• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Thyroid issues blow asscrackers.
    Ain't that the truth!!!

Comment

• naiadknight & marcadav: Thank you. I hope it's not that. I'll find out in a couple of weeks.
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• This month, I’ve set some new goals.

October Goals
        Concentrate on increasing my progression of the Primal Essential Movements.
        Continue with my Primal eating, reducing my 20%. My personal weak spots – wine and sweets
        Figure out why I’m SO tired
        Pull out of the funk I’m in

Food
        2 egg omelet with onions, tomato, and cheese, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball, small handful of trail mix
        2 chicken thighs fried in bacon fat then roasted with carrots and wine

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

2 glasses of white zinfandel, 1/3 cup Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream
        $tarbuck’s Grande Tazo Chai Latte

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
        PBF Body Weights
        50 Wall Push Ups
        20 Assisted Jack Knife Presses
        40 Bench Squats

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
        Bed at midnight, up at 9. Vitamin D

Today I went for my blood work – 6 vials – that should cover most things. More tests next week.

Tonight I went to the Commencement ceremony at the school I taught at for the past two years. This is the same school that I didn’t get the job at this September (the same job I’d done for the past 2 years). I almost didn’t go. I was halfway there and I stopped the car and almost turned around. It was the first time I’d been back in the school since I was the “unsuccessful candidate”. I got there a ½ hour before it started and saw the students and teachers I wanted to see. I smiled and said “Hi” to the principal (who didn’t hire me). Everyone was nice. I stayed for the processional and the first 15 minutes, and then I left.

I made it to the car before I started crying.

This was very hard for me to do, but I saw it as an important first step.
        Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2010, 08:59 PM. Reason: typo
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanksgiving supper was today at my sister in laws. I did really well, except for the 3 glasses of wine and the cherry cheesecake…

Food
          2 egg omelet with tomato, red pepper, bacon & cheese,
          small hand of trail mix, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball
          Turkey, cranberries, squash, salad (baby spinach, cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta, balsamic & EVOO)
          3 glasses of white wine & one slice of cherry cheesecake

I did NOT eat the mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, lasagna, buns, apple marshmallow salad, angel food cake, OR the pumpkin pie with whipped cream!!

PBF Body Weights
          50 level 1 Push Up
          20 level 1 Overhead Press
          40 level 3 Squats
          45 level 1 Plank

Bed at 10, up at 9:30
          No sun or play
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanksgiving supper #2 today. We went to my parents’ house, which is on Lake Erie. There were 17 people and 3 dogs. We went for a long walk down the beach and then the kids played croquet before supper.

Food
            Left over tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta salad, a Batty Blueberry Butter Ball
            Turkey, ham, squash, a tiny spoon of corn and dressing, a little bit of cranberry sauce and spiced plum sauce (both made by me). Apple pie and White Zinfandel

I did NOT have any potatoes, gravy or bun and I only took the tiniest bit of corn and dressing (for appearances)
            However I did have a piece of my mom’s apple pie and I had about 3 glasses of wine

We went on a 2 hour walk down the hill, along the beach and back up the hill

Bed at midnight, up at 11 am. Some sun this afternoon, it was a beautiful day (about 20 C).
            Beach walking, sea glass collecting, casual conversations.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving.

oops, I forgot bout the Skor bar I had after supper
            Last edited by winencandy; 10-10-2010, 07:33 PM. Reason: memory lapse
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• sounds like a lovely day and you used the 20% rule wisely!

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed your day! I'm guessing you slept good?!
                Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Thanks Suze and Just4me

Originally posted by Just4ME View Post
                  Glad you enjoyed your day! I'm guessing you slept good?!
                  I always sleep good

I probably sleep too much...
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanksgiving Holiday Today. Three extra “kids” home for the weekend (Two sons and one girlfriend)
                    Easy day today, we’ve already done the Turkey thing twice.

I actually woke up at 9! On my own!

I did a few PBF and cleaned my tub before anyone woke up, except my dh who was LONG gone before I even thought about waking up

Morning people just don’t understand night people It sucks to live in a morning person's world...

