Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Farmer will be turning 50 in June!
    I want to surprise him with a trip to Las Vegas. On his birthday.
    He's been wanting to go for at least 10 years.

He also wants to see the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon.

So, I'm looking for suggestions, advice, recommendations.

I've done a little on-line research, I've also checked with AirMiles and I have enough points (7000) to do a 5 day trip (plane - good times, direct fights & transportation to & from the hotel - the Flamingo) but I have to pay the taxes, etc...(about $800)

So...ideas???
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• The blood scene?
      I thought it was cool

*tomboy alert*

Hehe, would be funny if you called your son University Son at home and in public

Oooh, anime and horror club!*

sounds exciting until you realize they are usually the most socially awkward people you'd ever meet (at least according to my experience).
      Then again I might resent them because when I came by they were too busy playing games to notice that A HOT PERFECTLY GORGEOUS WOMAN IS iN THEIR PRESENCE!

How rude!
      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• You've got your own farmer?!
        Can I have one too?!!!!!!
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
          The blood scene?
          I thought it was cool
          That's the one!

Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
          Oooh, anime and horror club!*

sounds exciting until you realize they are usually the most socially awkward people you'd ever meet (at least according to my experience).
          Then again I might resent them because when I came by they were too busy playing games to notice that A HOT PERFECTLY GORGEOUS WOMAN IS iN THEIR PRESENCE!
          Hey! You've met my son

You've got your own farmer?!
          Can I have one too?!!!!!!
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey Canada!
            Did you vote today???
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Yes, I voted. And managed to receive a pocketdialed call from one of the kids while in the process. Interesting results from the polls...

I llike your plan for a one year comparison. Things seem to still be on track for you now since you've got away from the regimented tracking. Good stuff

As for Vegas, I'll get back to you...too late tonight. Yes to Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon, if you are up for a long day trip out of the city. Otherwise, you can spend a ton of time just wandering up and down the strip. We used airmiles for out flights, too when we went there.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Maybe I’ll try these May Goals
                1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video
                2. SLEEP
                3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!!

Food
                1:30: Protein Shake with strawberries
                2:30: about ¼ lb of turkey lunch meat (bought in the city)
                4:00: a bag of “Real Fruit” gummies…
                6:00: a chicken wing, hamburger with tomatoes, carrots and onions roast chicken, some Dark Chocolate, Chai

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistake
                s
                Mother nature (female) has made it so that all the junk we consume during our feminine pains are void
                Off Plan Eating: See above quote. I was in a store, I was hungry, I hadn’t eaten enough…I saw the gummies while I was in the checkout line…I searched my purse for a Lara Bar – none…I bought the gummies. They didn't taste as good as I "remembered". They didn’t do what I hoped they would…I still felt the same after. I still felt hungry. I wanted FAT…

However, later I had a headache…I still have the headache…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Nope

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                Bed at midnight…up at 8:20, drove my daughter to school.
                I surfed the net…wasted away my morning…
                Voted.
                Went into the city, picked up some insurance papers, did a little shopping, dropped my leather coat off to get the cuffs shortened, they were too long and were fraying.
                Band practice tonight. We had a guest conductor, my old high school music teacher
                It was fun.

Watching election results.

Not what I hoped for...but there was an interesting surprise...

I still have a headache..
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  Yes, I voted. And managed to receive a pocketdialed call from one of the kids while in the process. Interesting results from the polls...
                  yup

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  I llike your plan for a one year comparison. Things seem to still be on track for you now since you've got away from the regimented tracking. Good stuff
                  We'll find out in 15 days
                  It won't be a huge difference, but then again, I didn't have 100+ lbs to loose...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  As for Vegas, I'll get back to you...too late tonight. Yes to Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon, if you are up for a long day trip out of the city. Otherwise, you can spend a ton of time just wandering up and down the strip. We used airmiles for out flights, too when we went there.
                  K
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm still up

Listening to Jack Layton

Quote from a CBC viewer: "I am happy for the NDP, but horrified that we have a Conservative majority."

yup

it's 12:53, I'm going to bed...
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• so both our blokes are turning the big 50 this year huh!! as you know, we're doing vegas in august. vegas and san francisco to be exact! we want to do the helicopter flight out to the grand canyon, most people I know who've been to vegas have said the drive is heinous. why waste a day. probably the only show we will book is O by Cirque at the Bellagio. That is where we are going to stay. seems all the big names will have left vegas by the time we get there at the end of august. we might pick up some cheap show tickets while there. for me I just want to wander around and see the sights and have a grand old time! I want to have some stuff planned but not too much!

like the idea of you weighing and measuring later this month!

interesting about those gummies eh. naughty girl but that's rich coming from me isnt it.

Comment

• We were supposed to vote?... Where was I?
                        Uh, yes... still behaving like I'm 12, so I'm too young to vote.
                        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          so both our blokes are turning the big 50 this year huh!! as you know, we're doing vegas in august. vegas and san francisco to be exact! we want to do the helicopter flight out to the grand canyon, most people I know who've been to vegas have said the drive is heinous. why waste a day. probably the only show we will book is O by Cirque at the Bellagio. That is where we are going to stay. seems all the big names will have left vegas by the time we get there at the end of august. we might pick up some cheap show tickets while there. for me I just want to wander around and see the sights and have a grand old time! I want to have some stuff planned but not too much!

interesting about those gummies eh. naughty girl but that's rich coming from me isnt it.
                          I always wanted to move to New Zealand and people always look at me like I've lost it.
                          Why not? It looks so pretty!

:<
                          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• NZ is pretty! I havent met any overseas visitors yet that dont like it here! I am biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                              so both our blokes are turning the big 50 this year huh!! as you know, we're doing vegas in august. vegas and san francisco to be exact! we want to do the helicopter flight out to the grand canyon, most people I know who've been to vegas have said the drive is heinous. why waste a day. probably the only show we will book is O by Cirque at the Bellagio. That is where we are going to stay. seems all the big names will have left vegas by the time we get there at the end of august. we might pick up some cheap show tickets while there. for me I just want to wander around and see the sights and have a grand old time! I want to have some stuff planned but not too much!
                              Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                              I'm hoping I'll like it too

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
                                We were supposed to vote?... Where was I?
                                Uh, yes... still behaving like I'm 12, so I'm too young to vote.
                                That's IT!!
                                You're grounded young lady!!!!!!
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X