Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
    ok i'm getting dizzy watching the man do tibetan rites.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
    I just had to whip back to the beginning of your journal... you were 150lbs on your parents scale then, now 142!!! yay!
    Yeah! I'm FINALLY seeing some changes!
    I'm pretty happy about it
    And if I go back to May 2010, I weighed 155 on their scale!

Originally posted by Suse View Post
    not long now till your run!!!!!!
    I KNOW!!!
    6 days!
    Yikes!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• April Goals
      1. 5K on April 10!!!!!
      2. SLEEP
      3. Follow my “Desired Goals”
      4. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video

SATURDAY

Food
      L: Salad: 187 g left over ground beef, 2 hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, and lettuce. Apple with macadamia butter
      D: 5oz white wine, 1 oz Jamaican Rum Cream, 1 oz peppermint schnapps & 1 oz crème de cacao, 2 roasted chicken thighs, roasted sweet potatoes and carrots.
      9:30: blender drink: Malibu rum, OJ, pineapple juice, ½ banana.

Everything is in CRONoMeter except the peppermint schnapps, crème de cacao, and Malibu rum. None of them were listed…I can't be bothered finding them elsewhere. I know it's a REALLY high cal and carb day...

I guess this makes up for all my really LOW cal days

CRONoMeter #s:

Cal: 1934
      Protein: 103 g (22%)
      Carbs: 120 g (24%)
      Fat: 103 g (48%)
      Alcohol: 6%

Desired Goals
      Total calories = 1345
      Desired protein: 70g
      Desired carbs: 75g
      Desired fat grams: 85g

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
      Off Plan Eating: Well, it was really Off Plan Drinking...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
      I went out to run.
      I actually ran for about 5 minutes when I turned around and went back.
      I just didn’t feel like running, and my stomach didn’t feel like running…
      It was at 2pm and I think I just had too much food at lunch…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Um…bed around 11, up around 9…I think...I don't remember, that was yesterday
      Cleaned.
      Decided after lunch that I should run. It didn’t work out all that well…next time I will run BEFORE I eat…

After supper, I went to watch my 7 year old niece’s skating carnival.
      After the carnival I was invited to my friends’ house for a drink. I went, BUT I only had 1 drink
      And it was really good
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Your drinks sound REALLY good right now. I'm wishing I had a bottle of wine open to indulge on- lol

Macadamia butter is just heaven, isn't it? Do you buy it or make your own?

Comment

• Thanks, they were

I have an unopened bottle of white in the fridge...I thought about opening it, but it's Sunday, and there's no way I'll drink the whole bottle tonight. (Wow, I can't believe I just typed that...it never used to be a problem finishing a bottle...)

Anyway, I'm trying to not drink during the week, but if there's an open bottle...

I bought the Macadamia Butter. I've never tried making any nut butters before...
          And YES, it is heaven!
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I've got no open bottles in my fridge, in fact I have no white wine at home... this is a good thing for me this week I'm thinking!

Comment

• I should probably take the unopened bottle OUT of the fridge...until Friday...
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 6 days 14 Hours until my RUN!

April Goals
                1. 5K on April 10!!!!!
                2. SLEEP

Food
                L: BAS: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 chicken thigh, mushrooms, red pepper, avocado, romaine lettuce, garlic, avocado oil & lemon juice. Large Chai for the road trip.
                D: Crock-pot turkey thigh & drumstick, (from a 35-40 lb free range turkey that our friends raised)

High calories and carbs again today...

CRONoMeter #s:
                Cal: 1510
                Protein: 65 g (17%)
                Carbs: 114 g (29%)
                Fat: 93 g (54%)

Desired Goals
                Total calories = 1345
                Desired protein: 70g
                Desired carbs: 75g
                Desired fat grams: 85g

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I debated having a drink before supper, but I decided I didn’t really want one, I had enough yesterday…that sounds SO grownup and responsible

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                Nothing.
                Not very good, seeing as there are ONLY 6 days until my 5K...

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                Bed at 11:30 (I didn’t stay very long at my friends’ house.)
                Up at 9 and we went to church, to be greeters again.

After lunch we picked up our new trailer. We had just parked it at home when it started to SNOW!

Easy evening, doing nothing...
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Snowing mixed with rain here today too. Spring, where are youuuuuuu??

That run is getting close! I'm guessing you are planning on a walk/run approach for the big day? That makes sense, and you should get through it quite decently that way.

Big ol' pat on the back for not opening the wine, I agree, an open bottle just begs to be finished. And after 5 days open (if you waited until Friday for the rest) it's just not right. I have a bit of an issue that with hubby's recent resurgence of home winemaking, instead of bottling some, he's found some of these big bags (like when you buy a big ol' box o' wine at the store)...so there's always some "open"...sometimes too tempting.

Enjoy your evening of doing nothing. I'm jealous as I have more of that damn teenage kid stress going on again.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                    That run is getting close! I'm guessing you are planning on a walk/run approach for the big day? That makes sense, and you should get through it quite decently that way.
                    Yeah, it's definitely going to be a walk/run race

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                    Big ol' pat on the back for not opening the wine, I agree, an open bottle just begs to be finished. And after 5 days open (if you waited until Friday for the rest) it's just not right.
                    I even took it OUT of the fridge, so it won't be "ready"

I have a bit of an issue that with hubby's recent resurgence of home winemaking, instead of bottling some, he's found some of these big bags (like when you buy a big ol' box o' wine at the store)...so there's always some "open"...sometimes too tempting.
                    Ooh, that would be tough...