I cooked 2 lbs of bacon for brunch. They sucked it all back. I wasted away the afternoon.
                    Drank wine while making supper. It’s 8pm and my dh is still farming.

Food
                    Bacon. Lots of bacon
                    Caesar Salad, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls, small handful of trail mix.
                    Shepherd’s Pie. Mine had cauliflower as a topping and NO corn.
                    The very last scoop of Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream!
                    Wine.

I gave a huge bottle of Kahlua to my son. It had been sitting in my alcohol cupboard forever and I hadn’t opened it. No worries, he’s well above drinking age
                    the ice cream...
                    I had wine while I was making supper...several glasses

PBF Body Weights
                    4 level 2 Push Ups – 4! – ONLY 4!!!, But I can easily do 50 level 1 ???
                    20 level 1 Overhead Press (I'm afraid to try level 2, what if I suck as badly as I do with push ups?)
                    50 level 3 Squats
                    50 seconds level 1 Plank

I'm thinking my upper body strength is...nil...

Bed at midnight, up at 9!
                    I think I’m going to set a STRICT 11pm bedtime for myself and see if that helps…

Super easy day. No real sun or play, or brain power involved…surfed the net, read some of "A Crown OF Thorns" (Wheel of Time # 7)
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• While I still can't do crazy amounts of push-ups, I have increased my upper strength with them and the planks. I have dumb bells that I absolutely love to work out with. Still weak by anyone else's standards, but I'm improving, and that's all that matters! I always try to increase what I'm doing, even if it's just a little. It may not seem like much at the time, but it all adds up!
                      Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                      Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                      Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                        Sweet cycle! I hear ya on the upper body strength, w'n'c, but just keep at it. Even if yer push-up totals don't jump overnight, you will see some nice body composition results.

Also: I recommend shovelglove routines to help w/ upper body. Made my back & shoulders so much stronger!
                        Thanks

I checked out shovelglove on-line. It looks interesting. I think I'll see if I can find / buy a sledgehammer. What size do you recommend? Do you wrap yours?
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Today I played chauffeur.
                          I had to take my dh into the city for some eye tests. He did something to his eye (coughed) and now he has a see through spot in his vision. They dilated his eyes and then injected a florescent yellow dye into his veins to take a picture inside his eye. The dye reached his eye in 15 seconds! But it will take 24 – 36 hours to leave his system...I saw the photo, there is a little spot...
                          Then I had to drive my daughter to physiotherapy for her knee (recovering ACL surgery) and then to her music lesson. When we got home, I had company, so the wine came out.
                          PBF after supper.

Food
                          Wendy’s Chicken Apple Pecan salad
                          Tiny scoop of trail mix, Batty Blueberry Butter Ball
                          Spaghetti meat sauce with onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
                          2 half glasses of wine
                          1/3 cup of my mother in laws home made apple sauce

I thought the salad was the best choice at Wendy’s
                          I wasn’t going to have any wine, but when I got home, we had company...
                          No spaghetti noodles with my sauce

PBF Body Weights
                          8 level 2 Push Up – 4 more than yesterday! At this rate I might be doing a real push up by Christmas
                          20 level 1 Overhead Press
                          40 level 3 Squats
                          45 level 1 Plank

Bed at 10:55 pm! Of course I couldn’t fall sleep until 12...But I was able to get up at 7:30 am!
                          Maybe tonight I’ll fall asleep easier...
                          Not a lot of sun or play or brain power today, most of the day was spent in the car.
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanks bone_machine!
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                              I use an 8lb sledge, which is perfect for a novice like me. In another month or so I'll be lookin' for a 10lb-er. I wrapped it the first couple times, then realized it wasn't actually necessary.
                              Ditto, although I don't think I ever wrapped mine.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• So, I was reading the "Transition: How long" Thread in the PB Odds and Ends and the lightbulb came on!!!

I just realized that I'm probably going through carb flu!!

Doh!!

My zero energy and feeling like I could crawl back into bed at any time.
                                I even went to the doc's where I broke down. That got me a whole set of tests...

I guess I thought carb flu was all the other symptoms I've read about and that "just" fatigue couldn't possibly be carb flu...

LOL!! What an idiot I am
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X