quote. And it sounds like you have a pretty cool life, too.
            The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
            Blog
            sigpic

Comment

• That's a wonderful quote! I can relate... but it often gets me into trouble. You're not by chance and Aries are you?

Mmm.... Greek yogurt. I miss that. And blueberries... come on summer.

Congrats on dropping the Bali weight, and OMG your food. Salmon and avocado sushi... now that sounds so delectable and indulgent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
                Just popping in to say Hi! and telling you I do read, I just don't have much to add.
                That's ok, I'm the same sometimes. It's nice to know that I'm not talking to myself, even if you have nothing to say.

Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
                That is a cool quote. And it sounds like you have a pretty cool life, too.
                Well, sometimes it's cool, sometimes it's a bloody nightmare, but that's what you get when you bore easily I guess!

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                That's a wonderful quote! I can relate... but it often gets me into trouble. You're not by chance and Aries are you?

Mmm.... Greek yogurt. I miss that. And blueberries... come on summer.

Congrats on dropping the Bali weight, and OMG your food. Salmon and avocado sushi... now that sounds so delectable and indulgent.
                Not an Aries, LOL, although Pete is, apparently the best match possible for my sagittarian-cusp-of-capricorn madness.

The salmon and avocado sushi was repeated yesterday too. It is delectable at the place I buy it, they are not stingy with the sashimi salmon either, so it's really tasty and filling. My mum just bought me one of those tools that turns your rice and fillings into a perfectly formed tube of awesomeness, so all you have to do is wrap your nori around it. Prepare yourself for a sushi extravaganza over the next week or two as I play with it. I'll be making dessert ones out of chocolate rice with mango slices in or something before you know it. Don't think I'll wrap that one in nori though.

So, the increased starch is still going great. My energy levels are improving so well. I know the meds will be having some effect too, but I know that the extra starch is helping.

I made up the sweet potato/yam/beet/onion/garlic hash last night. I cooked it until it almost completely collapsed. I had it for breakfast this morning and it was divine! Just as well really as I have a ton of it now! I think it'll go well with everything though. I had it with eggs for breaky.

Not much going on really, still not exercising, although I'm seriously considering hitting the pool in a minute. It's hot and humid here (still!). I really should be studying but I can't be arsed. Oh dear!

Eats:
                B: Coffee with cream, HB egg and a handful of grapes.
                L: Salmon and avocado sushi
                D: Grass-fed, gluten-free beef sausages (tomato, feta and garlic flavour), mashed potato, green beans and carrots.
                S: A couple of norcal marguaritas

What's the primal thoughts on Chia seeds? I got a great recipe for a chia seed vanilla pudding yesterday and I'm curious what the position is. Does anyone know?
                My Journal

Comment

• No idea but i presume its a seed and I use it. I made a chia and coconut pudding and it was awesome. You basically put the seeds into the coconut milk and let stand for 30mins. Then eat!
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

• The vegie hash sounds good

I stay away from seeds. The ALA in chia is basically useless to us, so its just more oxidisable PUFA = inflammatory
                    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                      my sagittarian-cusp-of-capricorn madness.
                      *Zodiac twin fistbump*
                      My Primal Journal

Comment

• you are living up to your username
                        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Wow Em what a crazy night at work! LOLz sometimes I luv my completely rote, boring stress free job. (Especially on Fridays when I spend a lot of time catching up on my reading!!)

Glad you liked the hash!! Keep us updated on the starches. Seriously it's the difference for me in being energetic and satiated and happy (at least in my short experiment). Interestingly I had two days this week where I didn't ahve my sweet potatoes/yams. One day was a chicken balsamic salad -- after which I was hungry 2-1/2 hours later... and then yesterday I had a whole foods chicken salad and eggs and then some cauliflower and banana-- and again was hungry after about 3 hours. :-/ Last night after the whole foods debacle I went home and had some ground beef, 2 fried eggs and 1/2 sweet potato and felt LOVELY. We'll see how it goes...

Nice visit with mom!

And hell, go for the pool.. even if you just float around it sounds heavenly!
                          sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by peril View Post
                            The vegie hash sounds good

I stay away from seeds. The ALA in chia is basically useless to us, so its just more oxidisable PUFA = inflammatory
                            Ah, I thought being touted as the Omega-3 seed they's be a little less harmful, darn it!

Originally posted by Ellie G View Post
                            *Zodiac twin fistbump*
                            Hey Ellie, my sista from another mista! What date is your birthday? I'm the 21st (have we had this conversation?).

Originally posted by batty View Post
                            you are living up to your username
                            I like that! Thanks Bat-girl.

Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                            Glad you liked the hash!! Keep us updated on the starches. Seriously it's the difference for me in being energetic and satiated and happy (at least in my short experiment). Interestingly I had two days this week where I didn't ahve my sweet potatoes/yams. One day was a chicken balsamic salad -- after which I was hungry 2-1/2 hours later... and then yesterday I had a whole foods chicken salad and eggs and then some cauliflower and banana-- and again was hungry after about 3 hours. :-/ Last night after the whole foods debacle I went home and had some ground beef, 2 fried eggs and 1/2 sweet potato and felt LOVELY. We'll see how it goes...
                            Starches = Win, I've decided.

Totally lazy day yesterday, did sweet f-all. I didn't go to the pool or do any study! I did start a new novel though!

Eats:
                            B: Tuber-Hash (sounds like the name of a rock band ) and scrambled eggs
                            L: Breaky was late so nothing.
                            D: Nachos: taco beef, cheese, avocado and sour cream on corn chips.... Yeah I know, shoot me now, I ate some corn, but DAMN they was goooood!

I also may or may not have had a couple of tequila shooters, the detritus of salt and decimated lemon slices on my chopping board may also be related to dinner preparation... who knows?? Oh yeah, the shot glass, well, um.......

Off to beach today with the kids, it's cooled down a bit today so I'm packing up the kids and the dog and we're going to go frolic.
                            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                              Totally lazy day yesterday, did sweet f-all. I didn't go to the pool or do any study! I did start a new novel though!
                              Those are the BEST days

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                              Eats:
                              B: Tuber-Hash (sounds like the name of a rock band ) and scrambled eggs
                              L: Breaky was late so nothing.
                              D: Nachos: taco beef, cheese, avocado and sour cream on corn chips.... Yeah I know, shoot me now, I ate some corn, but DAMN they was goooood!
                              Tuber Hash, iLike

Bang!

I also may or may not have had a couple of tequila shooters, the detritus of salt and decimated lemon slices on my chopping board may also be related to dinner preparation... who knows?? Oh yeah, the shot glass, well, um.......
                              hahahahaha
                              well, it goes with the nachoes

Off to beach today with the kids, it's cooled down a bit today so I'm packing up the kids and the dog and we're going to go frolic.
                              Have fun!
                              It's cold and raining here
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Haha! Tuber-Hash. Love it!

Mmm.... I miss corn chips. They were my favorite and my dad's too. I could eat a whole bag of those without thinking. The nachos sound fantastic, as do the tequila shooters!

Sometimes ya need a day off.

Whatcha readin?

Comment

Working...
                                X