Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think you are missing your run

Nice that your boys are comign home, you'll have a lovely easter if you can just sort out your furkids

Comment

• Sorry to hear Josie is giving you grief. It will work out.

Otherwise, things look good on the food front. Nice that your boys will be home for the long weekend too. Is Armywannabe son still waiting to hear back? Or have I missed something somewhere along the way?

As for the lack of motivation for working out, that is actually pretty common among runners after a race or event. Now that the goal has been reached, until you set a new goal for yourself, it feels sort of like now what or what's the point?? Find a goal that makes sense to you, maybe it's something like sledgehammer twice a week, 2 walk/runs plus one sprint session weekly, or something like that. I might just pull out a sledgehammer too, goofing around with Timothy at PrimalCon with one for the first time was kind of cool...and hubby does have an 8 lb sledge in his workshop, which could be a good starting weight.

Have fun teaching tomorrow
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Aww, those vet office staff members sound wonderful! It's so great when we can find people who treat our pets the way we wish everyone would treat them.
        My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
          I have had enough with counting calories…
          This morning I just decided that I needed a break from it.
          I think I have a pretty good idea of what I should eat in a day, I MAY just enter my protein every now and then, to make sure I’m getting “enough”, but my tolerance level for counting calories has been reached.
          Hooray!! I think it's served it's purpose, you know approximately what to eat to achieve your calorie goals and you found out you need more protein. Carrying on now would just be a pain in the arse, imho.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
          But she's just a bear when she's in heat.
          Me too

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
          Interesting observation:
          When I have my Protein shake at 10, I’m really hungry all day…a I can’t get enough, starving hunger…So today I decided to NOT have a morning shake and to wait until I was REALLY hungry before I ate anything. I was good until 2…

I had the shake to make sure my protein was high enough.

So, I guess, to avoid stupid mistakes I shouldn’t eat in the morning…
          Me too, I feel so much better when I wait till the afternoon to eat. Plus because I like to eat a lot, if I fast during the day I can have a really nice big dinner with dessert and wine and not worry about it as, over the course of the day, I'm still eating less.
          My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
            i think you are missing your run
            Maybe...

Originally posted by Suse View Post
            Nice that your boys are comign home, you'll have a lovely easter if you can just sort out your furkids
            It IS nice! Josie is spending a LOT of time in her crate...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
            Sorry to hear Josie is giving you grief. It will work out.
            Thanks.
            Yeah, in a few weeks, when she's not in heat anymore...

Otherwise, things look good on the food front. Nice that your boys will be home for the long weekend too. Is Armywannabe son still waiting to hear back? Or have I missed something somewhere along the way?
            It's nice to have everyone home.
            It's been 2 weeks, they told him 2 or 3 weeks before he would get a call. I thing he's gonna call them next week.

As for the lack of motivation for working out, that is actually pretty common among runners after a race or event. Now that the goal has been reached, until you set a new goal for yourself, it feels sort of like now what or what's the point?? Find a goal that makes sense to you, maybe it's something like sledgehammer twice a week, 2 walk/runs plus one sprint session weekly, or something like that. I might just pull out a sledgehammer too, goofing around with Timothy at PrimalCon with one for the first time was kind of cool...and hubby does have an 8 lb sledge in his workshop, which could be a good starting weight.
            This makes sense. I do have a "what's the point" feeling. Hmmm...new goal....

I think you should try the shovelglove!

Have fun teaching tomorrow
            Thanks!

Originally posted by Ellie G View Post
            Aww, those vet office staff members sound wonderful! It's so great when we can find people who treat our pets the way we wish everyone would treat them.
            Yeah, it was really nice! I only wish I'd gone there with Josie in January, instead of the place I took her!

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
            Hooray!! I think it's served it's purpose, you know approximately what to eat to achieve your calorie goals and you found out you need more protein. Carrying on now would just be a pain in the arse, imho.
            I AGREE

Me too
            LMAO!!!

Me too, I feel so much better when I wait till the afternoon to eat. Plus because I like to eat a lot, if I fast during the day I can have a really nice big dinner with dessert and wine and not worry about it as, over the course of the day, I'm still eating less.
            Yup!
            It's nice that someone else notices the same thing. My friends look at me like I'm CRAZY if I tell them I don't eat breakfast! "But you will go into STARVATION MODE!!!" So I just don't even bother telling them. I just lie and say I've already eaten...
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thursday

April Goals
              1. 5K on April 10!!!!! DONE!
              2. SLEEP
              3. Follow my “Desired Goals” without counting calories!
              4. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video

Food
              11:30: Bacon!
              3:30: Lindt Sea Salt and macadamia nuts
              4:30: Protein Shake
              8:30: Awesome Mall salad & small plastic container of raspberries
              10:00: Grande $tarbuck’s Tazo Chai Latte

Awesome Mall Salad:

Who says you can't eat well in the mall??
              (Yes there was hummus on my plate, and yes I ate it)

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
              Off Plan Eating: I had Chocolate on Thursday – Oh NO!!!
              and some hummus...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
              5 Tibetan Rites: 8 reps

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
              Bed around 11:00ish, up around 9ish.
              Tibetan Rites, boring house stuff, cooked bacon.

I had a supply-teaching job in the afternoon at my daughter’s school.

Then I headed into the city for some shopping and to pick up my 2 eldest sons.

I love shopping by myself, when I don’t HAVE to get anything

I loved it so much, I forgot to eat supper until 8:30! (Of course the 4:30 Protein shake might have had something to do with that!)

My Eldest Son met me in the food court, (He’d gotten a car ride from Toronto) then we picked up University Son at the train station. My poor little Beetle was FULL with all their stuff!

Of course we stopped at $tarbucks on the way home…

I'm SO behind in my journal reading....
              Last edited by winencandy; 04-22-2011, 07:53 PM. Reason: fixed my smilie
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• April Goals
                1. 5K on April 10!!!!! DONE!
                2. SLEEP
                3. Follow my “Desired Goals” without counting calories!
                4. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video

Food
                12:00: Bacon! (again)
                4:30: White Wine (1/2 bottle) and Cadbury Mini Eggs
                6:00: Butter Chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions. Chai, some Lindt Sea Salt...

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                Off Plan Eating: Cadbury Mini Eggs…It’s Good Friday…

Stupid mistake - I forgot to add the coconut milk to the butter chicken

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                Nope

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                Bed around 10:30, up around 8:30.

Went to my sister’s and watched my Farmer cut a hole in her back wall and put in a door.

Cooked 2 packages of bacon for my family.
                Made Butter Chicken.
                Cleaned the kitchen.
                Drank wine, ate chocolate. (imagine that)
                Forgot to add the coconut milk to the chicken
                Realized it after we’d eaten it.

It's nice having all my children home for Easter
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Isn't it great having a full house?

I thought you finished the Lindt sea salt?
                  My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                    Isn't it great having a full house?
                    Yes it IS great having a full house!

Although knowing it's only for the weekend helps

I thought you finished the Lindt sea salt?
                    I bought some more
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I SAW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you are having a fab weekend with the kids.

Comment

• *squints* Eh, what's that about chocolate? What's going on?

Have a great time with your kids!
                        My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          I SAW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you are having a fab weekend with the kids.
                          Originally posted by Ellie G View Post
                          *squints* Eh, what's that about chocolate? What's going on?

Have a great time with your kids!
                          heeheee

thanks, I intend to have a great time
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Hoppy Easter

Every Bunny!!!
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• nice!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• 15,000 views...

crazy
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X