No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love those unexpected days off, and doing something lovely with it is imperative. And cool on having more energy, it's always nice!

Your kindle looks just like mine! I love it dearly... have the same red case and everything.
    sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• I am so going to try those cookies, they look good.

and I am jealous, you have an e-reader. was thinking about asking for one for christmas. do you love it... is it good for reading at the beach?

Comment

• I love it Suse, the e-paper screen means that you can read it comfortably in direct sunlight. It's not backlit so you need a light to read it at night, but that also means you don't get eye-strain like you do if you read a computer screen for too long. I highly recommend it
        My Journal

Comment

• Chuckin' a sickie! I love that!

At my job we just call it a "mental health day".

Comment

• I'm feeling blah.. My BF and I are going through a stage atm where we seem to be falling out all the time. I know I am definitely feeling a lot less patient with things these days and I don't know what to make of that. We're coming up for 2 years together and at my age (as opposed to being 23), now's the time when I'm start to wonder if this could be a long-term thing and if not, am I wasting my time, you know?

There are many things I love about him but there are also many things that frustrate the shit out of me and I'm not sure whether either side of that coin is strong enough to override the other.

We don't live together and we have no plans to either. We have 5 kids between us (of his two, there is one I really don't like which further complicates things) and logistically sharing a house is going to be difficult. I also don't know if I could live with him anyway, those things that piss me off would really piss me off if I were subjected to them everyday! If I feel that way though, what exactly is the point in going on? On the other hand, I love him and I don't really want to walk away... Jesus!!

So as I said, I'm feeling blah!

I don't really have anything more to say so here's some food....

Blood sausage, egg and kale...

Lamb, broccoli and sweet potato...

Primal chilli with avocado, sour cream and extra jalapenos...

My Journal

Comment

• OMG I love your hair!!!! never tried blood sausage what does it taste like?

I would love the recipe for the chicken wings? Hope you get your mind around things soon.
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

• Hey Sarah! How are you doing? Fully recovered I hope

Thanks for the hair compliment, I just wish I could replicate it (photo was on haircut day)!

Blood sausage is kinda unique, I don't really know how to describe it. The one I buy is from Woolies and is a gluten-free one, ingredients are pig blood, salt and spices. All the others I've seen have cereal fillers so be careful if you decide to try it. My kids love it which I guess is the best testimonial that it's not too outrageously flavoured

The chicken wings recipe I actually stole from Bane's journal. Basically you boil the wings for about 20 minutes to render out some of the fat from the skin, not to reduce fat content per se but to help make them crispy, dry well. Then you bake them for about 40 minutes turning half way. Pull them out and coat in whatever sauce you're using. Bane uses a hot sauce (Frank's?), I used a combo of gluten-free tamari, seseme oil and a tiny bit of honey, then back in the oven for 10-15. They just fall off the bone and the skin is delightfully crispy.

Enjoy!
                My Journal

Comment

• awesome looking dishes ! I have never eaten lamb before , need to try it.
                  "Misfortune
                  can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
                  come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
                  new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
                  things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

Comment

• Oh you so have to. Buy some of ours, it's pastured and delicious
                    My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                      I'm feeling blah.. My BF and I are going through a stage atm where we seem to be falling out all the time. I know I am definitely feeling a lot less patient with things these days and I don't know what to make of that. We're coming up for 2 years together and at my age (as opposed to being 23), now's the time when I'm start to wonder if this could be a long-term thing and if not, am I wasting my time, you know?
                      It's something in the air, I'm sure of it *hugs* Relationship problems are blah.

Your food looks amazing. I've taken the liberty to invite myself over next time I find myself in your region of the world

Comment

• Hi NourishedEm! I soooooo am hungry now after seeing all your wonderful dishes!! Looks divine!
                        sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Originally posted by JAYTEEWHY View Post
                          awesome looking dishes ! I have never eaten lamb before , need to try it.
                          Whoa, how can you live until you're an adult without eating lamb?? That's crazy.
                          The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                          Blog
                          sigpic

Comment

• I know that sounds crazy , Lamb is not that common where I live . it is mostly beef , pork , chicken, and since I deer hunt , plenty of venison . once in a while at the high end grocery stores you will see lamb . I will buy some next time for sure
                            "Misfortune
                            can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
                            come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
                            new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
                            things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

Comment

• Huh. We get zero venison and tons of lamb. Well, enjoy it, and have it with mint sauce - delicious.
                              The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                              Blog
                              sigpic

Comment

• relationship shit like that is tough, and definitely leads to overthinking. that book that D had me read also put some perspective on relationships like that. like, if its good overall, then enjoy it, if it is not meant to be, then so be it, and be comfortable with that. but definitely do not consider it wasted time.

of course, this is easier said than done. i hope you find resolution.

also, you need to be inducted into the primal food pr0n hall of fame. gimme about 26 hours, i'll join you on the beach.
                                sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Working...
                                X