Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry to hear your dealing with relationship stuffs EM. Consider it this way though... ya got something special and wonderful, no matter where it goes, how long it lasts, or the troubles you have. It's always worth it. <3

    Comment


    • Originally posted by unsuperb View Post
      It's something in the air, I'm sure of it *hugs* Relationship problems are blah.

      Your food looks amazing. I've taken the liberty to invite myself over next time I find myself in your region of the world
      Anytime honey, anytime

      Originally posted by batty View Post
      relationship shit like that is tough, and definitely leads to overthinking. that book that D had me read also put some perspective on relationships like that. like, if its good overall, then enjoy it, if it is not meant to be, then so be it, and be comfortable with that. but definitely do not consider it wasted time.

      of course, this is easier said than done. i hope you find resolution.

      also, you need to be inducted into the primal food pr0n hall of fame. gimme about 26 hours, i'll join you on the beach.
      I have a spot saved just for you

      I will have to hunt that book down, I need a bit of perspective. The wasted time comment came from something my Ma said, but then her thinking is that if I'm with someone who I'm not going to stay with, I'm wasting time I could be spending looking for the right guy.

      However, I'm thinking that if and when I do call it quits, I'm just gonna be single for a while. I've not been single for much of my adult life and I am only just now beginning to figure out who I am. Someone once told me that you won't have a clue who you are or what you want until you're 40 (I turn 38 on Tuesday), I thought it was crap at the time, I was 25 and knew exactly who I was thank you! The older I get though, the more I'm realising how true that is.

      Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
      Sorry to hear your dealing with relationship stuffs EM. Consider it this way though... ya got something special and wonderful, no matter where it goes, how long it lasts, or the troubles you have. It's always worth it. <3
      So true DR, I have learned some very valuable lessons from this relationship and am richer for it. It absolutely is worth it.

      So, I'm off to dinner tonight with my man, although the beautiful restaurant (an African grill) that he found and got me all excited about, he also didn't bother to book a table in (why is it when things are going crap, they just tend to go crapper!?) so I had to find an alternative venue and book it. It's a seafood smorgasboard place which I've been to before, but dammit I was looking forward to the mixed game plate (croc, ostrich, buffalo and camel) in monkey gland sauce (wtf?).

      For the guys reading, let me give you a quick tip in how to keep your girl happy (this may be relationship 101 to you but bear with me).

      If you tell your girl that you're going to take her somewhere special for her birthday dinner.... BOOK A DAMN TABLE!
      If the restaurant is booked out, do not ask her to look around and book somewhere she likes the look of. Women (for the most part) tend to organise the lives of everyone in their family, their own, their partners and their kids (and in my case, my ex-husband too), they do NOT want to organise their own fucking birthday celebration, ya hear!?!

      Ok, rant over. I'll post some gratuitous pics of heaping piles of seafood tomorrow
      My Journal

      Comment


      • Oh I totally agree! I always end up booking a table for my birthday or deciding where to go. I think generally its a man thing, but it would be nice for once not to take charge and someone else make decisions!
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sarahz View Post
          Oh I totally agree! I always end up booking a table for my birthday or deciding where to go. I think generally its a man thing, but it would be nice for once not to take charge and someone else make decisions!
          It's definitely a man thing! Still had a great time last night though, so I won't complain too much

          Originally posted by bone_machine
          Re: relationships - I got nothin', so here is a *hug* and a declaration of faith that you will choose wisely for you & yours.

          Sorry yer birthday plans went wonky. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EM!
          I love hugs! It's not my birthday till Tuesday, but I'll take the Happy Birthday now Thanks!

          So the birthday dinner was delightful. The restaurant was ok but we had a lovely time. We had the whole balcony outside to ourselves which was nice. I took some photos of the food but due to the candle-lighting and the flash, they all turned out over-exposed so I'm not putting them up. But here's what I ate...

