Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - NourishedEm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • <3 the hair!!! You are so beautiful!!
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LessofMimi View Post
      <3 the hair!!! You are so beautiful!!
      She's got it right! Gorgeous!


      Also +1 on the scrumptiousness of puppy friend.
      ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

      Comment


      • Your hair is gorgeous! I love it.

        You're gonna love the Dave Ramsey lifestyle. I just know it. Life is so freeing when you tell your money what to do, rather than wonder where it went. Yup, that's a Dave line- LOL! I got his software (on sale for $10) and it's awesome. Everyone should have a budget. Doing it on the computer with instant math is way better. No subtraction mistakes.

        Those cheeses are... divine. Jealous of your yummy cheeeeeeze...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bone_machine
          I am happy for newfound energy, envious of yer dairy tolerance, delighted by the canine exhibitionist and lovin' that hair.

          Also, PORK RINDS NACHOS OMG. I am making some tomorrow!
          What she said LOVE the hair!

          yet another pork rind reference...I really gotta try that...
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


          Winencandy

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
            lol


            Nice haircut!
            Thanks!

            Originally posted by bone_machine
            I am happy for newfound energy, envious of yer dairy tolerance, delighted by the canine exhibitionist and lovin' that hair.

            Also, PORK RINDS NACHOS OMG. I am making some tomorrow!
            You will not be disappointed, and thanks for the compliments

            Originally posted by batty View Post
            lovin the hairs. you look like a totally natural woman and i am infinitely envious of that.
            Wow.. envious of me??! Thank-you! "You make me feel like a natural woman..." Sorry that song came into my head spontaneously when I read your post

            Originally posted by LessofMimi View Post
            <3 the hair!!! You are so beautiful!!
            Originally posted by jazmin View Post
            She's got it right! Gorgeous!
            Good God, I'm getting a swelled head! Thank you Mel and Jaz, I really appreciate the compliment, it's nice to hear it from someone other than the BF, oh and my 5 year old who always tells me "Mummy, you are sooooo booful!!"

            Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
            You're gonna love the Dave Ramsey lifestyle. I just know it. Life is so freeing when you tell your money what to do, rather than wonder where it went. Yup, that's a Dave line- LOL! I got his software (on sale for $10) and it's awesome. Everyone should have a budget. Doing it on the computer with instant math is way better. No subtraction mistakes.
            I am getting a little hooked on the software already and am more than half way through Dave's book. Got quotes today for term life insurance and am about to purchase a will kit. Is very irresponsible to not have this sorted when I have kids. I've kinda put it off because money is so short, but it's too important, I'll find it somewhere.

            Originally posted by winencandy View Post
            What she said LOVE the hair!

            yet another pork rind reference...I really gotta try that...
            Thank you too and yes, you must get into the pig skin. If you have ever had an affection for potato chips (I had more of a dependancy), pork rinds could be your best primal friend
            My Journal

            Comment


            • Sounds like you're speeding right along with the Dave stuff! Wowza. I haven't done either of those, being single and without kids, but a will is probably still a good idea.

              Winencandy- Yes, you MUST try pork rinds!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                If you have ever had an affection for potato chips (I had more of a dependancy), pork rinds could be your best primal friend
                Oh god, I am completely addicted to pork rind. In a dangerous way.
                The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                Blog
                sigpic

                Comment


                • aight. i smell pork rind nachos in my future.

                  heh, after i made that comment, that song got stuck in my head for like 12 hours.
                  sigpic

                  HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

                  Comment


                  • love the hair, I can never get mine to sit like that. And I already love charlie, he is as cute as a button.

                    Glad to hear you are sorting life ins and a will, absolutely a must when you have children. sorting a will out when you dont have kids is really hard, I only just did one last year, so many decisions to make about what happens with my dosh. I'll probably change it all in a year or so, I did it when my man and I moved in together, at the same time as we drew up a formal agreement about who's stuff is what and what happens if we break up etc. Crikey the process to get that done was interesting.

                    Comment


                    • Wow, 5 days since journalling. I am a slack-arse! I really must spend some time on my own journal.

                      So, I'm hesitant to say it but my energy seems (slo-o-o-owly) to be increasing. I don't feel so dog-tired all the time anymore. I've been really focussing on getting to bed early, although this usually means I wake up early too, but I read somewhere that the most effective sleep you have is before midnight. Given my improved energy levels that may be true.

