Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bone_machine
    +1

Diggin the hair! With yer complexion & that shirt yer eyes pop.
    Awe, shucks...

Thanks
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• ahhh look at those babies... so cute... love your hair... gorgeous colourings.

And well done you on getting out and going for a run outside. wow, you're like a changed woman!

Do you think you need Cesar (the dog whisperer) to help you with Josie. I'd love to meet him, he is the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
        Woke up with loads of energy (despite the late nite), bounced outta bed and went through a 3-rep then 4-rep 5 Rites series. Did the same sequence a few moments ago. Thank you so much for posting about this, I LOVE this sequence. #2 is pretty tough fer me, but I KILL on #5.
        WOW! Look at you go

Glad you like it

I find 3 & 4 to be challenging.
        #3, because I can't arch my back very far
        #4 because its just not smooth or pretty yet

#5 is easy, it reminds me of downward dog and cobra (Yoga)
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
          ahhh look at those babies... so cute... love your hair... gorgeous colourings.
          I think they're pretty cute too
          Thanks

Originally posted by Suse View Post
          And well done you on getting out and going for a run outside. wow, you're like a changed woman!
          I know...its scary (in a good way)

Originally posted by Suse View Post
          Do you think you need Cesar (the dog whisperer) to help you with Josie. I'd love to meet him, he is the man!
          My trainer/teacher is PK Shader. http://www.forloveofdogs.org/
          She uses safe, non violent methods to teach you how to communicate with your pets.
          She also runs a Yahoo group. http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/SATZ_Main/

I'm VERY happy with her, you should have seen Josie BEFORE!
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
            Day 22

Food
            L – Greensprout’s squash soup, left over salad. Bacon! A spoonful of creamed coconut
            D – 3 mushroom caps, stuffed with pesto, pork loin chop, BAS: red pepper, cucumber, cauliflower, almond slices, cranberries, mandarin orange pieces, some romaine, macadamia oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar dressing, a small bowl of strawberries, a few almonds, a Chai with coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and pure vanilla

I might not be done...I have mouth hunger...

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
            No cheese in my mushroom cap I miss that...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Not very much...
            PBF
            L3 Pushup – 20
            L2 Plank – 40 sec – wow, I’m outta practice

Pullup Challenge
            Static Hold/Reverse Chin Up: - Hold for 4 seconds, then 4 second controlled drop – 2 of these!

Myotatic crunches – 10

5 Tibetian Rites X4

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
            Bed at 11:30, up at 8:30 to drive my daughter to school.
            I stayed up!
            Quick MDA check, PFB, clean living room.
            And laundry and dishes…of course…

After lunch I watched my son’s high school hockey playoff game. An “if you loose, you’re done” game. It was VERY close. We’d get a goal, they’d get a goal. A nail bitter game. At the end of the 3rd it was tied 4-4! About 23 seconds into the overtime period a freak shot rebounded off the metal strip beside one of the doors and landed right in front of a forward on the other team.. He scored They lost…

I came back home and took Lily and Josie out to practice being off leash outside of the pen and getting Lily to leave digging when I call her off. They did pretty good.

I spent “forever” on the phone with Bell – trying to figure out HOW I had an extra $208 in usage charges!!! Something called “Short Code Programs” on the Farmer’s phone that he NEVER subscribed to OR received! The nice young man at Bell is taking the charges off our bill

One of Army Wannabe Son’s friends came over for supper. Lily hid, Josie gave him kisses.

I have a supply job in the city tomorrow morning. I’m gonna TRY to go to bed at an earlier hour…

Yeah, I know...stop laughing...
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Add a slice of bacon, 6 macadamia nuts and another Chai with coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to today's foods.
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I’m gonna TRY to go to bed at an earlier hour…
                Good luck with that...kidding! I'm not one to comment on that end of things.

The hair looks fabulous! Do you ever try straightening yourself? I've found that it is much easier to do since going pooless. And I recently discovered how you can really use the flat iron to make curls too...pretty cool stuff.

I see you've found how strangely addicting the creamed coconut can be. I find I eat a box or so, then leave it alone for a month or more, then rediscover it in the kitchen pantry and off we go again. Maybe I'll aim for taking shredded coconut to work instead for a while and see how that goes.

Nice job on the outdoor run! I can't wait until spring to get comfortably moving outdoors again. I really grew to love walking in my VFFs last summer and wearing them for sprints on the grass feels amazing.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  Good luck with that...kidding! I'm not one to comment on that end of things.
                  Yeah, it's 11:24 and I'm still here...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  The hair looks fabulous! Do you ever try straightening yourself? I've found that it is much easier to do since going pooless. And I recently discovered how you can really use the flat iron to make curls too...pretty cool stuff.
                  Thanks, I might try it tomorrow morning...If I get up early enough.

