No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe!! although I have never had this surge of energy that other people speak of. No thats a lie, I had it one day on one weekend way back. But to be fair, I am in no way 100%. all I'm saying is maybe you have carb flu and maybe not.

so what are we gonna do girl... give up wine or give up candy. You choose and I'll follow for 1 whole week. (cause i believe in baby steps) and in saying that, I dont think an ocassional wine with dinner is a problem, its the wine before dinner, with snacks, and then 2 or 3 with dinner that is the problem. and as for the sweets/lollies/candy ... hmmm well lets face it, that is the ultimate addiction that we need to learn to say no to...

just some thoughts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post

so what are we gonna do girl... give up wine or give up candy. You choose and I'll follow for 1 whole week. (cause i believe in baby steps) and in saying that, I dont think an ocassional wine with dinner is a problem, its the wine before dinner, with snacks, and then 2 or 3 with dinner that is the problem. and as for the sweets/lollies/candy ... hmmm well lets face it, that is the ultimate addiction that we need to learn to say no to...

just some thoughts!
      Amen, Suse! Carb flu sux but once you get past that, it's all good. I have a hard time saying no to sweets...
      Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
      Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
      Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• I'm watching people pop out of the ground in Chile. Incredible!
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

just some thoughts!
          OK, For this week, lets give up the sweets. And maybe try to keep the wine to just with dinner? My bad wine time is before dinner.

My dh is leaving tonight to go moose hunting in the Great White North (Elliot Lake) for 10 days.

10 days of REALLY primal eating. And some IF. No candy, no chocolates, no ice cream.

BUT I can't give up the wine this week. Part of the annual moose hunt includes a "girls night" on Saturday...I'll be doing good if I can stick to wine. Girls' nights usually involve tons of blender drinks and shooters and a hot tub
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• ok lets start with the candy/chocolates/lollies/sweets/whatever we want to call them... we can work on the wine another time but I agree about reducing the pre dinner drinking! so 1 week starting today, no candy. (hmmm does that mean no 70% dark choc either???, to be honest I only ever have a square or two at a time cause its not very sweet, but I guess I can try to ditch that as well)

Comment

ok lets start with the candy/chocolates/lollies/sweets/whatever we want to call them... we can work on the wine another time but I agree about reducing the pre dinner drinking! so 1 week starting today, no candy. (hmmm does that mean no 70% dark choc either???, to be honest I only ever have a square or two at a time cause its not very sweet, but I guess I can try to ditch that as well)
              Deal on the candies/lollies/sweets

BUT:
              No Chocolate! That's crazy talk
              But let's not be crazy.
              What if the Dark Chocolate is an "Emergency" stash? A just in case, OK to eat if needed. But don't go overboard.
              Or do you do better "Cold Turkey"?
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                Left over shepherd’s pie, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball,
                Mascarpone cheese with a tiny bit of pure maple syrup
                Chicken breast, peas, tomatoes & avocado
                ONE glass of white wine

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I think I did pretty good today. I wasn’t going to have any wine, but I had a glass with my dh before he left for 10 days of moose hunting

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                PBF Body Weights
                8 level 2 Push Up - 8 again today. Although I can't get down very far, definitely NOT to the ground, so does it still count?
                20 level 1 Overhead Press - still afraid to try level 2...
                50 level 3 Squats - these are WAY easier than any arm stuff
                50 sec level 1 Plank (moving up 5 sec at a time - I'm flying through this - ha!)

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                Bed at 11:30 (I know, so much for the strict 11 pm bed time...) up at 9:30 am.

I didn’t do too much today, my dh was packing to leave tonight. He ‘s going moose hunting in the “Great White North” (a tiny little lake called Shoepack Lake – north of Elliot Lake – which is west of Sudbury, in Ontario)
                He goes with 6 other guys. For 10 days. They have converted an old school bus into a camper and they tow a trailer with seven 4 wheelers and an aluminum boat. Their bus is called the “Swamp Donkey Express” This year he promised the Papillons that he would bring them each back a grouse No promise on a moose. He has been doing this for over 25 years, since before I knew him. About a third of the time they return with a moose.

In the past, while they were gone, meals around here became very lax, almost non-existent. I think I’m going to try for 10 days of REALLY primal eating with some IF thrown in as well. No candy, no chocolates, no ice cream.

BUT I can't give up the wine this week. Maybe next week...Part of the annual moose hunt includes a "girls night" on Saturday...I'll be doing good if I can stick to wine. Girls' nights usually involve tons of blender drinks and shooters and a hot tub…
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                  IF until 3, then I thought I’d better eat something because I had to take my daughter to physio. I wasn’t starving, but I didn’t want the hunger to hit while I was out...
                  A couple bites of chicken breast, a small chunk of Brie, a few swallows of coconut milk (I’m getting used to the taste) Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball
                  Left over spaghetti meat sauce, Caesar salad, naiadknight’s Chocolate Whipped Heaven (but I think I made it wrong, it was more like a thick chocolate milk...)
                  ½ glass of RED wine. A Merlot. I know, crazy. I stepped outside my box. And my box is pretty big. My sister says I don’t even know there’s a box And she doesn’t know about this crazy primal thing yet...

NO candy or ice cream, today!

Nothing today

Bed at 11, up at 7:30. I was tired, but I had things I wanted to do.
                  No sun or play (unless you count shopping as play)
                  I drove into the city and visited 4 high schools, passing out my business card, letting them know I’m on the supply list. I have to do something, I’ve only had 2 half days of work since school started...
                  Then I wasted time shopping. I bought some curly hair ‘stuff’, Brie, almonds, a package of Lara Bars (a 1st), and enough coconut milk, cream and water that the cashier asked me what I made with it. Seeing as I’m just starting to experiment with it, I wasn’t sure what to say, so I said curry

Although I have a squash, and I'm wondering about a squash, coconut milk soup...
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Doin' Good!
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks bone_machine and naiadknight!

