Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe May
    1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – nope…tonight…I gotta work on it tonight…
    2. SLEEP – 9.5 hours
    3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – 1 hour walk with my Butterfly Girls

Food
    1:00 – Protein Shake with coconut milk & berries. A mango
    3:30: 3 squares of Lindt 85%
    5:00: 2 glasses of white
    6:00: Ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus with balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese. of a mango.
    Chocolate Chai

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Off Plan Eating: well…my “self imposed” restrictions of no wine or chocolate during the week…
    It’s kinda not happening this week…

I need to be careful, I’m afraid that I’ll start sabotaging my “success” and put my weight back on…
    It's happened before Don't let me do it!!!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    An hour-long walk with my “Butterfly Girls”
    Although we had to choose a new route, the beach disappeared during this week's rain and winds…

One of the things we did at Dog Camp was teach the girls to "Check In".
    For them to keep an eye on ME instead of the other way around.
    So when we were at the beach, Lily wandered off. I ran and hid behind a tree and waited.
    Josie noticed right away and came and found me. She was all "OMG MOM!!! I thought I'd LOST you!!!"
    Lily took about 10 minutes before she "missed" me. She finally came looking with the same urgency.
    The little red circle is Lily finally coming to find me:

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    I went to bed at 11 and slept till 8:30 when I drove my daughter to school.
    Then I went back to bed and cuddled with my Papillons until 10…

I decided to take a “progress photo” this morning. I was feeling thin.
    I wasn't sure if I wanted to post it...
    I'm mostly happy with it. But I still "see" the stomach...

This is 141 lbs at 5’ ” By ALL the charts, it's still TOO much...

Of course, whenever I sit down OR now that its evening, I look nothing like this photo
    I should take a photo of THAT! ... Naw, NO way I'd post it!!!

I took the Papillons for a walk, I surfed the net.
    I drove around to a few businesses and canvassed for donations for our band concert.
    (This is the 1st time in 20 years we’ve done that. I hate doing that)

Tonight. I REALLY need to work on my Band video…
    Last edited by winencandy; 05-18-2011, 04:19 PM. Reason: I didn't put coconut milk in my after supper chai
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• hmmm I like the check in idea. Yes starr would come looking for me straight away, Leo, yep that would take a while before he thought what the... where's mum. Actually that would likely happen if he was hungry. no hang on a min, he's a dog, he's always hungry

The progress photo is good. seriously what stomach are you worried about... we've all got that! I suppose if you had taken that photo in a bikini it might have been different. Yes, no sabotaging. Thats one reason why I like to have a weekly weigh in at work (aside from my near daily ones at home) i can track it if I'm getting a bit over where I want to be and then cut back. Slow and steady wins the race for you. I'm 120 and 5'3" and thats about right weight wise supposedly. But I would like to lose the muffin rolls though and have a smaller waist but oh well... as usual that brings me back to exercising properly and I just seem to not do that! I guess if I lost the muffin rolls my weight would be less, but I'm not sure I want to weigh any less if you know what I mean. hmm weight, is is worth worrying about. I think its in how we fit our clothes and feel generally that's what is most important. anyway I'm raving on a bit now

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
        hmmm I like the check in idea. Yes starr would come looking for me straight away, Leo, yep that would take a while before he thought what the... where's mum. Actually that would likely happen if he was hungry. no hang on a min, he's a dog, he's always hungry
        When you teach this, find an area that is fenced in, or that you feel safe leaving your dogs off leash. Just walk around, if they wander too far away, quickly switch direction and walk away from them. When they come up to you, name it "Checking In" and give them a treat (a really special meat treat). Do this a few times and then when they are far away call them by saying "Star, Leo, Check In!" When they come close celebrate! (have a mini party and give them treats) Check in is just them coming close to you, its not a "Here" they don't have to touch you or stay close. If they go too far, you can say "That's TOO FAR, Check In!" OR you can "Hide" on them if you don't think they are paying attention. It teaches them that it is their job to watch YOU, not your job to watch them.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
        The progress photo is good.
        Thanks!

seriously what stomach are you worried about... we've all got that! I suppose if you had taken that photo in a bikini it might have been different.
        Yeah, I know...and yes, the exercise clothes helped

Yes, no sabotaging. Thats one reason why I like to have a weekly weigh in at work (aside from my near daily ones at home) i can track it if I'm getting a bit over where I want to be and then cut back. Slow and steady wins the race for you.
        I'm starting to realize that it will be s l o w and s t e a d y for me...