                      Food-wise I've been pretty good. I ate a handful of M & M's the other day, I don't know why and they tasted like sugar on steroids! Other than that things have been good. I've been making sure I get lots of vegies with my meals and I only have fruit a couple of times a week. That can be hard as it's stone-fruit season here now and I lurve mangoes and nectarines.

                      Anyway, here's a selection of food porn from the last few days...

                      Steak for breakfast... man I love this 'diet'


                      Bacon and avocado salad on spinach, tomato and cucumber..


                      I did some primal baking! First time for me really, I made almond flour banana muffins (no sugar at all!) for kids lunchboxes, although I may have snuck one or two...



                      ... and I made these coconut cheese crackers/biscuits. They're just coconut flour, cheese, mustard and egg topped with various things like fennel seeds, fried shallots, mixed seeds etc. The recipe said that they are delicious hot out of the oven with butter and I can indeed confirm that this is the case (sorry about the picture quality on this one).



                      I don't know if you guys in the US and UK have a term for the occasion when you decide that it's far too nice a day and there are far too many fun things to do than go to work, but here in Aus we call it "Chuckin' a sickie." There are a few cardinal rules that apply when chuckin a sickie such as not posting about what fun you had on facebook or twitter; but the most important one is that you MUST NOT waste it!
                      With this in mind, when I decided to chuck a sickie on Monday, I went to the beach. Charlie and I spent the day soaking up the rays, swimming and reading a trashy romance novel (Charlie loves a good bodice-ripper). Here are a few pics...




                      Today is gonna be gorgeous too, I'm thinking of taking a hike this afternoon. I did that yesterday around the local lake for about 2 hours and I felt great afterwards. I also have some fantastic beef bone marrow from my local butcher to play with, so I might roast that up as a side dish to some ribeye steaks tonight. My kids are back with me today, so I'll be interested to see what they make of it. I have no doubt my eldest son will love it, he is a true carnivore that boy. Eats the cartilage from chicken drumsticks, sucks the marrow out of lamb chops, loves blood pudding... Ah, he's his mother's son.
                      My Journal

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                        So, I'm hesitant to say it but my energy seems (slo-o-o-owly) to be increasing. I don't feel so dog-tired all the time anymore. I've been really focussing on getting to bed early, although this usually means I wake up early too, but I read somewhere that the most effective sleep you have is before midnight. Given my improved energy levels that may be true.
                        THIS is great news

                        Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                        ... and I made these coconut cheese crackers/biscuits. They're just coconut flour, cheese, mustard and egg topped with various things like fennel seeds, fried shallots, mixed seeds etc. The recipe said that they are delicious hot out of the oven with butter and I can indeed confirm that this is the case (sorry about the picture quality on this one).
                        These look wonderful! Do you mind sharing the recipe?

                        Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                        I don't know if you guys in the US and UK have a term for the occasion when you decide that it's far too nice a day and there are far too many fun things to do than go to work, but here in Aus we call it "Chuckin' a sickie." There are a few cardinal rules that apply when chuckin a sickie such as not posting about what fun you had on facebook or twitter; but the most important one is that you MUST NOT waste it!
                        With this in mind, when I decided to chuck a sickie on Monday, I went to the beach. Charlie and I spent the day soaking up the rays, swimming and reading a trashy romance novel (Charlie loves a good bodice-ripper). Here are a few pics...
                        HA! Love that!

                        Um when I was in school it was 'skipping' (class/school)

                        Your beach is better than mine, especially now
                        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse
                        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


                        Winencandy

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                          These look wonderful! Do you mind sharing the recipe?
                          Not at all...

                          http://www.earthincommon.com/appetizer_02-recipe.html

                          Only thing I would change is not making them individually, coconut flour makes a very dry dough and it just splits all around the edges. I rolled out the lot and cut them with a cookie cutter, roll and repeat till all used up.
                          Enjoy!
                          My Journal

                          Comment


                          • Love your food porn. Glad you are starting to feel more up.
                            Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
                            http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
                            Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

                            Comment


                            • Envvvy

                              And I always called it "playing hookie"

                              Comment


                              • I see your "Chuckin a sickie" as "taking a mental health day."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X