recovering from month-long vaca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recovering from month-long vaca

I started paleo this spring and was in the best shape of my adult life by mid-summer. Then I ate my way through europe for three weeks without exercising a single day. So needless to say, I'm paying for it now. I've got a college reunion coming up and am on a mission to get back in shape.

Day 1:

banana
    1/2 cup almonds
    apple
    1/4 lb. deli turkey
    salad w/ pickles, peppers, deli turkey/ham, and half a packet of low fat ranch
    cup of green tea
    fresh okra sautéed in olive oil

I'm trying to get away from deli meat, but it's so easy. Tomorrow I'm roasting a chicken and am about to go to the recipe forum for some healthy ways to cook veggies . . .

Work out:

1 hr: 20 min. cardio on bike, ran sprints between, stairs, lunges around the track, and leg weight machines

Need fat. Real old fashioned ranch dressing.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Yeah now I gotta get some real ranch to redeem myself for the plastic packet ranch yesterday. Also, any good suggestions on how to work calcium into my diet without eating dairy products? I do take vitamins.

Day 2:
      coffee (black)
      banana
      carrots
      small leftover salad w/deli meat
      kimchee salad at dinner (shrimp, octopus, cabbage, scallions, but way too much sodium) and some edamame
      ground turkey w/ onions, mushrooms, and some well-seasoned tomato sauce

exercise:
      20 min crosstrainer
      wall squats
      plank
      arm weights

Comment

Working...
      X