Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    Paleo Solution was a good quick read, I think I made it through in 2 or 3 days over the holidays. Still working on WWGF, enjoying it so far. Started GCBC last summer, but got bogged down in the details. I'll get back to it eventually. Also started "The Vegetarian Myth" for fun on the business trip last week, interesting so far but too much babbling in the first part of the book. Make your point and move on, in my opinion.
    Maybe I'll read both. It won't be the 1st time I've had more than 2 books on the go at the same time

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post

I laughed out loud at this...cuz I've been there. Side planks with low shorts and top riding up means saggy skin hanging oddly...WTF???? Good grief, it's got to get better than this!!

And low lighting can be your friend (though I don't think he really cares that much as long as it's happening )
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Not the best sleep last night.
      The Papillons woke me at 2. I noticed that my hands were swollen so much that I had difficulty removing my rings.

KFC?

Then from 6:30 to 8:00 the Papillons and the cat played "bed games".

This is what happens:
      The cat comes in, jumps on the bed, Josie chases the cat, Lily dives under the covers to get away, then the cat leaves.
      Wait 10 minutes, Josie's settled, Lily comes out from under the covers, I start to drift off to sleep...
      And then the cat comes back. Cycle starts over again. Finally at 8am I got up, grabbed the cat and locked her in the kids' game room downstairs.

The Papillons and I slept till noon
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• so much to comment on...

planks naked... NEVERRRRRRRRRRR.

Eating less than 1000 calories a day.... NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR

Cats and dogs in the bed... NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
          so much to comment on...

planks naked... NEVERRRRRRRRRRR.

Eating less than 1000 calories a day.... NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR

Cats and dogs in the bed... NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
          heeheehee

but I gotta have my dogs in the bed...just not the cat!
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• More #'s

This site says:

Body Mass Index: 28.5
            Waist to Height ratio: 0.52
            % Body Fat: 34%
            Lean Body Mass: 97.7 lbs

Then it tells me:
            You are overweight by 8.5 kilograms (18.7 pounds)
            Minimum caloric requirements: 1670 Calories per day
            Limit your food intake to 1419 calories per day.
            to lose 1.8 pounds per month.
            Your diet should contain at least 64 grams of protein per day.

At least this seems more "doable"...

Sigh...I hate #'s!!!
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Just smile, nod quietly and forget about it the next day.
              "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by nosaladwithoutmeat View Post
                just smile, nod quietly and forget about it the next day.

ok
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm copying this from Paleobird's journal.
                  So I have it here. It's her response to my 830 Calorie post:

No, 869 is definitely too low. If I were you, I would shoot for 1000.
                  "Ideal body weight" should be hot stuff in a skimpy bikini weight not just what you really think you can achieve. Your "Ideal" might be closer to 102.
                  Remarkably accurate if old fashioned method of calculating weight/height ratio I heard was this. For women ideal weight is 100lbs plus 5 lbs for every inch over 5 feet tall. For me that means 150, exactly where all the fancy BMI calculators say I should be. So for you, 102 includes 2lbs for your extra 1/2 inch above 5ft.

So, if we go with 102 that mean 408 calories from protein. Round to 400. That gives you 600 calories to play with between carb and fat. That's do-able. Not fun but do-able.
                  my reply:
                  102 lbs. I can't even imagine it.

1000 calories.
                  I don't know.

I don't think I'm ready for that.
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I think I'm ready to:
                    Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
                    Just smile, nod quietly and forget about it the next day.
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Hmmm. 1000 cal seems supremely drastic...don't blame you for feeling disturbed at that idea. Not sure what suggestions to give you on that one...other than you could always decide to give it a go for a week and see what happens. Either things will start moving in the right direction, or you'll be hungry and miserable and ready to gnaw your arm off or one of your pup's legs, or those moose bones on the deck from a few months ago...

Seems like many of us are at a confusing crossroads of which path to choose right now.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                        Hmmm. 1000 cal seems supremely drastic...don't blame you for feeling disturbed at that idea. Not sure what suggestions to give you on that one...other than you could always decide to give it a go for a week and see what happens. Either things will start moving in the right direction, or you'll be hungry and miserable and ready to gnaw your arm off or one of your pup's legs, or those moose bones on the deck from a few months ago...

Seems like many of us are at a confusing crossroads of which path to choose right now.
                        Yeah, I think its too drastic for me. I can definitely lower my calorie count, but I don't think I can go that low.

Besides, the moose bones are long gone, and I love my puppies too much oh, yeah, I don't want to be miserable
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• March Madness
                          1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
                          2. SLEEP
                          3. Reduce my fat?
                          4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
                          IF till 5:30, I just wasn’t hungry…maybe too much yesterday??
                          Pre-dinner: 2 cucumber slices and a glass of white wine
                          D – Another glass of white. Venison roast, 1 C of cauliflower, broccoli, and brussel sprouts, a 3” piece of roasted carrot. BAS: romaine, cauliflower, mushroom, cucumber, red pepper, bacon, carrots, balsamic vinegar, garlic and macadamia oil.
                          Dessert: 6 macadamia nuts, 1 coconut heart, 5 dates, 1 square of Lindt 85%. Just because

CRONoMeter #s:
                          Cal: 1192
                          Protein: 66g, 22%
                          Carbs: 42 g, 13%
                          Fat: 61 g, 46%

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                          I did nothing today, therefore I avoided all poisons and stupid mistakes
                          I did NOT eat the Stovetop Stuffing or the garlic bread, or the gravy, or the corn, or the ice cream

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                          Nope. Not today
                          Although I did take Lily out for a walk around our 3 acres…Josie didn’t get to come ‘cause she tried to fight Lily on the way out the door

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                          Bed at 11:30. Awake at 6:30 by the pets’ “bed games”. Games ended at 8. Fell back asleep.
                          Up finally at noon.

Checked MDA, wasted the day on-line. Except for when I took Lily out for a walk outside her pen.
                          I discovered where the Farmer left the sledgehammer! It's in the barn, so maybe I can resume Shovelglove!

It was a pj day at winencandy’s house

I had the 2nd glass of white because I didn’t want a little bit left in the bottle to tempt me during the week. So, one bottle lasted me all weekend. I think that’s pretty good. Way better than I used to be!

I had the macadamia nuts because Stabby said so.

And the chocolate, because I could
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Oh, I forgot...

My Daughter's been listening to this song all day, so therefore, so have I

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• We had a pretty same day... except you got macadamias. Yummy.... *birthday wish!* LOL!

Nothing like a pajama day to make you feel.... Ahhhhhh.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                                We had a pretty same day... except you got macadamias. Yummy.... *birthday wish!* LOL!

Nothing like a pajama day to make you feel.... Ahhhhhh.....
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X