          Oysters, and lots of them
          Chilli mussels
          grilled baramundi
          grilled baby octopus
          squid salad
          glazed ham (I cut off the sugary bit)
          ceasar salad
          olives
          feta
          pickles
          charred capsicum strips
          a very thin slice of passionfruit pavlova (the only grain-free dessert there)
          a few slivers of blue cheese and some dried apricots
          1/2 bottle of Chenin Blanc

          I was FULL when we left! We walked around the harbour for an hour after dinner to help our meal go down, it was such a beautiful, balmy night and the moon is nearly full, so it was just gorgeous!

          Ok, the best bit... my birthday present. Early this year, my man and I went to Fremantle for lunch and came across this little Opal jeweller and he bought me a really gorgeous sliver and opal ring. There was a matching bracelet there but it was way too expensive for a casual gift so I lusted and we left. So.... here's what I got for my birthday....



          You can't really tell from the photo, but the opals have flecks of gold, red, blue, green, purple and yellow through them. I ma one very happy girl today
          My Journal

          Comment


          • sounds like and awesome time !! the food list looks impressive for sure , quite a few items I have never heard of .
            and in case I forget or am not around Tuesday , Happy Birthday a little early !!!
            "Misfortune
            can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
            come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
            new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
            things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

            Comment


            • phew luckily the man bought gorgeous gift to make up for slackness on booking restaurant.

              Happy birthday for today!!!!

              Comment


              • OMG, that food sounds absolutely amazing! *drooool*

                Wow, what a lovely gift! That's a gorgeous ring and bracelet set. Opal is, by far, one of the prettiest stones there is!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                  For the guys reading, let me give you a quick tip in how to keep your girl happy (this may be relationship 101 to you but bear with me).

                  If you tell your girl that you're going to take her somewhere special for her birthday dinner.... BOOK A DAMN TABLE!
                  If the restaurant is booked out, do not ask her to look around and book somewhere she likes the look of. Women (for the most part) tend to organise the lives of everyone in their family, their own, their partners and their kids (and in my case, my ex-husband too), they do NOT want to organise their own fucking birthday celebration, ya hear!?!
                  Ha ha ha. Fully understand where you're coming from. I often take advantage of my wife's desire to have an organised life (except inside the house!) but I always take care of the booking when its her celebration. Heck, I've even booked a flash restaurant for February next year
                  Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

                  Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JAYTEEWHY View Post
                    sounds like and awesome time !! the food list looks impressive for sure , quite a few items I have never heard of .
                    and in case I forget or am not around Tuesday , Happy Birthday a little early !!!
                    Thanks Jay! I'm sure the foods are probably familiar to you, we just call them something different here in Aus.

                    Originally posted by Suse View Post
                    phew luckily the man bought gorgeous gift to make up for slackness on booking restaurant.

                    Happy birthday for today!!!!
                    Thanks Suze! Yeah, was a good save eh?

                    Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    OMG, that food sounds absolutely amazing! *drooool*

                    Wow, what a lovely gift! That's a gorgeous ring and bracelet set. Opal is, by far, one of the prettiest stones there is!
                    Food was gooood and yes... my opals are very purdy

                    Originally posted by peril View Post
                    Ha ha ha. Fully understand where you're coming from. I often take advantage of my wife's desire to have an organised life (except inside the house!) but I always take care of the booking when its her celebration. Heck, I've even booked a flash restaurant for February next year
                    Booking months in advance... Wow! You're a keeper

                    So, it was my birthday today. Still is for the next 7 minutes My girls have just left and I've had a little too much wine, but aside from having to be very careful with my typing, I'm good

                    I got some lovely pressies from my lovely peeps. My man bought me the gorgeous opal bracelet that I already bragged about. My Ma bought me a new bead for my Pandora charm bracelet. My girls bought me some candles, some wine and a cool book called The sexy book of sexy sex which looks like a lot of fun. Wow! Candles, wine, jewellery and books... I have the bestest friends and family ever!