I'm 120 and 5'3" and thats about right weight wise supposedly. But I would like to lose the muffin rolls though and have a smaller waist but oh well... as usual that brings me back to exercising properly and I just seem to not do that! I guess if I lost the muffin rolls my weight would be less, but I'm not sure I want to weigh any less if you know what I mean. hmm weight, is is worth worrying about. I think its in how we fit our clothes and feel generally that's what is most important. anyway I'm raving on a bit now
        Yeah, I know what you mean
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• A friend posted this picture on her Facebook:

"Life Imitates Art"

I laughed.
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• OK, Doggy Boot Camp.

Umm where to start…

The training/teaching style is called SATZ (Safe Alternative Teaching Zone)
            This is her website: forloveofdogs.org
            And this is the Yahoo group: SATZ_Main : Safe_Alternative_Teaching_Zone
            It involves talking to your dogs, teaching them our language and teaching them self control.
            It uses a Success Signal (kinda like the click of a clicker) You say X, AND a Guidance Signal (like saying warmer, warmer, or yes, that’s right) you say xxxxxxx when they are doing something right and the Success Signal (X) when they’ve finished.

Sounds weird, right? But it works.

There are 3 hard and fast “Rules” or “Jobs” for your dogs.
            1. Here. Absolutely, positively, every time.
            2. Wait. Never go through a door without permission. Ever.
            3. Easy. Self Control. Not reacting. Kinda like doggy yoga.

If you want more...I gots more...
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I posted these two stories on the Funny CW Moments thread:

I was in the USA last week with my Papillons.
              At the border I had a young eager Customs Officer. He asked me if I had any fruit or produce.
              "No"
              "Do you have anything else"
              "A few snacks for the road and food for my dogs"
              I had to give him my keys and open my hatchback for him to look.
              I have a VW Beetle, Josie (my one Papillon) is freaking out at him in the back seat...
              He opens my cooler..."What's in the brown paper?"
              "Dogfood"
              "But what IS it?"
              "Moose"
              (crickets)... no response...he didn't know what to say...he closed my cooler and hatch, gave me back my passport and told me I could go...
              but he forgot to give me my keys, I had to ask for them.

AND

I had my Papillons at a dog training camp. On the 2nd day, we took them into town.
              One of Josie's triggers (the things that make her freak out) was people coming up to the car window, so we went to a McDonald's drive thru.
              Me: "could I please have a plain hamburger patty, without the bun"
              McD server: "No bun?"
              "Correct, No bun"
              McD "You don't want a bun"
              "Right, no bun"
              Third time "So, just the meat?"
              "Yes, it's for my dog"
              We drive up to the window, Josie stays calm (with some coaching from me) - I said "Josie, a lady is going to come to the window and give me something, IF you stay Easy, I will give you 1,2,3,4,5 pieces of meat. If you DON'T stay Easy, I will get you Easy! Are you ready?" Then I used the guidance signal "xxxxxxx" to help her focus. She stayed calm (Easy) as we pulled up and received our bag and then she discovered that if you stay Easy someone will give you MEAT through the window!!!!! Awesome
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• the checking in I would probably only be prepared to try at the beach. I dont know that my garden is big enough. but i suppose I could go out the back door - they generally come trotting around looking for me when I go out to put the washing on the line.

At the moment my two are very over excitable when I get home. Starr is keening (is that the right word) she doesnt bark but sort of cries at me,and leo has taken to barking at me ... as in 'your home, your home, yay' kind of barking. Thats because they know when mum gets home they can come inside. When the fireman is not working and is home, they are NEVER allowed inside. I feel for them. but they're ok, they've got their nice warm cosy kennel and the fireman says they pretty much sleep in it all day.

I think me working on training the dogs is like me exercising... i know I should do it, but I dont. Everyone says how well behaved my 2 are, and compared to others, they are, but there is always room for improvement. Not jumping up at people when they arrive for instance.

