Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roberta View Post
    oooh yummy, I am not familiar with creamed coconut. Can you buy it? tia..
    You buy creamed coconut in a box. This is what it looks like:

Originally posted by Roberta View Post
    and I love the hair! (although I was a bit distracted by those adorable puppies of yours.)
    Thanks for the hair complement.
    Heehee, Good, then the pups did their job
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• lol, I still saw your great doo .

Thanks, I have not seen the creamed coconut before. I hope I can find it.

Comment

• I love love love the creamed coconut hearts!!! I've thought about doing something like that, but never have. I suspect that adding some peppermint extract to the coconut and then dipping in dark chocolate would make them amazing!!

So no hot tubbing? Ah well, at least you weren't faced with the wine temptation to have to work around.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
          I love love love the creamed coconut hearts!!! I've thought about doing something like that, but never have. I suspect that adding some peppermint extract to the coconut and then dipping in dark chocolate would make them amazing!!

So no hot tubbing? Ah well, at least you weren't faced with the wine temptation to have to work around.
          Ooh, peppermint and dark chocolate

Yeah, no temptations and the girls were really good too. "Oh, yeah, your still on that 30 day thing..."
          no problems
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
            YEEEESS! Does the cuteness enhance the flavor?
            Yes. Yes it does. The cuteness adds an amazing amount of flavour and satisfaction

AND it makes them 'feel' like a treat, instead of "just" creamed coconut on a spoon

Originally posted by bone_machine
            You got this, WnC! 30DONN is in your grasp.
            You know, I feel like I do "have this". That I even could have survived a Girls Night Out
            It is a powerful feeling, realizing I am in charge!!!
            Not my cravings

Originally posted by bone_machine
            5 reps - nicely done!
            Why thank you

Although I think I will keep it at 5 for a while and concentrate on form.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
              Day 24

Food

L – 1 cup of last night’s left over salad, 2 cups of left over squash soup, Chai with coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg
              5pm – a creamed coconut heart, 4 macadamia nuts,
              D – Stir Fry: cauliflower, carrots, onion, mushrooms, water chestnut, bean sprouts, sliced almonds, ginger, garlic, pork chops. Frozen blueberries with coconut milk, (I could almost make myself believe it was ice cream) Chai with coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg

Stir Fry:

Blueberries with coconut milk:

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
              Avoided

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
              Nothing.
              I woke up with a sore back…might have been from too much time in bed

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
              Bed at 12:00, up at 11:450 am!
              My lower back was stiff and ached.

I really didn’t accomplish much today…
              Besides laundry and dishes…of course…

Well, I watched “Hancock” (for the 1st time) and then “Up In The Air” this afternoon, but I don’’t think I can count that as an accomplishment.

Oh, and for some reason, my internet speed is c r a w l i n g today
              Hmmm
              University Son came home last night for “Reading Week”. I wonder what he’s doing on-line…

We are now all in the living room, 4 laptops on the go (2 Macs, one ancient PC and one Netbook), farm newspaper open, Papillons laying on the couches, stupid in-heat cat meowing and rolling around on the floor, with "A Few Dollars More" alternating with the "Hockey Game" on the 47" TV.

Just your typical average Saturday night
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Your Saturday night sounds great

I love that blueberry/coconut milk fake ice-cream combo. I make it with less coconut milk and a spoonful of almond/brazil/cashew butter and a dash of cocoa. It is quite thick and really does hit the ice-cream cravings.

Internet speed crawling with 4 computers hitting the bandwidth? Mmmmm, I wonder why it's slow?
                My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                  Your Saturday night sounds great

Now my daughter is asking about a coed birthday party/sleepover she's been asked to next weekend. We are all enjoying teasing her and prolonging giving her an answer University Son wants her to write a 5 page essay explaining why she should be allowed to go

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                  I love that blueberry/coconut milk fake ice-cream combo. I make it with less coconut milk and a spoonful of almond/brazil/cashew butter and a dash of cocoa. It is quite thick and really does hit the ice-cream cravings.
                  I'm gonna try it that way next time, but with macadamia butter. Mmmmmmm.

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                  Internet speed crawling with 4 computers hitting the bandwidth? Mmmmm, I wonder why it's slow?
                  Yeah, I know. Can't figure it out
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• LMAO!!!

A friend posted this video link on Facebook.
                    I just had to share it!!!

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• those little coconut hearts looked so cute.

Still going great guns on your 30DONN. Brilliant, I am more than impressed.

Cant watch that vid at work, but I can pretty much guess from the still picture that they look like they are doing what I do every morning... picking up the pooch and complaining...

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                        those little coconut hearts looked so cute.
                        They make me happy
                        (small things for small minds)

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                        Still going great guns on your 30DONN. Brilliant, I am more than impressed.
                        Me too

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                        Cant watch that vid at work, but I can pretty much guess from the still picture that they look like they are doing what I do every morning... picking up the pooch and complaining...
                        Ah, they're not complaining. Watch it when you get home
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                          Day 25

Food

L – BAS: 3 cups of cauliflower, cucumber, red pepper, avocado with balsamic vinegar and macadamia oil. A coconut heart
                          S – a few pistachios and then a Lime Lara bar (because my Daughter opened it, tried it and didn’t like it…
                          D – roast chicken (that my friend raised) sweet potato, cauliflower, squash, BAS (like lunch but without the avocado) a few pieces of young coconut Chai with coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                          Avoided so far, but we are on our way to my Sister In Laws for Birthday cake for my FIL.
                          As long as its cake, I have no problem saying no. Now, if its CHEESECAKE…help!!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                          Walked around for about 1 ˝ hours at an RV show…

Pullup Challenge
                          Static Hold/Reverse Chin Up: - 3 - Hold for 4 seconds, then 4 second controlled drop

Myotatic crunches – 10

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                          Bed at 11:40, up at 9:30! On a Sunday!
                          Surf MDA, dishes, laundry, clean kitchen, minimal PBF…

Went into the city with the Farmer to an RV Trade Show. Lots of walking, looking, dreaming, but no buying…

Tonight we are going for birthday cake.

It's snowing. The news is calling it a snow storm. We'll see...
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• step away from the cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I ate another coconut heart before I went for cake...

It was a store bought cake. Very easy to decline.

When I was asked why I didn't want cake, I just said I was not eating sugar or alcohol for 30 days and today was day 25.
                              Why? Penance for Jamaica was my "reason". That was easier than explaining the whole 30 DONN.
                              My BIL asked which was harder. He knows me well
                              I said not having a glass of wine while making supper on the first weekend was the hardest, but after that it was easy.

Next time we get together for food? I'm not sure what I'll say...
                              Maybe I'll say that I really liked the way I felt during my 30 days and that when I reintroduced sugar it made me feel sick...
                              In the summer, when we were there for burgers and I asked for mine with no bun, he wondered why.
                              I smiled and said there were so many good salads that I didn't want to fill up on a bun

It is still snowing. The Farmer shoveled the deck before we went for cake and I shoveled it when we came back.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Yeah, cheesecake is a hard one to pass on. I had a cheesecake in Bali, fortunately is tasted like arse so I didn't finish it.

The home-made coconut ice-cream with macaroons on the other hand.....
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X