I looked for a sledge hammer yesterday. I found a short handled 4 lb OR a long handled 10 lb. Nothing in between.

I'll keep looking. 10 lb is WAY too heavy.
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                        IF till 5:30 when I had a ½ glass of Merlot with 2 bowls of Squash soup (butternut squash, coconut milk, cream, butter, bacon, nutmeg, cinnamon)
                        Roasted Pork Tenderloin and roasted baby carrots and another ½ glass of Merlot.

Check
                        No candy or sweets
                        It’s easy to avoid these things if you don’t go anywhere or do anything
                        I also managed to NOT cut my hair today - it's bugging me. The last time it bothered me I chopped it to 3" long. That was in April, it's still growing out.

PBF Body Weights
                        L2 Push Up: 6, an hour later 5, my wrists get sore…
                        L1 Overhead Press: 20
                        L3 Squats: 50, but I’m trying to do them deeper each time, maybe I’ve already transitioned to L4? Nope, just checked Mark’s video, still on L3
                        L1 Plank: Nope

I may do some more later...

Bed at 11:45 up at 8:45 to drive my daughter to school.
                        I stayed up after I got home, but my morning was sucked into the vast hole otherwise known as the internet...
                        While on the net I discovered:
                        1. Oil Pulling
                        I tried it. I learned that 1 T of oil is WAY too much oil for me, and that 5 minutes is a LONG time to swish oil in your mouth. (I know, you are supposed to do it for 15-20 minutes – babysteps)
                        2. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com
                        (Found through an Odds & Ends post by mayness yesterday, http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...power-of-sugar ) FUNNY – great place to spend time.
                        3. Several ways to make meatballs. Tomorrow night’s Girls’ Night is going to be appetizers, I figured I should bring some meat...
                        4. http://www.naturallycurly.com some interesting info there I could have used for the past 40 years...
                        5. And of course, I also got caught up on a lot of journal entries.

Then I looked at the time and realized it was 1pm!!!
                        I went outside and did some PBF.
                        Cleaned house, made squash soup & pork tenderloin, fed the dogs.

Ate. I still 'feel' like I need something. I'm not hungry hungry, just 'mouth hungry'...that's the worst kind. That's the kind of hunger that asks for sweets...maybe I'll trick it with a Batty's Blueberry Butter Ball...

Not sure what's gonna happen tonight. Probably read or surf the net again. Try to avoid thinking about the dark chocolate bar that is STILL unopened...
                        Last edited by winencandy; 10-15-2010, 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Good on you for leaving the chocolate unopened. Sometimes when I have that 'mouth hungry' thing going on, some tart herbal tea goes down nice.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Thanks Greensprout. I'll try herbal tea next time.

Batty's Blueberry Butter Ball seemed to do the trick for the mouth hunger, I didn't eat anything else.

I cut my hair last night.

Only a little, a trim really. about a 1/2". I hadn't trimmed it since April.

About my hair:
                            It's red, wavy/curly and about 6" long.
                            I’ve been experimenting with no shampoo. I'm on day 5. I’ve been “shampooing” with a conditioner.
                            Babysteps.
                            Last night I put coconut oil on my hair to “condition” it. Do you have any idea how hard that is to get out without shampoo? I tried last night, got most of it out. This morning my hair was SCARY! Oily and sticking up everywhere! So I tried washing with Baking Soda and rinsing with ACV. The coconut oil came out, but my hair felt like straw, so I put conditioner in it…

My hair will probably rebel now. It has a mind of it's own.
                            Every day is a surprise.
                            What will it decide to do today?
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I have to laugh, because I tried the same thing! It was not a good result! Won't be doing THAT again!
                              Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                              Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                              Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Food
                                IF till 5:00. Broke fast with a glass of white wine, a few cucumbers & cauliflower.
                                Meatballs (with Greek seasonings, garlic and feta cheese, stuffed with mozzarella cheese)
                                Brie melted with a pear chutney on top, warm nacho toppings (salsa, hamburger, sour cream, cheese) both of these I had scooped on my plate and I ate them with a fork, no nachos or crackers.
                                All pretty good, right?

Now for the bad.
                                More white wine (almost the whole bottle) and about 3 or 4 blender drinks (Malibu rum, banana, mango juice, pineapple juice, coconut milk, ice). All of this was between 5 and 8pm. I didn’t feel drunk, I had no more than any of the other girls, no more than I’d had any other time, but at around 8 I had to go outside for some fresh air. I laid on my friends deck for a while and then I sat up, threw up, and went back inside. Where I had a Chai tea and water. Lots of water I felt fine, but I left the alcohol alone for the rest of the night. Around midnight one of the girls brought out small tubs of Cold Stone Creamery ice cream. Mine was cheesecake with blueberries and strawberries. I ate most of it.

PBF Body Weights
                                L2 Push Up: 10! I did 10! Then I did 50 L1 Push ups. Later I did 10 more L2 on the beach!
                                L1 Overhead Press: 20, I should try the next level…
                                L3 Squats: 50. I keep trying to do them lower and lower
                                L1 Plank: 50 seconds. I had to quit because my wrists hurt.

Move Slowly & Sprint
                                In the early afternoon I took the Papillons for an hour walk on the beach. Whenever I found a nice sandy spot, I sprinted barefoot.

Bed at 11:30, up at 10 am.
                                A little bit of sun while playing on the beach with my Papillons. Took my D.

I tried oil pulling again. Less oil. Made it to 10 minutes.

Did NOT use my brain when I was at my friends house…
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X