                    Ok, I need to go and get horizontal, the wine has made my head heavy. G'night xxx
                    My Journal

                    Comment


                    • hAPPY BIRTHDAY!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                        Anytime honey, anytime
                        I have a spot saved just for you
                        I will have to hunt that book down, I need a bit of perspective. The wasted time comment came from something my Ma said, but then her thinking is that if I'm with someone who I'm not going to stay with, I'm wasting time I could be spending looking for the right guy.
                        heh. at this point i think everyone needs to read the book whether or not they're with a nice guy.

                        However, I'm thinking that if and when I do call it quits, I'm just gonna be single for a while. I've not been single for much of my adult life and I am only just now beginning to figure out who I am. Someone once told me that you won't have a clue who you are or what you want until you're 40 (I turn 38 on Tuesday), I thought it was crap at the time, I was 25 and knew exactly who I was thank you! The older I get though, the more I'm realising how true that is.
                        this is an excellent attitude to have.

                        your bracelet and ring are absolutely beautiful! and i thought i was being all awesome because i remembered that today is your birthday, then i realized that you live in the future, so your birthday is over now. happy belated
                        sigpic

                        HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

                        Comment


                        • However, I'm thinking that if and when I do call it quits, I'm just gonna be single for a while. I've not been single for much of my adult life and I am only just now beginning to figure out who I am. Someone once told me that you won't have a clue who you are or what you want until you're 40 (I turn 38 on Tuesday), I thought it was crap at the time, I was 25 and knew exactly who I was thank you! The older I get though, the more I'm realising how true that is.
                          I did this, and it's good. I highly recommend it. I wish my little sis would figure this out instead of jumping from boy to boy. It's only been the last year that I've been interested in dating again. Dating sucks.

                          Comment


                          • Happy Birthday, sorry I'm a bit late! I will have to try that place one day!
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

                            Comment


                            • I hope you had an Excellent birthday!!!
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


                              Winencandy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                                hAPPY BIRTHDAY!
                                Thanks!

                                Originally posted by bone_machine
                                Happy Birthday, Em! Good job not letting yer typing betray yer tipsyness.

                                Sounds like a delicious meal and WOW what lovely jewelry design. Nice one, boyfriend!

                                Sexy book of sexy sex sounds hilarious & delightful. Post some excerpts.
                                It took me 10 minutes to type that short paragraph

                                Sexy book of sexy sex is fun.... "As you read, you will no doubt come to associate this guide with pure erotic pleasure. However, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you insert this book into ANY orifice for purposes of sexual gratification. It is bound with cheap Chinese glue that will POISON YOU."

                                Originally posted by batty View Post
                                and i thought i was being all awesome because i remembered that today is your birthday, then i realized that you live in the future, so your birthday is over now. happy belated
                                I live in the future, he-he. It's great here, the food pyramid has bacon at the bottom and all the processed carb-eaters have been bred out of the gene pool

                                Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                                I did this, and it's good. I highly recommend it. I wish my little sis would figure this out instead of jumping from boy to boy. It's only been the last year that I've been interested in dating again. Dating sucks.
                                Dating does indeed suck, although I've been kinda lucky in that I tend to have hooked up with people I knew, I worked with my ex-husband before we got together. My current beau I met through RSVP however, that was a nerve-wracking experience that I don't think I'd like to repeat!

                                Originally posted by sarahz View Post
                                Happy Birthday, sorry I'm a bit late! I will have to try that place one day!
                                Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                I hope you had an Excellent birthday!!!
                                Thanks Sarah and W'n'C, I had a great day.

                                It's hot here today, not as hot as Christmas day is forecast to be though 38C (100F)! I don't think it matters how long I live here, I am never gonna get used to these hot Christmases. I think I may have to drink some beers on Christmas Day, there is literally nothing on earth like an icy-cold beer on a stinking hot day and it is Christmas after all!
                                My Journal

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X