I've definitely got no 2 - wait - on the hard and fast rules down pat. They know wait... they have to 'wait' for dinner, or 'wait' to get out of the car or 'wait' to come inside or go out the gate or wherever. That one is good. So i need to work on 1 - here or come - definitely neither are as good as they could be, leo especially, he's sort of yeah, I'll come when I'm ready. Infuriating.. And yeah 3 - easy would be good too. When they come inside they run around like a pair of crazies, it drives the fireman mad, doesnt matter how many times I tell them to go to their mat, they still need to run round in a circle half a dozen times first.

so do you feel that Josie has improved since boot camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                  OK, Doggy Boot Camp.

Umm where to start…

The training/teaching style is called SATZ (Safe Alternative Teaching Zone)
                  This is her website: forloveofdogs.org
                  And this is the Yahoo group: SATZ_Main : Safe_Alternative_Teaching_Zone
                  It involves talking to your dogs, teaching them our language and teaching them self control.
                  It uses a Success Signal (kinda like the click of a clicker) You say X, AND a Guidance Signal (like saying warmer, warmer, or yes, that’s right) you say xxxxxxx when they are doing something right and the Success Signal (X) when they’ve finished.

Sounds weird, right? But it works.

There are 3 hard and fast “Rules” or “Jobs” for your dogs.
                  1. Here. Absolutely, positively, every time.
                  2. Wait. Never go through a door without permission. Ever.
                  3. Easy. Self Control. Not reacting. Kinda like doggy yoga.

If you want more...I gots more...
                  So how do you start to teach that, because Charlie is hopeless at all 3 of those. He comes, most of the time. He will race out the door without waiting and I can't get him to stop barking and leave people alone when they come to the door. Drives me batshit! He really needs some self-control, but he has none, his whole body shivers and he whines uncontrollably when I try to get him to keep calm.
                  My Journal

Comment

• I know what you mean Em, leo cant even sit when he is so excited. his whole body wags and it is impossible for him to get his bum on the floor when he is like that.

Comment

• Maybe May
                      1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – nope
                      2. SLEEP – 9 hours
                      3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – 40 squats…

Food
                      12:00: Protein shake (2 scoops) coconut milk, a few frozen mango pieces. A few small pieces of left over ham
                      3:30: tea, coconut oil & chocolate heart
                      6:00: Venison loin slow roasted in the oven with tomatoes, roasted cauliflower, carrots, brussel sprouts, onions, garlic, spices and olive oil. Another coconut oil & chocolate “heart”

Off Plan Eating: wine on Thursday…one gummy worm (Army Wannabe Son brought them home)

I found a way to eat coconut oil, but it might have been a BAD discovery…
                      2 parts coconut oil, 1 part semi sweet chocolate chips, melted and poured into my silicone heart tray…OMG!!!!!!!
                      I think I like it more than a Lindt chocolate bar!!!!

Do you know what? I like the coconut Oil & Chocolate BETTER than the gummy worm!!!
                      As I chewed on the worm, I thought, “I’d rather have one of the Chocolate Hearts”

Wow…

L4 squats - 40

Bed at midnight, up around 9 something…
                      I kept the computer OFF until noon.
                      I did boring house stuff…
                      I made some Coconut Hearts and then I thought I’d experiment with coconut oil and chocolate. Everyone’s talking about eating coconut oil. I just can’t eat or drink it plain (or in tea).
                      The combination of coconut oil and chocolate is incredible!!

I finished Why We Get Fat and started The Paleo Solution.
                      Sitting outside on the deck, in the SUN!!

After supper I got groceries while my daughter was at soccer practice.

Suse, NourishedEm, I will attempt to explain/answer your questions. Soon.
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Do you know what? I like the coconut Oil & Chocolate BETTER than the gummy worm!!!
                        As I chewed on the worm, I thought, “I’d rather have one of the Chocolate Hearts”

Wow…
                        wow indeed! now thats what I call progress... hmm now I'm gonna have to try and make this things.

Comment

• Mmmm, that sounds good! Hooray for a yummy discovery!
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

I found a way to eat coconut oil, but it might have been a BAD discovery…
                            2 parts coconut oil, 1 part semi sweet chocolate chips, melted and poured into my silicone heart tray…OMG!!!!!!!
                            I think I like it more than a Lindt chocolate bar!!!!