Enjoy your evening of doing nothing. I'm jealous as I have more of that damn teenage kid stress going on again.
                    One of these days, the teenage stress will be done, trust me
                    You just have to hang in there!
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• My Army Wannabe Son’s Adventure:

He spent most of the day Saturday packing and re-packing his backpack.
                      Then at 5pm he drove to the lake to meet 5 of his friends.
                      They hiked up the creek and then set up camp in my FIL’s field. My son’s “tent” was a tarp strung between two trees.
                      They made a fire, cooked their supper and camped out for the night, listening to they coyotes yipping.
                      In the morning he said there were tracks about 60’ away from their camp!

They continued hiking today, they had someone meet them at a road and take their tarps and sleeping bags.
                      They continued for 3 more concessions until the snow and rain became too nasty, then they got a ride home.

He came in, tired, muddy and happy!
                      And headed straight for the shower
                      Right after supper, he fell asleep on the couch.
                      He’s now in bed

They are already planning on doing it again next weekend
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• A review of the past 3 months:

January Goals
                        1. No namesakes during the week, minimal on weekends. Again. Still. Always.
                        2. REALLY Increase workouts
                        3. Shift my sleep cycle earlier
                        4. De-clutter my house
                        5. Enjoy Jamaica!!! (without feeling self conscious about my body)

I decided to enter a 5/10km in April and started the Couch to 5 K running program.
                        I was getting very frustrated at my SLOW progress…
                        After Jamaica (where I neither gained nor lost weight) I decided to do a 30 DONN.
                        Whole 30, but with butter

February Goals
                        1. 30 DONN (Whole 30, but with limited butter)
                        2. Push the exercises
                        3. SLEEP
                        4. De-clutter my house - still

I did 30 DONN with only two minor, unavoidable “cheats”.
                        Results: No weight change, however I lost some inches…
                        I also decided that 30 DONN, or Whole 30 was NOT a “healthy” attitude/way of eating for me.
                        I won’t do it again.
                        Kept trying to run
                        My house was still cluttered…

March Madness
                        1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
                        2. SLEEP
                        3. Reduce my fat?
                        4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

I’ve managed to run 15 times…
                        The furthest I’ve run is 4.2 km and the longest I’ve run without having to stop and walk was 8 minutes…
                        I dropped the de-clutter goal…It’s still there…in the back of my mind…someday…

March also saw me experiment with counting calories…reducing fat and increasing protein.
                        I entered this experiment kicking and screaming…
                        I did NOT want to do it…
                        It has been educational, and I’ve had some good results:

January to April Changes:
                        Weight: Lost 6 lbs!!!
                        Inches Lost: Ribs - .5”, Waist – 0, Stomach – 1”, Hips - .5”, Thigh – 1”, Bicep - .5”

Therefore I’ve decided to continue for April, until I have a better understanding of calories, protein, carbs and fat…

April Goals
                        1. 5K on April 10!!!!!
                        2. SLEEP
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Congratulations on your success. 6 lbs is nothing to sneeze at!

Can't wait to hear how your run goes. I really want to get back out there and run. I wish it would stop being 30 degrees.

Great goals for April. You can totally do it!

*Making a mental note to buy macadamia nuts next weekend.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm pretty happy about FINALLY seeing some scale movement!

I will definitely post ALL about the race And there's even a fellow PB'er in the race! I hope I meet her!

Thanks, and YES, get yourself some macadamia nuts!
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              My Army Wannabe Son’s Adventure:

He spent most of the day Saturday packing and re-packing his backpack.
                              Then at 5pm he drove to the lake to meet 5 of his friends.
                              They hiked up the creek and then set up camp in my FIL’s field. My son’s “tent” was a tarp strung between two trees.
                              They made a fire, cooked their supper and camped out for the night, listening to they coyotes yipping.
                              In the morning he said there were tracks about 60’ away from their camp!

They continued hiking today, they had someone meet them at a road and take their tarps and sleeping bags.
                              They continued for 3 more concessions until the snow and rain became too nasty, then they got a ride home.

He came in, tired, muddy and happy!
                              And headed straight for the shower
                              Right after supper, he fell asleep on the couch.
                              He’s now in bed

They are already planning on doing it again next weekend
                              This sounds like so much fun!! I wanna go!

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              I dropped the de-clutter goal…It’s still there…in the back of my mind…someday…
                              He-he, sounds like my de-clutter goal.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              January to April Changes:
                              Weight: Lost 6 lbs!!!
                              Inches Lost: Ribs - .5”, Waist – 0, Stomach – 1”, Hips - .5”, Thigh – 1”, Bicep - .5”

Therefore I’ve decided to continue for April, until I have a better understanding of calories, protein, carbs and fat…

April Goals
                              1. 5K on April 10!!!!!
                              2. SLEEP
                              I like the new goals and I love the results from the old ones.
                              My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                                This sounds like so much fun!! I wanna go!
                                You are more adventurous than me!
                                You saw my idea of camping...I prefer a dry warm bed at night

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                                He-he, sounds like my de-clutter goal.
                                One of these days, it will go back on my list...seriously...

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                                I like the new goals and I love the results from the old ones.
                                Thanks!
                                Me too
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X