I see you've found how strangely addicting the creamed coconut can be. I find I eat a box or so, then leave it alone for a month or more, then rediscover it in the kitchen pantry and off we go again. Maybe I'll aim for taking shredded coconut to work instead for a while and see how that goes.
                  Yup! I'm not sure if I should thank you for that or not

Nice job on the outdoor run! I can't wait until spring to get comfortably moving outdoors again. I really grew to love walking in my VFFs last summer and wearing them for sprints on the grass feels amazing.
                  It was good. A lot different than running on the indoor track.
                  The air and scenery was better
                  BUT
                  On the track, I only do a small loop at a time. On the road I had to commit to a longer distance.
                  I found that to be a bit "scarier".

Weird...

OK, bed time. Now.
                  I'll have to catch up on journals tomorrow...
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Look what I "made" this afternoon:

I softened up the creamed coconut and then poured it into a silicone ice cube tray
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                      Day 23

Food

L – left over salad, 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, an apple
                      S – 2 date/almond/coconut rolls, a creamed coconut heart
                      D – left over steak, squash and BAS: cauliflower, red pepper, cucumber, sliced almonds, cranberries with balsamic vinegar, garlic and macadamia oil, a date/coconut roll, a creamed coconut heart, and a Chai with coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                      Avoided, so far,
                      BUT I’ve been invited to my friend’s hot tub tonight for a “girl’s night” to plan our up-coming “Girls Night Out”
                      This usually involves large amounts of wine…I’m gonna take some coconut water, pineapple juice and maybe some pomegranate juice…

I CAN DO IT! I’ve only got 7 days left!!!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                      Not much
                      5 Tibetan Rites X 5

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                      Bed at 11:30, so much for an early bed time…up at 6:15, straightened my hair, got ready and left by 7. Drove to the city for a supply teaching job.

It was a good day. No problems. I like those days

I stopped at a huge grocery store and bought some fresh dates and creamed coconut. I saw some Date Rolls beside the dates. Ingredients: dates, almonds and coconut. They are about ” thick and 2” long. I bought a small tub. When I got to the car I opened it and tried one. It was awesome!!! Like a date square without the oats! I went back into the store and bought two more tubs

I ate another one on the way home, and I was surprised that it felt too sweet. I stopped after two, I almost wished I’d only eaten one…This is BIG for me! Before Primal, I’d have eaten half the tub…

When I got home I froze them on a cookie sheet and them put them back in the tubs in the freezer.

I also made my creamed coconut hearts

I’m supposed to go hot-tubbing in a half hour…wish me luck!!!!
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• OMG, you just reminded me I forgot to look for creamed coconut at the store. Crap, crap, crap.

Ohh... enjoy your hot tubbing! It sounds wonderful. What a way to finish off a week.

So what are these creamed coconut hearts you speak of?

Comment

• Hey W'n'C!

So much catching up to do......!

Love the hair, am making coconut butter hearts today, they look amazing (wonder how they'd be with a dark chocolate coating...?), enjoy the hot-tubbing
                          My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                            OMG, you just reminded me I forgot to look for creamed coconut at the store. Crap, crap, crap.

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                            Ohh... enjoy your hot tubbing! It sounds wonderful. What a way to finish off a week.
                            We didn't end up in the hot tub
                            We watched Burlesque instead

I drank coconut water mixed with pineapple juice.

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                            So what are these creamed coconut hearts you speak of?
                            Post #876
                            Easy. Take a box of creamed coconut. Soften it. Pour softened coconut into silicone ice cube tray. Let harden.
                            I thought it would be "nicer" than spooning it out of a bowl More of a treat
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                              Hey W'n'C!

So much catching up to do......!

Love the hair, am making coconut butter hearts today, they look amazing (wonder how they'd be with a dark chocolate coating...?), enjoy the hot-tubbing
                              Thanks for the hair love

Ooh! Dark Chocolate!!! In one more week, I'll try it

Hot tub didn't happen
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                Look what I "made" this afternoon:

I softened up the creamed coconut and then poured it into a silicone ice cube tray
                                oooh yummy, I am not familiar with creamed coconut. Can you buy it? tia.. and

I love the hair! (although I was a bit distracted by those adorable puppies of yours.)

Comment

Working...
                                X