You know what? I think I would have been better off if I'd never heard about this...
                            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                              wow indeed! now thats what I call progress... hmm now I'm gonna have to try and make this things.
                              Originally posted by Ellie G View Post
                              Mmmm, that sounds good! Hooray for a yummy discovery!
                              Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                              You know what? I think I would have been better off if I'd never heard about this...
                              Oh yeah they are that good!
                              I think, to "slow" myself down, (so I won't eat the whole batch at once) . I will try to make them 3:1 coconut oil:chocolate, and then 4:1
                              The idea was to be able to tolerate the coconut oil, not find yet another way to feast on chocolate! I don't need any help with that!
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Saturday
                                Maybe May
                                1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – nope
                                2. SLEEP – 8 hours
                                3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – nope

Food
                                12:00: Protein Shake with a few strawberries and coconut milk. BAS: baby spinach, ham, cucumber, cauliflower, red pepper, mushrooms, strawberries, tomato, garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

3:00: 2 Chocolate coconut oil hearts
                                6:00: BBQ chicken thighs, asparagus (with balsamic vinegar and Parmesean cheese), BAS (like above, without strawberries), Chai.
                                8:00: a cup of Caramel Caramel Cup ice cream from my parents’ booth

Off Plan Eating: the Caramel Caramel Cup ice cream…vanilla ice cream with caramel swirls and little tiny caramel filled chocolate cups!!!
                                The last time I had ice cream was in January in Jamaica.

I don’t know if it was connected to the ice cream or not, but about 9:00 I had such terrible stomach pains and bloating…it was SO bad I went to bed. At 9:30. On a Friday night.

nope

I went to bed early of Thursday night (10:00ish) 'cause I had to get up at 6 for a supply-teaching job! (I’ve been sleeping in until 9 or 10 lately)

Halfway to the job, the radio says that busses are cancelled in one of the counties. I’m driving along trying to remember if this school is in the named county or not…it turns out the school is right on the border of the two counties. I hit the wall of fog right at the town’s edge.

The meeting the teacher I was supplying for was cancelled, but they gave me the morning. Two easy assignments. The 1st period that I was supposed to do and a library supervision. I was finished at 11:30 am!

I picked up some asparagus on the way home, and then stopped at a few local businesses for more donations. Then I ate my salad outside with my Papillons, and read some of Rob Wolf’s book. I laughed when I read this:

“Think of fructose like a drunk aunt at a family reunion: She seems nice enough, but wreaks havoc wherever she goes.”

I did a few house things, then I had to go back to town for a few things. I asked the Butterfly Girls if they wanted to come. Lily hid under the chair, Josie was “Me! Me! Pick me!” So I took her. We went into a couple of businesses and she stayed “Easy” (no barking, growling, freaking out) so each time we went back to the car she got 1,2,3,4,5 treats for staying Easy. Of course, at each place I made sure no one tried to pet her (that will make her snap) so that she was “successful”.

At the liquor store, they were giving out cooler samples…of course I tried them...
                                Josie went up and sniffed some ladies' legs and stayed Easy! More treats in the car.

My Farmer was playing with his new “toy” in the garden:

Our onions:

And our leaf lettuce:

After supper we went for a drive in the truck. My Farmer, Daughter, Lily & Josie and me.

We ended up at my parent's booth and we got ice cream. While we were standing in front of the booth a little girl came walking towards Josie (after we'd asked her to please stay away) Josie growled. I got her Easy right there in front of the booth.
                                This is Josie NOT being Easy:

Does she look relaxed to you?
                                I ended up moving her away from the booth, there were just too many people coming & going too close to her. We got Easy on the grass and then I got my ice cream (in a bowl)

About an hour later I got such horrible stomach pains and gas that I went to bed. I was supposed to pick up University Son from the train station, but the Farmer had to go instead.

I hope it wasn't the ice cream...(I'd insert a sad face here, but I can't include any more images in this post!)
                                But maybe it would be "better" for me if it was the ice cream...
                                Last edited by winencandy; 05-21-2011, 07:46 AM. Reason: forgot the cauliflower in the BAS
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X